Baseball League

drewbothwell

So with finals coming up and a marketing project being used as a final instead of a test (thank goodness), I created some uniforms for the project. The project is to create a sports team and market everything for it. Creating uniforms is a part of the project, so before I turn the uniforms in, I thought I could get some feedback from the community! The team will be based out of Portland, Oregon (very good market for baseball) and will be called the Stags. Colors (red, black, and cream) give the team a throwback feel while still maintaining a modern, Nike feel IMO. The team name coming from the sign pictured below. With no more to say, here is what I have so far!

spacer.png

Home

spacer.png

Roadspacer.png

Alternate Home

spacer.png

Alternate Road

spacer.png

City

spacer.png

Throwback

spacer.png

You are off to a very polished and professional-looking start, @drewbothwell.  With that said, here is what I would do with each of these uniforms.

Primary Home Uniform

1. I would replace the stag on the cap with the stylized P that is on the batting helmet.
  2. I would add a red stag to the jersey's left sleeve.
  3. I would have both the jersey and the pants be white instead of cream.

Primary Road Uniform

I would keep it as is.

Alternate Home Uniform

1. I would replace the stylized P on the batting helmet with the stag that is on the cap.
  2. I would remove the rose from the jersey's left sleeve, if only because a red rose is tough to notice on a red jersey.

Alternate Road Uniform

I would keep it as is.

City Uniform

1. I would make this uni, not the primary home one, have both a cream jersey and a cream pair of pants.
  2. I would have both the cap and the batting helmet be cream so that the rose on each of those uniform pieces could be more visible.

Throwback Uniform

1. For a more believable throwback style, first of all, I would develop separate home and road throwback uniforms.
  2. The home throwback ensemble would have a white jersey, white pants, a white stag on both the cap and the batting helmet, and "Stags" instead of "Portland" on the front of the jersey.
  3. The road throwback set would have a gray jersey with "Portland" on the front and gray pants, but still with a white stag on both the cap and the batting helmet.

Off to a great start here! 

I'm a big fan of what you've done so far, but I also have a few suggestions..

- I really like the use of cream as a base, which sort of acts as white, but still adds some color to the identity.. so I actually wouldn't change that, but felt it was worth mentioning.

- I like the crimson-ish red and cream with a dark secondary color, but I'm thinking a very dark green could possibly replace black as the dark secondary color, while tying into the "Rose City" theme and overall woodsy/outdoorsy feel of Portland.. if you're set on keeping the black as the secondary, I'd suggest maybe utilizing the green from your City/Throwback uniforms as a tertiary color to use sparingly, but effectively.

- for your stylized "P" and "S", I'd suggest trying to adjust your treatment of those, primarily the size and color of the "notched" cream portions.. on the "P", the cream accent begins to blend with the cream jersey a bit too much.. I think using the secondary (or perhaps tertiary) color with just a hint of cream there (if any) might translate better - particularly to the jerseys.. (edit: I think the "P" from your PDX jersey might be a stronger standalone letter and potentially make for a more fitting stylized "P")..

- I agree with @Walk-Off that the throwback should say "Stags" instead of "Portland"

All-in-all, great start! You chose a fantastic identity in my opinion, that isn't thrown out too often with Portland concepts.. nice work

On 12/10/2019 at 8:58 AM, WavePunter said:

Off to a great start here! 

I'm a big fan of what you've done so far, but I also have a few suggestions..

- I really like the use of cream as a base, which sort of acts as white, but still adds some color to the identity.. so I actually wouldn't change that, but felt it was worth mentioning.

- I like the crimson-ish red and cream with a dark secondary color, but I'm thinking a very dark green could possibly replace black as the dark secondary color, while tying into the "Rose City" theme and overall woodsy/outdoorsy feel of Portland.. if you're set on keeping the black as the secondary, I'd suggest maybe utilizing the green from your City/Throwback uniforms as a tertiary color to use sparingly, but effectively.

