Viperion101

British Gridiron League (Liverpool added 2/10)

10 hours ago, Viperion101 said:

Manchester Industry

North Division

Stadium: Etihad Stadium

Jersey Sponsor: Siemens

Presenting the Manchester Industry, a.k.a. the Discount Pittsburgh Steelers (just kidding, that wasn't my intent). The name comes from the city's industrial past (in fact, Manchester is known as the "first industrial city"). The color scheme comes from worker bees and bees in general being a symbol of the city. 

Main Logo: 

spacer.png

Banner Logo: 

spacer.png

Wordmark (would not include the "est. 2020" and "Gridiron Football Club" on it)

spacer.png

Uniforms:

spacer.png

C&C welcome and appreciated!

All I can think about when seeing the logo is the opportunity for the team being named Manchester Machine. I like the jerseys a lot, but I am not one to know much about norms for football style. 

For Manchester, there's a lot of tension where the corners of the M meet the inner edges of the cog. Make the M either bigger or smaller.

Every league needs an Oregon Ducks...

You wouldn’t be able to tell the home and away unis apart for Manchester, I’d ditch the stripe on all the uniforms and go with full white and yellow jerseys. I’d fix the helmet logo too so it’s centered on the helmet and not awkwardly stuffed into the back.

50 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

You wouldn’t be able to tell the home and away unis apart for Manchester, I’d ditch the stripe on all the uniforms and go with full white and yellow jerseys. I’d fix the helmet logo too so it’s centered on the helmet and not awkwardly stuffed into the back.

Yeah I kind of agree with you about the away jerseys, that it's hard to tell them apart. I still think the stripe would be part of the team's overall identity, so I think it'd be a good idea to keep it. 

Updated Away Uniform

Changed the away uniforms for Manchester a little bit, makes it easier to tell them apart from the home uniforms. Also moved the logo closer to the center of the helmet. 

spacer.png

Southampton Spitfires (s/o to Brian in Boston for the name suggestion- I looked into it a bit more and I think that it would go well)

South Division

Stadium: St. Mary's Stadium

Jersey Sponsor: British Airways

Main Logo (on background):

spacer.png

Banner Logo: 

spacer.png

Uniforms:

spacer.png

C&C Welcome and appreciated. 

The linework on the Spitire plane is too detailed and delicate for a logo, on the tail, the windows, and whatever the silver things near the front are (sorry, I don't speak plane). Also, the propeller seems to be at a wonky angle relative to the body of the plane.

Cardiff Dragons

South Division

Stadium: Principality Stadium

Jersey Sponsor: Iceland Supermarkets

The next team, the Cardiff Dragons. The name draws from the association of the red dragon with Wales. 

Main Logo: 

spacer.png

Banner Logo:

spacer.png

Wordmark: 

spacer.png

Uniforms:

spacer.png

C&C Welcome and Appreciated!

The dragon is backwards on the helmets.

Is that a tail or a tongue coming out from behind the mouth? If a tail, then where is it coming from since there’s no body. If a tongue, then it should come from inside the mouth and the line should be removed that separates it from the back of the mouth. I do agree that it doesn’t look that mean.

On 1/2/2020 at 10:37 PM, JG36 said:

Is that a tail or a tongue coming out from behind the mouth? If a tail, then where is it coming from since there’s no body. If a tongue, then it should come from inside the mouth and the line should be removed that separates it from the back of the mouth. I do agree that it doesn’t look that mean.

It's a tongue, the reason I put it where I did was because I used the traditional Welsh Dragon as a reference, which features the tongue in the place that it is in the logo. 

Glasgow Griffons

North Division

Stadium: Ibrox Stadium

Jersey Sponsor: Lipton Tea

The first Scottish team in the league, the Glasgow Griffons. Went with a more simple logo on this one. 

Main Logo

spacer.png

Uniforms

spacer.png

Banner Logo

spacer.png

Wordmark

spacer.png