Liverpool Steamers

North Division

Stadium: Anfield Road 

Jersey Sponsor: Cunard Line

The next team, the Liverpool Steamers. The team's name comes from Liverpool's history as a major port and ship-building center. Many famous ships, such as the Olympic and the Titanic. The ships were named "RMS", or Royal Mail Steamer, hence the name "Steamers". 

Main Logo

spacer.png

Uniforms:

spacer.png

Banner Logo

spacer.png

Wordmark

spacer.png

C&C Welcome and appreciated. 

spacer.png

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the issue with this logo is that it has a lot of detail up top and then a lot of empty space on the ship. I'd simplify up top and think about general shapes. Also, the water at the bottom looks weird.

If you don't understand what I mean, look at the NFL's logos. Almost all of them are balanced in terms of detail (Falcons, Broncos, Vikings being great examples), and those that aren't as balanced are unbalanced in such a way to drive the attention in a certain direction intentionally (Panthers, Rams, Eagles)

tinysig.jpg

Edinburgh Name Change, and 2 Expansion Teams

I have decided to change the name of the Edinburgh team to the Kelpies, after the horse-like shape-shifting figure from Scottish mythology. I think that it has a more genuine, Scottish theme to it, rather than the generic "Highlanders". 

Additionally, I have added 2 additional teams to the league (just names for now, concepts coming shortly):

Newcastle Vibe (Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, England)- Named after the city's vibrant nightlife, as well as its contributions to British rock music. 

Belfast Emeralds (Belfast, Northern Ireland)- Ireland is known as the "Emerald Isle". Somewhat generic, however, that is probably the best way to avoid creating any controversy. 

spacer.png

Really love this concept and excited to see where it goes! Looking forward to Birmingham – closest to my home town (can I ask why the Cannons?)

I'm a bit late to the party (new to the forums, hi!) but I think the concepts are really solid but in need a bit of something more. I think you could go very minimal (Colts, Cowboys or Hawks and Nets in the NBA) or add more detail and shading (Jaguars, Eagles, Dolphins). I feel like they're somewhat floating in between at the moment.

First of all, this is a great idea and I would watch this league.

Secondly, the NFL would support this league and I'd bet, air games on the NFL Network.

There are some great name schemes you've chosen. Hard to choose my favorite.

For the knights, I'd 💯 rather see the logo on the helmets.

The Steamers logo gets lost in the black. I love this logo, the helmet needs to promote it. White or grey helmet?

I like the industry name better than machine, as well.

The color schemes of some teams seem too close to one another... Would it make sense for the knights to have Navy blue instead of black? And the Spitfire/Dragons are too close in scheme it seems. I feel the Spitfire camo merits some play. 

Again,  awesome work. What a great idea.

• 2 weeks later...

Birmingham Cannons

South Division

Stadium: Villa Park

Jersey Sponsor: Barclays

The next team, the Birmingham Cannons. The name comes from Birmingham's history as a gun manufacturing center. I went for more of a "classic look" with this concept. 

Main Logo

spacer.png

Uniforms

spacer.png

Banner

spacer.png

Wordmark

spacer.png

C&C Welcome and Appreciated. 

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Edinburgh Kelpies

North Division

Stadium: Murrayfield Stadium

Jersey Sponsor: Royal Bank of Scotland

The second Scottish team, the Edinburgh Kelpies. A Kelpie is a horse-like water spirit that inhabits Scottish lochs. There is also a very famous statue of Kelpies in Scotland. 

Main Logo

spacer.png

Uniforms

spacer.png

Banner

spacer.png

Wordmark

spacer.png

spacer.png

Bristol Marauders

South Division

Stadium: Ashton Gate Stadium

Jersey Sponsor: Virgin Atlantic

The next team and the last original South Division team (Belfast was conceptualized later), the Bristol Marauders. The name comes from the fact that the pirate Blackbeard was from Bristol, and the city generally had a long history connected to pirates ("Marauder" is another word for pirate). No, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers had no influence in this. 

Main Logo

spacer.png

Uniforms

spacer.png

Banner

spacer.png

Wordmark

spacer.png

spacer.png

Leeds Owls

North Division

Stadium: Elland Road

Jersey Sponsor: Heineken Beer

The last OG team (before the addition of Newcastle and Belfast), the Leeds Owls. The name comes from the fact that the owl is somewhat of a symbol of Leeds, and there are golden owl statues that look something like the main logo. 

Main Logo

spacer.png

Uniforms

spacer.png

Banner Logo

spacer.png

Wordmark

spacer.png

C&C Welcome and Appreciated

spacer.png

Newcastle Vibe

North Division

Stadium: St. James' Park

Jersey Sponsor: British Petroleum (BP)

The first expansion team, the Newcastle Vibe. As mentioned in an earlier post, the team takes its name from the city of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne's close ties with British music of all types (many famous British artists are from there). The main logo is supposed to look like a record with sound waves across it. The team would probably be most well-known for its vibrant colors. 

Main Logo

spacer.png

Uniforms

spacer.png

Banner

spacer.png

Wordmark

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, sportsfan7 said:

Not sure how you could avoid it, but all the logos look like they are for a nightclub

I think the problem is in the outline. The same thickness everywhere always black or white. This gives me the feel of a neon logo, which instantly reminds me of logos from the '80s. I discovered on my own skin that by choosig a color palette with very dark colors others than black you get a more modern feeling logo. For example, for the owls you could just use gold and blue and make everything that now is black or white blue, you would get an amazing logo, 'cause you designs are very good.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

11 hours ago, Pulv! said:

I think the problem is in the outline. The same thickness everywhere always black or white. This gives me the feel of a neon logo, which instantly reminds me of logos from the '80s. I discovered on my own skin that by choosig a color palette with very dark colors others than black you get a more modern feeling logo. For example, for the owls you could just use gold and blue and make everything that now is black or white blue, you would get an amazing logo, 'cause you designs are very good.

Interesting take, and thanks. I’m going to try that. 

spacer.png

New Newcastle Vibe Logo

Decided to make the outline a dark gray instead of black, and also made the "grooves" on the record darker. 

spacer.png

Also changed the Away uniform. I like the purple on the alternate jersey, I just felt it didn't work as the number color on the away jerseys, so I changed it back to black. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Archived