A Football League Of Their Own

Tygers09

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Generic1 said:

New football league.

International Football League: https://intfl.com/#

I can become a "member" for $25 and "win ownership" of the league?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

14 hours ago, Generic1 said:

New football league.

I am sure that this press release was written by CEO, Randy R. Wallace, Jr,  The only person listed on the Front Office page.

Gotta love this quote from "Marcos S., from Mexico City":

“I am a devoted fan of American football and so glad, thanks to the International Football League, I will have a Mexico-based team I can support. This is beyond exciting and I can’t wait to join as a member. I can’t wait for the first season to begin!”

Was it translated or originally posted in English?

15 hours ago, Generic1 said:

New football league.

Why do I have the suspicion that this is a case of 18 fraternity brothers trying to get a jump on launching their 2020 fantasy football league by duping alternative football fans and sports branding enthusiasts into not only providing names and logos for the IFL teams, but also ponying-up the dough for the championship payout and a trophy?

42 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Why do I have the suspicion that this is a case of 18 fraternity brothers trying to get a jump on launching their 2020 fantasy football league by duping alternative football fans and sports branding enthusiasts into not only providing names and logos for the IFL teams, but also ponying-up the dough for the championship payout and a trophy?

Their Facebook and Twitter pages have been around since 2017.

This is a less elaborate NAFL (2014-15), when Christopher White + wife set up multiple websites, took money for tryouts which were never held in 2015 and White was subsequently arrested in 2017.

The NAFL Facebook team pages for the Memphis Kings, Birmingham Freedom, Columbus Flight, and North Carolina Red Wolves are still up if you want to recall their logos. 

They plan on having teams in Los Angeles, Sacramento (but for some reason they say that Sacramento is in Texas), Spokane and Honolulu, but also in New York, London and Frankfurt.  How is that going to work travel wise?  They also plan to have two teams in Canada.

1 hour ago, dfwabel said:

The NAFL Facebook team pages for the Memphis Kings, Birmingham Freedom, Columbus Flight, and North Carolina Red Wolves are still up if you want to recall their logos.

As are the Facebook team pages for the Connecticut ColonialsKentucky ThoroughbredsOklahoma City SlingersOrlando SentinelsSt. Louis Scouts, and Virginia Crusaders.

On 12/8/2019 at 12:20 PM, Tygers09 said:

That's another question, most of these cities have colleges that have stadiums, and would those colleges allow their stadiums to be used?

I know it's the CFL up here in Canada, but the Calgary Stampeders & University of Calgary Dinosaurs share a stadium--and in fact the stadium is technically owned but he University.

But each city & college could be (& probably would be a different scenario)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

On 12/18/2019 at 10:07 AM, Sec19Row53 said:

If another sports team made its way here, this money is already accounted for and can't get spent elsewhere. It's why I saw 2 Brewer games last year - funds only go so far and I chose to spend money elsewhere.

This is the unspoken secret of sports - we like to think that our city’s teams are all partners, competing to bring our city its due glory.  But in reality, they are bitter competitors, fighting tooth and nail for the finite number of hearts, minds, and wallets. 

I’m not sure what it is you’re asking. You list 25 cities and ask why they are being overlooked. Overlooked how? 

10 of the cities you listed had either AAF, AFL or will have an XFL team, so they don’t “keep getting overlooked”

Also, just because a city has 600,000 people in it doesnt make it fit, there are a lot of other factors

I semi-randomly clicked on the Kings, Crusaders and Sentinels links.  All three use orange prominently in their color scheme.  Interesting.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 8:43 PM, McGlinchey23 said:

I’m not sure what it is you’re asking. You list 25 cities and ask why they are being overlooked. Overlooked how? 

10 of the cities you listed had either AAF, AFL or will have an XFL team, so they don’t “keep getting overlooked”

Also, just because a city has 600,000 people in it doesnt make it fit, there are a lot of other factors

A lot of those cities are not overlooked, at least in the eyes of the NBA, MLB or NHL. Quite a few on that list have teams from one, two or all three of those leagues.

Anybody can make a website and pick cities.  Getting the product ON THE FIELD is a whole other story and requires more money and work than most people realize.  As usual, I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't even see the FCFL taking off in six months, they don't even have an 8th owner yet. They say AFTER THAT comes the team names, logos, etc.  I'm not giving up on them, but it doesn't look good.  At least most of their product is digital, so it won't be as hard to get together.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

On 12/28/2019 at 10:34 AM, Gothamite said:

This is the unspoken secret of sports - we like to think that our city’s teams are all partners, competing to bring our city its due glory.  But in reality, they are bitter competitors, fighting tooth and nail for the finite number of hearts, minds, and wallets. 

Unless they have the same owner (see Gayle/Tom Benson, Wayne Huizenga,etc.).

It is what it is.

20 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Anybody can make a website and pick cities.  Getting the product ON THE FIELD is a whole other story and requires more money and work than most people realize.  As usual, I'll believe it when I see it.

I don't even see the FCFL taking off in six months, they don't even have an 8th owner yet. They say AFTER THAT comes the team names, logos, etc.  I'm not giving up on them, but it doesn't look good.  At least most of their product is digital, so it won't be as hard to get together.

According to their site, one of the FCFL owners is current Seahawks RB Marshawn Lynch.

On 12/19/2019 at 2:51 PM, leopard88 said:

I can become a "member" for $25 and "win ownership" of the league?

I don't know about the IFL. They think Sacramento is in Texas. I honestly think it a scam. Also does Fargo, North Dakota count as a Eastern Conference team? 

Short answer, no. Long Answer, H*** no.

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

8 hours ago, Matthew24 said:

Also does Fargo, North Dakota count as a Eastern Conference team? 

Don't be so harsh.  Geography is just an arbitrary construct.

Think . . . 

Baltimore Colts in the NFL Western Conference in the 50s and 60s.

Dallas Cowboys in the NFC East since 1970.

Atlanta Falcons and New Orleans Saints in the NFC West from 1970-2001.
Carolina Panthers in the NFC West from 1995-2001.

Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals in the NFC East from 1987-2001.

Cincinnati Reds and Atlanta Braves in the NL West from 1969-1993.

Baseball and football led me to believe Atlanta was in Wyoming during my formative years.

😛

13 hours ago, leopard88 said:

Think . . . 

Baseball and football led me to believe Atlanta was in Wyoming during my formative years.

😛

Well that's true. 

When it comes to sports, Geography just goes out the window.

My Alternative History Sports Stories:

CFL-USA - A Different Telling/StL Americans TL

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2020 at 6:29 AM, leopard88 said:

Think . . . 

😛

When the NHL expanded in 1967 they kept the "Original Six" teams in one division (East) and the expansion teams in the other (West)

So Philadelphia & Pittsburgh were in the West Division along with California/Oakland, LA,St Louis & Minnesota 

then in 1970 when they added Vancouver & Buffalo both of them were placed in the East Division (Yes Vancouver--on the West Coast was in the East Division, even stranger than Dallas being in the East Division) and Chicago was placed in the West Division with the 1967 Expansion teams.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived