FormerLurker

NFL 2020 Changes

Recommended Posts

On 5/2/2020 at 1:51 PM, Survival79 said:

U96Jnvu.png

 

kmFEQd2.gif

I lived in Atlanta. I disagree strongly with this paragraph.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I hate this thread

 

Don't hate the thread, hate the "threads" that inspired this discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2020 at 9:26 AM, whitedawg22 said:

 

RBs wearing #82? The NFL would never allow for such a travesty!

71Lor6q2aBL._SX425_.jpg

Wasn’t Bernstine a TE who converted to RB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No international games this year, all games in the US.... just announced by Goddell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Wasn’t Bernstine a TE who converted to RB?

Yep - that's why it was allowed. A position change doesn't require a number change as long as eligibility isn't at issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cheo25 said:

I lived in Atlanta. I disagree strongly with this paragraph.

 

Agreed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heavybass said:

No international games this year, all games in the US.... just announced by Goddell.

 

tenor.gif?itemid=9530757

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the uniform schedule shows even distribution. 

Home: 4(all black) 2 throwback, 1 BLK/wht, 1 gradient

Away: 4 all white, 4 white/black 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really hope Miami doesn’t screw up the Don Shula patch they will wear this season for his honor!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tom Brady is working out in what is very clearly a Patriots helmet. Would’ve been funny to see a Buccaneers logo slapped on the side. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Yep - that's why it was allowed. A position change doesn't require a number change as long as eligibility isn't at issue.

So he’s Ty Montgomery’s numerical ancestor, essentially. Bernstine did change numbers when he changed teams, though - IIRC he was #33 when he played for the Broncos. 

 

That makes me think of several others who played in the ‘80s and ‘90s wearing unusual numbers. Jim Jensen had a long career with the Dolphins under Don Shula (RIP), being used as a sort of jack-of-all-trades, always wearing #11. He apparently appeared at QB, RB, WR, and TE but must’ve been drafted as a QB. 

 

There’s also Dennis Gentry, who wore #29 with the Bears but was often classified as a WR. He seems to have been an undersized wideout-running back hybrid who was mostly used as a returner, but he must have been drafted as a running back. 

 

There have also been other players who wore numbers they shouldn’t have logically worn, usually for just a season or two. Browns WR Michael Jackson (no relation to the singer except they are both unfortunately no longer living) wore #1 early in his career. Can anyone think of others? (Regular season or playoff appearances necessary; preseason rules are different.)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

So he’s Ty Montgomery’s numerical ancestor, essentially. Bernstine did change numbers when he changed teams, though - IIRC he was #33 when he played for the Broncos. 

 

That makes me think of several others who played in the ‘80s and ‘90s wearing unusual numbers. Jim Jensen had a long career with the Dolphins under Don Shula (RIP), being used as a sort of jack-of-all-trades, always wearing #11. He apparently appeared at QB, RB, WR, and TE but must’ve been drafted as a QB. 

 

There’s also Dennis Gentry, who wore #29 with the Bears but was often classified as a WR. He seems to have been an undersized wideout-running back hybrid who was mostly used as a returner, but he must have been drafted as a running back. 

 

There have also been other players who wore numbers they shouldn’t have logically worn, usually for just a season or two. Browns WR Michael Jackson (no relation to the singer except they are both unfortunately no longer living) wore #1 early in his career. Can anyone think of others? (Regular season or playoff appearances necessary; preseason rules are different.)

 

 

I like these kinds of things. It offers a level of uniqueness to a player. Mark Barron & Deone Bucannon are good defensive examples. Both were drafted as safeties, but transitioned to linebackers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

Bobby Mitchell & Dexter McCluster are good offensive examples. Both drafted as running backs, but transitioned to wide receiver

spacer.png

spacer.png
 

I also like how the Ravens utilize Patrick Ricard as FB & DL. Although I think he’s more FB than DL these days 

spacer.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Who was the Raiders tight end that wore a running back number?

Todd Christenson. 46

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Who was the Raiders tight end that wore a running back number?

Todd Christensen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

Todd Christensen?

Speelling 🙂 

 

You're right, by the way.

 

And how the heck did Michael Jsckson wear 1 for 2 years???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the dolphins petition to the league to use both sets of the throwback uniforms as the primary home and away for 2020 season to honor shula

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, scraw28 said:

I hope the dolphins petition to the league to use both sets of the throwback uniforms as the primary home and away for 2020 season to honor shula

I could get behind this, but only if it lasts for one season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I could get behind this, but only if it lasts for one season.

 

I could get behind this but only if it lasts forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jp1409 said:

 

I could get behind this but only if it lasts forever.

Throwbacks are called “throwbacks” for a reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.