FormerLurker

NFL 2020 Changes

On 12/15/2019 at 8:32 PM, mjd77 said:

I'll take anything that isn't blue/yellow/khaki.  There were some nice green/yellow looks in the '50s too even though the team was pretty bad during that time.

too bad we sucked from 84-88. Those were my favorite. Plus it would be hard to have 5 stripes w an embedded G on the current style unis.

18 hours ago, SCL said:

Agreed, lose the side panel and straighten the pants stripe and you've got a nearly perfect set.

This...and block numbers

2 hours ago, dbofox said:

This...and block numbers

So, basically, their Color Rush Uniform with Orange in the same places as their Primary. (Number Outline, Sleeve Cap, Pants Stripe)spacer.png

The Bengals could honestly go right back to the previous set exactly and I’d be thrilled:

spacer.png

And if you’ve got to call an audible because the template just doesn’t fit the logo and numbers, then just put the numbers on the sleeve for a Boomer set nod while maintaining the cleaner stripe treatment this set had. It’d still look beautiful.

I also love overall how this and the Boomer set took a rather traditional template and gave it a progressive and modern twist by “filling in” tiger stripes where traditional stripes otherwise would be. This never needed to be departed from and reebokified into a mess; it did its job perfectly, and could still do its job perfectly right now.

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The Bengals could honestly go right back to the previous set exactly and I’d be thrilled:

spacer.png

And if you’ve got to call an audible because the template just doesn’t fit the logo and numbers, then just put the numbers on the sleeve for a Boomer set nod while maintaining the cleaner stripe treatment this set had. It’d still look beautiful.

I also love overall how this and the Boomer set took a rather traditional template and gave it a progressive and modern twist by “filling in” tiger stripes where traditional stripes otherwise would be. This never needed to be departed from and reebokified into a mess; it did it’s job perfectly, and could still do its job perfectly right now.

Go back to the logo package while they’re at it too please

On 12/20/2019 at 8:15 PM, SCL said:

Agreed, lose the side panel and straighten the pants stripe and you've got a nearly perfect set.

That would be a great start, but something needs to be done with the sleeve striping, as well.  It's just...off, somehow.  One issue is that there are orange painted stripes on a black background and black painted stripes on an orange background.  Why?  And the shape and symmetry of the stripes on the side is just strange.  The white side panels are the biggest issue, but the pants stripe, the jersey stripes, and (as someone mentioned) the number font all need changing.  So, basically, it's the whole thing.

Adriel_Jeremiah_Green.jpgAAGtfZx.img?h=0&w=720&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&l=f

Maybe it's just me, but I have no problem with the font the Bengals use. The biggest problem with that set is the presence of side panels. The striping is weird, but I like having it on the sleeve cap. 

On 12/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, Tygers09 said:

Yes I am serious.. Leave them alone! The term "dated" is not in my vocabulary!! While I like the D with the bronco (70s-90s), the current bronco head logo is timeless, as far as I'm concerned!

Nah, I think that the Broncos need an overhaul. They only made that change in 97 because it was possible that Bowlen would move the team. I would start completely over with an orange helmet, new logo, and new uniform design.

36 minutes ago, DnBronc said:

Nah, I think that the Broncos need an overhaul. They only made that change in 97 because it was possible that Bowlen would move the team. I would start completely over with an orange helmet, new logo, and new uniform design.

Please elaborate.

On 12/16/2019 at 8:08 PM, mjd77 said:

**I'd rather see them ditch the silver completely.**

^^ For the Panthers. I would rather the helmet (and maybe pants) be a Gunmetal grey if we have to keep a metallic color in our scheme. I think the Black and Blue we currently use would look good by themselves as well.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Please elaborate.

That was around the time when they were trying to get what was then known as Invesco Field at Mile High built. Bowlen would have moved the team if that didn't happen, and he wanted to get a new logo without a D in it just incase.

10 minutes ago, DnBronc said:

That was around the time when they were trying to get what was then known as Invesco Field at Mile High built. Bowlen would have moved the team if that didn't happen, and he wanted to get a new logo without a D in it just incase.

Any link to an old story about this?  That's really interesting.

20 minutes ago, DnBronc said:

I’m gonna say this is some false story you heard unless you can provide some solid proof.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I like the Titans helmet and prefer it to the previous one. 

The Bengals color rush is a nice starting point for any rebrand....come up with a black home jersey option and maybe an orange version in time and you'd have a nice set.

....and ditch that stupid B logo.  Use the tiger head as the primary.

On 12/21/2019 at 9:28 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

spacer.png

This move would only be applauded by just about everybody.  Yet for some brain dead rational, who knows what, they won't do it.  

8 hours ago, AstroBull21 said:

The Bengals color rush is a nice starting point for any rebrand....come up with a black home jersey option and maybe an orange version in time and you'd have a nice set.

....and ditch that stupid B logo.  Use the tiger head as the primary.

Yes. Bring back the tiger head.

And bring back the full-body tiger at midfield. Having the "B" at the 50 yard line is so boring and the tiger was always much more unique.

Vikings would look so much better with shiny lids.