FormerLurker

NFL 2020 Changes

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, dont care said:

No browns definitely not, it also makes them Look like a throwback bang aka helmet.

chris pratt what GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally would love to see the league implement a rule that teams must wear their standard home jersey for a reasonable portion of their home games. Maybe at least half. The new rule allowing multiple alternates to be worn at least 3 times in a season is a bit excessive, and when you throw in teams wearing white at home early on, we end up having teams that wear their standard home look only a couple of times per season in their home stadium, which is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

 

For instance, in 2019, the Buffalo Bills wore their iconic blue on white look for just TWO of their 8 home games. Do we really need to see them in all white, all red, or all blue for 3/4 of their home games? Same goes for the Jets. Only two games in green over white last season at Met Life, but THREE in all black (which hasn't even been part of their color scheme), one in white, and two in all green.

 

Fans will still buy the alternate jerseys even if they are worn for less games. No need to shove them down our throats.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Personally would love to see the league implement a rule that teams must wear their standard home jersey for a reasonable portion of their home games. Maybe at least half. The new rule allowing multiple alternates to be worn at least 3 times in a season is a bit excessive, and when you throw in teams wearing white at home early on, we end up having teams that wear their standard home look only a couple of times per season in their home stadium, which is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

 

For instance, in 2019, the Buffalo Bills wore their iconic blue on white look for just TWO of their 8 home games. Do we really need to see them in all white, all red, or all blue for 3/4 of their home games? Same goes for the Jets. Only two games in green over white last season at Met Life, but THREE in all black (which hasn't even been part of their color scheme), one in white, and two in all green.

 

Fans will still buy the alternate jerseys even if they are worn for less games. No need to shove them down our throats.

 

 

 

 

 

I feel like more teams need to utilize away alternates like the Seahawks. Currently I think nfl teams can have 2 alternate jerseys, and most of them are colored, so if they want to wear them, they have to wear them at home. However, we may be stuck with a bunch of grey away alternates so teams can wear more standard looks at home. Either way, the bills should have at least one throwback home game and one color rush (or red jersey white pants) home game per season, it only makes sense for the fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Personally would love to see the league implement a rule that teams must wear their standard home jersey for a reasonable portion of their home games. Maybe at least half. The new rule allowing multiple alternates to be worn at least 3 times in a season is a bit excessive, and when you throw in teams wearing white at home early on, we end up having teams that wear their standard home look only a couple of times per season in their home stadium, which is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

 

For instance, in 2019, the Buffalo Bills wore their iconic blue on white look for just TWO of their 8 home games. Do we really need to see them in all white, all red, or all blue for 3/4 of their home games? Same goes for the Jets. Only two games in green over white last season at Met Life, but THREE in all black (which hasn't even been part of their color scheme), one in white, and two in all green.

 

Fans will still buy the alternate jerseys even if they are worn for less games. No need to shove them down our throats.

 

 

 

Last year's Jaguars wore 8 different combos in 16 games.  It's beyond stupid.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's pretty illuminating. If you had asked me what color the Jags' home jersey was, I would have said real. But apparently they don't actually have a home jersey.

 

How stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

 

Last year's Jaguars wore 8 different combos in 16 games.  It's beyond stupid.

 

spacer.png

Second Row, Second Over

Fourth Row, First One

 

That right there should be the Home & Away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

 

spacer.png

 

For as long as Jacksonville keeps these, they really need to stick to the second row as their primary home/away, with the first set from the third row as a change-of-pace alternate.  Wht do I say this? Because, as currently designed, keeping teal pants as primary home and away allows a supposed-to-be-prominent part of their color scheme to be prominently displayed.

 

The white pants need to go with this set, and if they absolutely MUST do all-black, they should keep it to a prime-time home game alternate...that's originally how their all-black sets started (but it didn't take long for the all-black to make it into the midday sun, either).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

 

 

Last year's Jaguars wore 8 different combos in 16 games.  It's beyond stupid.

 

spacer.png

The set worn in the preseason is perfect as can be ( imo, I like the black/white/black for the road) but the numbers need to be TEAL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I look at the Jaguars’ set and still can’t believe they chose black numbers for the white jersey. Teal numbers would improve that jersey significantly; of all the possible tweaks I can think of league-wide, that’s the one I think would make for the most dramatic improvement.

 

 

 

(Granted, the Jaguars should still be wearing the Brunell set today and forever in my honest opinion. But still...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jaguars should use more gold on their uniforms. Increased use of it in the first Nike set was one thing I actually liked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Buc said:

 

For as long as Jacksonville keeps these, they really need to stick to the second row as their primary home/away, with the first set from the third row as a change-of-pace alternate.  Wht do I say this? Because, as currently designed, keeping teal pants as primary home and away allows a supposed-to-be-prominent part of their color scheme to be prominently displayed.

 

The white pants need to go with this set, and if they absolutely MUST do all-black, they should keep it to a prime-time home game alternate...that's originally how their all-black sets started (but it didn't take long for the all-black to make it into the midday sun, either).

And the Titans should do the same with the columbia blue pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so with only the Rams and Chargers left here is my list of current unveils for 2020 ranked best to worst.

 

Buccaneers

Colts

Browns

[

[

[

[

[

Patriots

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

[

Falcons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

And the Titans should do the same with the columbia blue pants.

 

I actually agree with that... though I'd also just as soon see them burn that entire set with nuclear fire, because outside of their logo and [the shape of, but not the split-color of] their shoulder yokes, ain't a dang thang worth keeping with that set...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Upgrade: Browns, Bucs (no explanation needed)

 

Neutral: Colts

 

Downgrade: Falcons (this is a tough one- with white pants at home, I would consider changing this to neutral...never wear the gradient jerseys and it might be an upgrade), Patriots (thought about neutral but they can't even introduce a 2nd pant option?)

 

Future predictions: Chargers-upgrade  Rams-downgrade

 

So that would make 3 upgrades, one neutral change, and 3 downgrades.

It breaks even, which is pretty good for the NFL which is slowly becoming one of the worst looking leagues in the country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I think every team has upgraded from their previous look thus far. And the Rams should (at least) finally have a cohesive look after several years of mixing and matching eras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bucs and Browns are obvious upgrades

 

I think the Colts and Pats both made lateral changes, and unless the Chargers really impress me, I have a feeling they'll end up here too. 

 

Downgrades would be rams but honestly it could be worse. 

 

Falcons are their own category, went from bottom 10 in the league to bottom 3, round of applause for them. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.