Texas Rangers Go Powder Blue, Unveil Five New Uniforms

SportsLogos.Net News

1 hour ago, Bmac said:

EK921lRWwAE06Tu?format=jpg&name=large

Looking at the white jersey, all I can notice is how sharp the point of the tail on the script is. The outlines really emphasize it.

One has two outlines, including a background outline, and the other has an outline and a dropshadow. 

What a :censored:ing mess. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The double outline reminds me of this

spacer.png

It's like a AAA team that is trying too hard to be retro

Sad stuff the rangers are putting out. 

I agree with others. A blue word mark needs a blue cap and vice versa. They could've had the Nolan Ryan era script done in red and blue and called it good. 

spacer.png

A suggestion... if they wanna be both a red and blue team then how about the Nolan Ryan blue script jersey with the blue caps as the primary homes and then the 1994 Pudge Rodriguez red block letters and red caps as like a home alternate? I know it's two home white uniforms but this way they are either a blue team or a red team each day but not both. I don't like when they mix and match the caps and jerseys. They can do like the alternates where they have a blue set and a red set but not mixing and matching of both. This way there is a clear blue set and a clear red set and not the interchangeable parts situation and they still please most people who want a little of both...

Home primary:

Image result for nolan ryan rangers

Home alternates, maybe Sundays or day games only?:

Image result for 1994 texas rangers

And I don't think they need powder but if they insist on it then just modernize these including the two tone cap and that would be great:

Image result for 1970 texas rangers

Since having colored alternates is normal now they can keep the red and blue tops in this rotation as well.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:36 AM, McGlinchey23 said:

I dont see the Rangers being a tipping point for the powder blue revival. If the Giants start doing out then ok we jumped the shark, but I dont see it as an issue yet

Exactly, I don’t see many — if any — teams that didn’t have a blue road jerseys jump into one. It’s still very much a throwback fauxback.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The Detroit Tigers have double outlines on their road jerseys and everyone thinks their the best thing since french bread! Let's not have a double standard, don't criticize one team that has double outline, and rave about another!

45 minutes ago, Tygers09 said:

The Detroit Tigers have double outlines on their road jerseys and everyone thinks their the best thing since french bread! Let's not have a double standard, don't criticize one team that has double outline, and rave about another!

It’s apples and oranges. Not only is the opinion on the Tigers double-outlines mixed at best (I don’t mind it, fwiw), they have a completely different color scheme and apply the double outline in a different way, going lighter with each outline. It’s all about the situation/individual design. To me, the double-outline doesn’t work on the home for the Rangers in this case.

To add on to the point that it is always a case-by-case basis, I think the double-outline actually looks good on the “Texas” road and the now-former home. It’s just with that already busy home script, I think it muddles things up too much.

On 12/4/2019 at 5:54 PM, Gothamite said:

One has two outlines, including a background outline, and the other has an outline and a dropshadow. 

What a :censored:ing mess. 

I really want to understand the multiple outline phenomenon. Someone must think it actually enhances since they continue to use them.

What I think when I see them...

1. Start with a decent design that may need a bit of a facelift

2. Someone thinks a facelift = outline

3. Someone else goes one better and thinks a facelift would look even better with 2 outlines

4. Boss says "now that really pops! Add a drop shadow and I think we really have something."

Bottom line, a well done mark doesn't need multiple outlines. Make a better mark. 

On 12/5/2019 at 9:34 AM, SilverBullet1929 said:

Home alternates, maybe Sundays or day games only?:

Image result for 1994 texas rangers

What’s the context of this photo? Yu started out wearing this for the Rangers? Was it a throwback? spacer.png

Excellent!

3 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

There's a good number of people, myself included, that want the Tigers to drop the white outline.

The Detroit Tigers have double outlines on their road jerseys and everyone thinks their the best thing since french bread! 

what are you basing this claim on?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Detroit Tigers have double outlines on their road jerseys and everyone thinks their the best thing since french bread!

Hell yes.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived