NHL Refresh (Series Completed)

ldconcepts

• ldconcepts changed the title to NHL Refresh (24/32)
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ldconcepts changed the title to NHL Refresh (25/32)
Guest darkpiranha

I'm not seeing hockey sticks on the Red Wings  I'm actually seeing three extruded bars.  Since you suggested it, though, I thing it might be interesting to see what it looks like leaning more into the hockey stick visuals.  Have them only come out of the left side of the D and angle down and be more distinctly separated, almost like each stick is spooning the one below it.  The angle of the D suggests motion, and having the wings come out of both sides feels a bit odd to me.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 3:49 PM, ldconcepts said:

4c108385823969.5df3bfddaf079.png

The Bruins go back to brown with a new crest featuring a bruin and their classic B. Besides the colour change, the uniforms stay mostly the same with an extra emphasis on yellow.

C&C appreciated!

While I like the new ideas you have here overall, this one looks like the Bear is in some "B" shaped stocks, maybe for stealing some fish?

I'm not sure what I'd change on it though that could change that-other than getting rid of the B, or having the whole bear in front of it

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 weeks later...
  • ldconcepts changed the title to NHL Refresh (26/32)
Guest darkpiranha

Nice!  The A gets lost in the foot just a bit.  Not enough contrast between those shads of purple and teal.  Maybe try a White A?  Or some sort of outlining similar to what you're doing on the numbers?

4d35c485823969.5e5fe8d89eb22.png

The Sabres' new logo is inspired by the script they used during their 40th anniversary season, replacing the lines with sabres and the text with a refined buffalo. Instead of being contained in a circle, the buffalo is now jumping out of a shield similar to the one used in their 50th anniversary logo.

C&C appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

• ldconcepts changed the title to NHL Refresh (27/32)
Guest darkpiranha

Sabres look great except the swords seem off.  They aren't positioned in any way that swords usually are. The one on the bottom is the one that feels the most awkward and droopy.  Seems like the swords have a natural curve that matches the sides of the shield.  What if you had crossed sabres that form the sides of the shield with everything else remaining the same?  

On 3/3/2020 at 1:46 AM, ldconcepts said:

23bbe485823969.5e5d4568444ec.png

The Ducks return to their classic Mighty color scheme. The crest tweaks the concept of their current primary logo, forming the city's initial in the negative space of a duck foot.

C&C appreciated!

Link is broken

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.

• ldconcepts changed the title to NHL Refresh (29/32)
27 minutes ago, TheLAKnight said:

Was your Jets logo inspired by some of the unused Wild concept logos or is it just a happy accident? It looks great regardless!

spacer.png

Happy accident! Started off with the jet and the circle, and played with it until I was happy with it.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Archived