- for your stylized "P" and "S", I'd suggest trying to adjust your treatment of those, primarily the size and color of the "notched" cream portions.. on the "P", the cream accent begins to blend with the cream jersey a bit too much.. I think using the secondary (or perhaps tertiary) color with just a hint of cream there (if any) might translate better - particularly to the jerseys.. (edit: I think the "P" from your PDX jersey might be a stronger standalone letter and potentially make for a more fitting stylized "P")..

- I agree with @Walk-Off that the throwback should say "Stags" instead of "Portland"

All-in-all, great start! You chose a fantastic identity in my opinion, that isn't thrown out too often with Portland concepts.. nice work

On 12/9/2019 at 9:19 PM, Walk-Off said:

You are off to a very polished and professional-looking start, @drewbothwell.  With that said, here is what I would do with each of these uniforms.

Primary Home Uniform

1. I would replace the stag on the cap with the stylized P that is on the batting helmet.
  2. I would add a red stag to the jersey's left sleeve.
  3. I would have both the jersey and the pants be white instead of cream.

Primary Road Uniform

I would keep it as is.

Alternate Home Uniform

1. I would replace the stylized P on the batting helmet with the stag that is on the cap.
  2. I would remove the rose from the jersey's left sleeve, if only because a red rose is tough to notice on a red jersey.

Alternate Road Uniform

I would keep it as is.

City Uniform

1. I would make this uni, not the primary home one, have both a cream jersey and a cream pair of pants.
  2. I would have both the cap and the batting helmet be cream so that the rose on each of those uniform pieces could be more visible.

Throwback Uniform

1. For a more believable throwback style, first of all, I would develop separate home and road throwback uniforms.
  2. The home throwback ensemble would have a white jersey, white pants, a white stag on both the cap and the batting helmet, and "Stags" instead of "Portland" on the front of the jersey.
  3. The road throwback set would have a gray jersey with "Portland" on the front and gray pants, but still with a white stag on both the cap and the batting helmet.

Thank you guys for the kind words and feedback! I updated the home, away, home alternate, road alternate, and throwback to start with. I thickened the stripe on the main uniforms to add a more modern touch and also revamped the stylized letters. Logos stay the same except with the "p" which is in the new font. Took away black and added a very dark green.  Thought about it on the first round, but @WavePunter convinced me to make it for this round. Number font stays the same, but without the points. Now that I look at it more the throwback looks like something Michigan State would wear, but I kinda like it haha. Here is the next round!

spacer.png

Road

spacer.png

Home Alternate

spacer.png

Road Alternate

spacer.png

Throwback

spacer.png

2 hours ago, drewbothwell said:

Thank you guys for the kind words and feedback! I updated the home, away, home alternate, road alternate, and throwback to start with. I thickened the stripe on the main uniforms to add a more modern touch and also revamped the stylized letters. Logos stay the same except with the "p" which is in the new font. Took away black and added a very dark green.  Thought about it on the first round, but @WavePunter convinced me to make it for this round. Number font stays the same, but without the points. Now that I look at it more the throwback looks like something Michigan State would wear, but I kinda like it haha. Here is the next round!

spacer.png

Road

spacer.png

Home Alternate

spacer.png

Road Alternate

spacer.png

Throwback

spacer.png

I think I might prefer the original striping, but otherwise, I think you nailed it this time! Great work.. can't wait to see what's next 

Finishing off the Stags with the city, Spring Training, and because 'tis the season a couple Christmas uniforms. I always enjoyed the NBA Christmas uniforms so here is my baseball version for "Christmas in July!"

City

spacer.png

Spring Training 

spacer.png

Home Christmas

spacer.png

Road Christmas

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

So far so good. Are these supposed to be MLB teams? 

Not necessarily, the team that I posted the teaser for has a team in the same city, so I was thinking it was more of my own league, but I don't really have a name for it yet.

The colors and unis are nice and all, but something about the logo seems a little....... off. Maybe a full body would do better?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Archived