FormerLurker

NFL 2020 Changes

22 hours ago, CoachMastermind7 said:

Raiders new logo?

Mike Florio was asked on Friday about a new Raiders Logo that we be unveiled at the Draft. Their Draft hats are not on sale. (At the 22:40 mark)

https://youtu.be/i2vsbo7lUf4

I'm sure the "We'll unveil a new Las Vegas Raiders logo at the draft in Las Vegas" sounded great eight weeks ago...now that everything is virtual, and the draft picks won't be walking across the water at the Bellagio, the unveiling has lost some luster. 

Does anyone know where I can get pictures of the number sets used on the new jerseys?  Colts, Browns, Falcons, Bucs, etc.  Thanks in advance.

New News: The Nike Fusion Template will be arriving in the NFL come 2022. It was going to be coming in 2021, but the 2021 Plans got canceled due to Corona.  That could possibly mean that any 2021 Uniform Changes in the NFL might get delayed as well.

(5:53 in this video)

If the Browns and Buccaneers can revert back to a standard-ish block font and the Colts can take their standard block font and change it into something even better... what’s stopping the Steelers from taking their uniform to a higher level?

These:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

are so much better than these:

spacer.png
spacer.png

15 minutes ago, simtek34 said:

New News: The Nike Fusion Template will be arriving in the NFL come 2022. It was going to be coming in 2021, but the 2021 Plans got canceled due to Corona.  That could possibly mean that any 2021 Uniform Changes in the NFL might get delayed as well.

(5:53 in this video)

My guess it that there is some considerable extra overhead involved in the switchover. If that's not the case then why not switch if you have to manufacture new uniforms every seasons. I guess it's likely that they use the '20 season uniforms for 2 seasons and only produce based on replacement need.

Also screened classic sleeve stripes look cheap in pro football.

9 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

If the Browns and Buccaneers can revert back to a standard-ish block font and the Colts can take their standard block font and change it into something even better... what’s stopping the Steelers from taking their uniform to a higher level?

These:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

Block numbers and letters are way superior....rounded numbers has run its course 

2 minutes ago, guest23 said:

My guess it that there is some considerable extra overhead involved in the switchover. If that's not the case then why not switch if you have to manufacture new uniforms every seasons. I guess it's likely that they use the '20 season uniforms for 2 seasons and only produce based on replacement need.

One of my knockoffs besides no orange tops and pants was the screen printed stripes over the knitted feel 

1 hour ago, guest23 said:

1 hour ago, scraw28 said:

One of my knockoffs besides no orange tops and pants was the screen printed stripes over the knitted feel 

Absolutely.  Steelers have always looked so much better than the Packers and Browns.

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

These:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png
spacer.png

Maybe (probably) an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely love Pittsburgh’s number font the way it is. Block looks good as well, so I wouldn’t be too upset if they went back to it, but in all honesty I’d leave the font exactly the way it is if it was up to me. 

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

Absolutely.  Steelers have always looked so much better than the Packers and Browns.

The Browns used to have the knit sleeves as well, though I’m not sure if they moved to printed in 2012 or 2015.

Knitting or weaving stripe patterns typically results in more waste. That’s the main reason they’re seldom used anymore.

1 hour ago, jn8 said:

Maybe (probably) an unpopular opinion, but I absolutely love Pittsburgh’s number font the way it is. Block looks good as well, so I wouldn’t be too upset if they went back to it, but in all honesty I’d leave the font exactly the way it is if it was up to me. 

I don't mind the font, but the fact that it is italicized irks me. 

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Agreed. It's something about that black and gold(yellow?) 

11 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

Agreed. It's something about that black and gold(yellow?) 

No, it’s the difference between weaving the stripes into the fabric and painting them on. 

11 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

this.  

I like the italicized font for the Steelers. 

I also think it would be a downgrade if they kept the same font and unitalicized it.

Either go back to the block font or keep it as it.

Personally though? I wouldnt mine block, but keep the chest logo

12 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

this.  

Never understood that decision.  I had heard somewhere intially that the font was an attempt to mimic the helmet numbers. Making them italicized ruins that.  And looks ugly, too 

Disagree, as usual.  I love their numbers.  The fact that they don't match the helmet exactly doesn't bother me much. 

On 4/10/2020 at 6:23 PM, Newport said:

My only two complaint is the helmet stripe. I wish it was identical to the pants. 

It is? 

mnm0ui06qdbkb0uhshm9.jpgBills-GM-believes-veteran-running-back-L

2 minutes ago, Sport said:

It is? 

I think the way the helmet stripe flairs out in the back is what he's talking about. The helmet would look better with evenly thick stripes. 

2 minutes ago, Sport said:

It is? 

It isn't.

spacer.png