NHL Pride and Honor Series (all teams posted!)

OhioSportsMan61

My only complaint with the Jets is the use of grey as the number outline on the home and away, because it runs into the problem the current Avs jerseys have where the outline is hard to see and makes numbers "blobby". The grey blends into the white numbers on the home and then blends into the jersey of the aways. I would like to see the lighter blue as the outline instead.

In saying that, this has, by and large, been an extremely good concept thread.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dunno. I’m not feeling the Jets.  I feel a round yoke on the road would look better, and I kind of want to see the modern jet on the small logo on the pants for the home and road. 

The Honor is great. 

On 4/1/2020 at 4:37 PM, monkeypower said:

My only complaint with the Jets is the use of grey as the number outline on the home and away, because it runs into the problem the current Avs jerseys have where the outline is hard to see and makes numbers "blobby". The grey blends into the white numbers on the home and then blends into the jersey of the aways. I would like to see the lighter blue as the outline instead.

In saying that, this has, by and large, been an extremely good concept thread.

Thanks for the feedback! I gotcha on that concern. I feel like it might be even blobbier if the numbers are stroked with a light blue outline, but that might just be me. I'm not the biggest fan of how that looks on their current set and actually prefer the Avalanche's number treatment.

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

On to the Avs...

SyUsbjm.png

cGJpMTU.png

v8ctTCe.png

dU0pvZL.png

I may be in the minority, but I'm not the biggest fan of the Avs' modernization of their classic sets. With the primaries, I wanted to do something familiar, yet new and fresh.  Pride jersey was inspired by the Rockies' uniforms and the Colorado state flag, and the Honor set pays homage to the 1996 Cup winning team.

2LYbxnm.png

Your stuff is pretty dam awesome, and love the take on the Avs, but that road set feels like it can have the arm and hem blue replicated from the home set, as there just seems to be too much maroon there, not enough contrast.  Disclaimer, I hated the old Coyotes when they when full Maroon.

On to the Ducks...

TP8atsG.png

W7apBro.png

7uCExvm.png

Tlo9KwI.png

Primaries are a blend of the cup winning team's identity with their current look. Pride uniform features orange as the dominant color for Orange County, and the Honor set throws it back to the OG Mighty Ducks look. 

Only two teams left!

2LYbxnm.png

I think the Ducks look great on their own, but then I wonder if it’s too late for them to claim gold as the second color over orange again. The home and away makes me think Vegas if red was switched out for the orange accent. I’d imagine the Pride jersey would be the best look to base the home and away off of.

On 4/3/2020 at 10:57 AM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

On to Calgary...

1Wba5aD.png

wAr5viB.png

PU2HKNc.png

AvWMeav.png

I want to see Blasty on the black jersey. Also, should have some red and yellow on it too. I imagine it like the Sens' gloves, only the manufacturers' wordmark is colored yellow instead of white. 

Other than that, I like what I'm seeing

My favorite for the Avs is the Pride set. Really nice. 

Ducks is a good call back to their rebrand, though I kind of like how they’ve moved to include more orange. 

on the Pride jersey I feel the gold stripe is completely lost in the orange. I know you’re emulating the original striping pattern but I don’t feel it works. I think you’d need to swap the gold and white stripes, and make the orange between them black. 

11 minutes ago, B-mer said:

on the Pride jersey I feel the gold stripe is completely lost in the orange. I know you’re emulating the original striping pattern but I don’t feel it works. I think you’d need to swap the gold and white stripes, and make the orange between them black. 

I'd second this. There's plenty of different solutions on how to redo it, so I won't suggest one, but gold and orange don't look good touching each other; I think the logo gets it right by having them separated from each other by black and white.

I'm loving following this series. It's a bit late in the game for me to go back and comment on every set so far, but just the idea alone of home/away/pride/honor is a great framework, and the designs themselves and the presentation are beautiful and really creative.

On to the Stars...

dOsLKkU.png

TeIwPS6.png

IUtP054.png

6VrBWGN.png

Primaries are based on the Stars' wonderful Winter Classic threads, albeit with some slight alterations. Pride uniform is meant to highlight the green and black color scheme of Dallas' city lights and skyline, and the Honor set pays homage to the 1999 Cup winning team. One team to go!

2LYbxnm.png

I think the Stars primaries are too simple for a team that's never, historically, used a two-colour scheme.  They're essentially a green version of the Red Wings, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing in a vacuum, they just don't look anything like the team that lifted the cup.  You could say the same thing about the current jerseys but they have some aesthetic through-lines, like the italicized star and use of black.  They're far from bad looking, I just prefer what the team uses now.

That being said, I think you nailed the two alternates.  I particularly like the idea of having striping based off the Dallas skyline.  Removing the beveling on the Texas logo is also a significant addition via subtraction.  Seeing the cup winning jersey in Adidas form is nice too.  Flawed or not, it deserves to be in the Stars lineup.

I somewhat agree. Love them, Reminds me of my high school’s old unis a little, but not sure If it’s a fit as a full time jersey for them. Also I kind of like how you had the sleeves in your prediction version of this with the stripe at the cuff. 

On 4/1/2020 at 2:55 PM, OhioSportsMan61 said:

On to the Jets...

JR8dcXx.png

apPGNjD.png

p2NxzO3.png

8slnzKM.png

While I do like Winnipeg's current look, it's a bit disjointed (hem/arm striping mismatched). I aimed to fix that issue with their two primaries. Pride jersey brings back to life the "Winnipeg White Out" and the Honor jersey is a more accurate version of their current heritage jerseys.

I’ve always thought the Jets’ current uniform would be better if they flip-flopped the shades of blue. Love both alts here, though. 

Last, but certainly not least...on to Vegas!

kQoL7cX.png

UlnoQI2.png

VaXL9CC.png

I7tqP7v.png

Boy...Vegas was really hard to come up with a fresh set for. I adore their look and would consider their jerseys to be top-3 in the league. I wanted to keep some sense of familiarity for them, but also freshen them up to feature more GOLD (on the home, at least). I dropped the slate gray entirely from the main set, which features more boldness in the contrast from the metallic gold to deep black. Pride uniform was inspired by the idea of "Vegas Golden Nights", with the bright lights of the strip and neon red highlights. The Honor uniform is a fauxback since Vegas has no NHL history outside of the current club, so I tried tying the slate gray back into this set while giving it an old-time hockey feel.

Thanks for following along, this was a fun yet intensive series to complete!

2LYbxnm.png

Archived