FormerLurker

NFL 2020 Changes

9 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

This is why sock stripes in the NFL will not work in this day and age... too much ‘individuality’ and ‘look at me’ mentality...

Somebody please think of the children

I wouldn't be surprised if this set is brought back next year but in red and blue. It would be an upgrade to an okay set.

11 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

This is why sock stripes in the NFL will not work in this day and age... too much ‘individuality’ and ‘look at me’ mentality...

spacer.png

The NFC uniforms are a huge W simply because they actually managed to make a metallic gold jersey look good. I loved the slightly more saturated shade that they went with. 

25 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

How often do we see those same stripes at various heights of the leg, from the ankle all the way above mid calf? Or the players that have multiple striped sections worn on their legs. Same thing goes for how variations of the length of bottom white portion of the socks are shown. 

Don't get me wrong, they are amazing when everyone wears them the correct way... but that doesn't happen

The Pro Bowl unis were a simple yet sleek design in my opinion. The colors could be better, but by no means were they an eye sore. Id give em a 6.5/10 and if they were just red and blue then they would be around a 9 honestly.

14 hours ago, Volt said:

These were easily the worst Pro Bowl uniforms ever and it's not even close.

spacer.png

spacer.png

I liked the gradient numbers, though! But yeah, there are far worse than this set.

9 hours ago, henburg said:

The NFC uniforms are a huge W simply because they actually managed to make a metallic gold jersey look good. I loved the slightly more saturated shade that they went with. 

That’s because they weren’t metallic...

9 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

spacer.png

9 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

How often do we see those same stripes at various heights of the leg, from the ankle all the way above mid calf? Or the players that have multiple striped sections worn on their legs. Same thing goes for how variations of the length of bottom white portion of the socks are shown. 

Don't get me wrong, they are amazing when everyone wears them the correct way... but that doesn't happen

To be fair, when you look at the Niners pre-2017 jerseys Alex Smith and their kicker usually had the full three stripes on their sleeve where other players has the 1.5 on their jerseys from the cut. So I mean I don’t think it matters how they wear the stripes as long as they’re there in this point.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

That’s because they weren’t metallic...

It doesn't use dazzle fabric or anything but it's clearly a vegas/old gold, not yellow. 

Panthers rumor mill says that the team has a big announcement and a lot fans are speculating uni changes. Team stopped restocking elite jerseys and never ordered fan vapor untouchables. Be on the lookout for that announcement tomorrow or Thursday 

19 hours ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Panthers rumor mill says that the team has a big announcement and a lot fans are speculating uni changes. Team stopped restocking elite jerseys and never ordered fan vapor untouchables. Be on the lookout for that announcement tomorrow or Thursday 

As a Panthers fan, this makes me nervous...

23 hours ago, JOEYxFRESCO said:

Why go through all the effort to change the template, modify the jersey and pants this season only to make another change the following season?

18 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

Why go through all the effort to change the template, modify the jersey and pants this season only to make another change the following season?

Falcons did something similar and wore the Reebok template several years into the Nike era. Then switched to Vapor Untouchable for a couple seasons and now are unveiling an entirely new set.

16 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Falcons did something similar and wore the Reebok template several years into the Nike era. Then switched to Vapor Untouchable for a couple seasons and now are unveiling an entirely new set.

At least it was a couple seasons, so it held through for a bit. Panthers only used it for one season. It would have made more sense to just keep the original template and waited it out until this change 

17 hours ago, phutmasterflex said:

Brewers modified their alternate cap last year knowing that most people wouldn't know the difference, and that it was only going to be for one season.

GKcb_n-fD-zuI05C3urcx3z-iNEAsUOk6Q530x5h

1 hour ago, phutmasterflex said:

At least it was a couple seasons, so it held through for a bit. Panthers only used it for one season. It would have made more sense to just keep the original template and waited it out until this change 

Buccaneers and Dolphins did the same thing when the Nike era began. They used their then current designs for one season on the Nike templates before moving to the current sets.