Texas Rangers Go Powder Blue, Unveil Five New Uniforms

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Tygers09 said:

The Detroit Tigers have double outlines on their road jerseys and everyone thinks their the best thing since french bread! Let's not have a double standard, don't criticize one team that has double outline, and rave about another!

Most of the love for the Tigers' uniforms comes from their home set. I've never seen anyone claim the road set is anything special.

It's just another stupid generalization of "the board".  There seems to be an awful lot of that going around lately.  

I happen to dislike the white outline on the Tigers (as well as the Yankees and Phillies) roads.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I quite like the new Rangers script, I mean the set isn’t revolutionary and if they had made some other more level headed changes and not gone for the pbfpbs, I would’ve said this is a good update. 

I still stand by my point that blowing it up was the smartest idea they could’ve done, this set is old and worn out.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

12 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Most of the love for the Tigers' uniforms comes from their home set. I've never seen anyone claim the road set is anything special.

I think it common to see someone post something on here or on YouTube, when they're talking who has the best uniforms on in the Majors and the Tigers are brought up, that a picture of the road uniforms is posted or displayed when they're reallly talking about the home uniforms.

The top one is such a great homage to the 80s/90s look. It's what they should have done.

Rangers should have gone with single outlines on their proprietary number and NOB font, as well as the hat logo. Lose the drop-shadow. Essentially this, but the with the spikes in the numbers.

Rare-2008-Josh-Hamilton-Game-Used-Worn-T

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I normally don't advocate such inconsistencies but I could get on board with the Rangers doing blue outlined in red at home, and then some kind of double-outlined (red outside and white middle, or vice versa, take your pick) blue on the road. I'd be in favor of blue-white-red across the board, but it doesn't lend itself to a tailed script. It'd have to be individual lettering.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 12/4/2019 at 8:25 PM, MJD7 said:

Cons:

• As of right now, I’m not at all big on the new script on the home & baby blue uniforms. It might grow on me, but as of right now it does not look like it belongs on a Major League uniform to me. I’d have much preferred that they went back to the late 80’s, early 90’s script.
  •  
  • The Rangers still can’t pick whether they’re a red team or a blue team. While I like the addition of the red cap with the blue brim for the alternate, that should have meant the end for the all-red cap. It’s also a shame the blue cap with the red brim isn’t a part of the team’s primary rotation, that could be theirs to own. They can still have equal amounts of red & blue, but just don’t separate them among the different uniforms.

I also dislike the script.  It looks too generic and beer-labelish*, as if they said, "The Brewers are ditching their overdone, swoopy Cheers-ish script, so we can finally own that category.  Let's roll!" 

* -- In particular, the R on the script reminds me of this.

spacer.png

The second point is also spot on.  The Rangers need to pick one color as their focus or rework the balance.  I think they look terrible when they wear red caps and accessories with jerseys with a blue wordmark, for example.

111027032315-texas-rangers-celebrate-02-

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

On 12/7/2019 at 11:27 AM, McCall said:

I just did a quick autotrace in AI, so it's not perfect by any means (nor did I spend anytime to fix the overly pointed aspects). But these still would've been better than what they ended up with from a an outlining standpoint.

spacer.png

I would be really interested to see what the bottom one would look like with the colors flipped (Red letters with blue drop shadow)

On 12/9/2019 at 10:49 AM, leopard88 said:

I also dislike the script.  It looks too generic and beer-labelish*, as if they said, "The Brewers are ditching their overdone, swoopy Cheers-ish script, so we can finally own that category.  Let's roll!" 

* -- In particular, the R on the script reminds me of this.

spacer.png

Well that only seems fair that they ripped off the Mariners (AAA team is the Rainiers as well) since the Mariners ripped off the Rangers logo for their stadium :)

TexasRangersMariners.jpg

I noticed over the weekend that the Rangers put up a social media post comparing each jersey to the historical jersey that inspired each one and it was both nice to see, because at least it makes the connection for those who didn't know about the connections, but it was also frustrating because it also shows the large disconnect between the new ones and their inspirations.

For example. "The home white is inspired by the 80's script" and then they show both and then you more clearly notice how different the two wordmarks are and what a downgrade the new ones are.

Here it is...

ELn1fDUWkAIkBaB.jpg:large

54 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

I noticed over the weekend that the Rangers put up a social media post comparing each jersey to the historical jersey that inspired each one and it was both nice to see, because at least it makes the connection for those who didn't know about the connections, but it was also frustrating because it also shows the large disconnect between the new ones and their inspirations.

For example. "The home white is inspired by the 80's script" and then they show both and then you more clearly notice how different the two wordmarks are and what a downgrade the new ones are.

Here it is...

ELn1fDUWkAIkBaB.jpg:large

This is interesting. And you're right, you can see where they were going with all of this.

The powder blues are the biggest miss of all in this. By the logic they're employing here, they should have used the all-caps TEXAS font on the powder blues, and employed the Rangers script on the red jerseys. The script jerseys could also benefit from numbers on the front -- both to match the jerseys that inspired them, and to also create some uniformity in the collection (script jerseys with #s on the front, TEXAS jerseys without.) 

Also, the TX ligature mark should be limited to a Spring Training/BP pullover. 

Archived