Minnesota Vikings Concept

AAO

.......all you guys know this but it might be worth mentioning in case some don't.....color palettes on twill work (cresting) can vary greatly but when dealing with uniform design it is important to find out the color pallette of the manufacture as they usually have set pantones ©...(of course this depends on the team level i.e. major pros vs minor pros)

....where do you and ez-street get the time?

huh? i had nothing to do with color palettes. i chose those colors thats about it. took like 5 seconds. i had nothing to do with pantone when doing this concept

he's trying to give you some advice. He's saying that fabrics vary from manuafatures, and its important for the future that you take that in consideration. PANTONE© is a color coding system. Its universally standard all over the world and it helps keep colors straight from manufature to manufature. hense the color guru on here's name is Pantone. Its something you could run into in the future (if you go into design at all, you WILL run into it) and If you don't follow those guides when designing, the price could skyrocket if you have to have custom fabrics made. Or if you have to follow guidelines after the fact, it could end up looking not so great.

But, its just a concept, so it doesn't really matter. He was just offering some professional advice for the future.

peace,

pc

ohh, thanks for clearing that up. thanks for that piece of information flynnagain. i had no clue. i mean, i knew what PANTONE was and I know that he's on these boards and that he runs SSUR.org. I didn't know about the fabric thing though. good looking out, guys.

As always, that logo is a thing of beauty... The unis are a bit too busy for my taste, but hey, the way Nike is doing things, that'll be the standard in a few years... But great job overall, I like it alot

While I think you should be doing this professionally, this is not one of my faves (though admittedly based on personal taste).

As a vikes fan, I am glad they have not gone to the different color shoulders/sleeves. I am happy with their current logo and unis, though I do like your use of gold instead of yellow.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

thanks for the feedback again guys, oh i didnt realize flynnagain was pantone.

Flynn isn't pantone. Just a slight miscommunication. He was giving you the site and saying that the site is about pantones and describes them and all that. the "The is pantone" was in reference to the link he was giving you. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

hahaha wow im retarded...my bad....and yes i know about that site i know what pantone is thanks again.

you do very good work....not sure if you work in illustrator(ai) and photoshop, but you should if you are serious about logo and uni design (sorry to all the Corel and freelance users....i know both, but 80% of the houses out there use ai)

....pantone is also key and you will be able to work in the exact spot color while in ai.....for example, a common red in many uniforms is 186c.......if you choose to do a red uniform design you can't go wrong working with this as your base....also keep in mind the importance of c (coated) and u (uncoated stock) designations......123c, a common gold in uniforms, looks a lot different than 123u...get your hands on a pantone swatch book if you can....they are very useful....sorry if I sound preachy, but i thought it might be helpful in the future

I think the distance between the eyes and mouth is too great... his face looks quite long. Also, the typical viking's hair is very voluminous, as opposed to the more stringy hair you portray here. Otherwise, this is a good start. Perhaps he could be holding a battle axe?

The jersey is a little too splashy for the conservative NFC North division. Although, that's what one might have thought about the AFC West prior to the Broncos' change.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I love the Vikles and there unis, but the only thing is the inconsistency. Unfortunbately the Vikes choose to change there white uni to reflect the purple one, rather than vice cersa I would love the Vikes to change the purples to have a similar shouder striping to the whites. And I love the Vikes all white unis.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

i really love what you did with the helmet, but keep the purple facemask. besides that, i like the wordmark, but the viking, as sy pointed out, is a little awkward and all over the place with the stringy hair, and the shoulder stripes are a bit wild for the NFL. great work though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived