FormerLurker

NFL 2020 Changes

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

 

Though I hate to refer to a movie that glorifies scabbing, I must note that, back in December, @jgiff17 posted a picture from the movie The Replacements that shows how shoulder stripes can be done in a non-truncated manner, even on linemens' jerseys.

 

TheReplacements-Still6.jpg?partner=allmo

That isn’t even the topic that was being discussed but ok compare a 20 year old uniform to today’s if you must.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with truncating shoulder stripes was that the early stretch panels on sides creeping up past the armpit. 

 

I don't know how many of you were playing high school or college football but that's certainly how I remember it. You can see it in Colts jerseys of that era:

 

indianapolis-colts-v-seattle-seahawks-5b

GettyImages-51857911.jpg

 

Even Manning, who wear long sleeves has his stripes truncated because the elastic side panel is in the way.

 

Now would be a good chance to revive full shoulder stripes since that type of side panel is irrelevant with most of the jersey being elastic material already. That's the tack Under Armour took for UCLA and I hope it continues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Home and sick as a dog today so did a little stalking for clues to the 7 changes in the NFL, and here are my semi educated guesses as to what each is:

 

Falcons: going modern and flashy, silver/chrome will play a big part in the new scheme. Black primary jerseys and helmets. They’ll drive us crazy because they’ll call them throwbacks with a twist and most fans will call them throwbacks as well. They won’t be.

 

Browns: Extremely boring, I’m even anticipating that stripes may be gone. Orange numbers kept on aways, Giants like cleanliness on the homes, orange alternate, brown pants stay in the rotation.

 

 Bucs: Red and orange become the new main colors with pewter becoming an outline only. Simple uniforms but the red and orange color scheme will make them a big hit. White helmets and creamsicle throwback alts. 
 

Rams: Going flashy and modern/ugly. Navy and old gold color scheme, and I still think we are in for some sort of surprise third color outline a la the Nuggets new uniforms. These will by far be the most hated and compared to the Bucs previous set.

 

Patriots: Going red, cleaned up version of their current primaries with piping issues fixed. Helmet remains completely unchanged.

 

Chargers: Complete and total overhaul, maybe even a change in primary colors. I honestly think the only thing that doesn’t change is the name.

 

Colts: TV numbers move to the top of the shoulders instead of the sleeves a la Carolina this year.

 

@canzman  blink twice if I’m close.
 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

Home and sick as a dog today so did a little stalking for clues to the 7 changes in the NFL, and here are my semi educated guesses as to what each is:

 

Falcons: going modern and flashy, silver/chrome will play a big part in the new scheme. Black primary jerseys and helmets. They’ll drive us crazy because they’ll call them throwbacks with a twist and most fans will call them throwbacks as well. They won’t be.

 

Browns: Extremely boring, I’m even anticipating that stripes may be gone. Orange numbers kept on aways, Giants like cleanliness on the homes, orange alternate, brown pants stay in the rotation.

 

 Bucs: Red and orange become the new main colors with pewter becoming an outline only. Simple uniforms but the red and orange color scheme will make them a big hit. White helmets and creamsicle throwback alts. 
 

Rams: Going flashy and modern/ugly. Navy and old gold color scheme, and I still think we are in for some sort of surprise third color outline a la the Nuggets new uniforms. These will by far be the most hated and compared to the Bucs previous set.

 

Patriots: Going red, cleaned up version of their current primaries with piping issues fixed. Helmet remains completely unchanged.

 

Chargers: Complete and total overhaul, maybe even a change in primary colors. I honestly think the only thing that doesn’t change is the name.

 

Colts: TV numbers move to the top of the shoulders instead of the sleeves a la Carolina this year.

 

@canzman  blink twice if I’m close.
 

 

 

 

I doubt the Rams will be using any form of metallic gold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I doubt the Rams will be using any form of metallic gold. 


Is old gold not yellow? I thought Vegas Gold was metallic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:


Is old gold not yellow? I thought Vegas Gold was metallic.

Vegas gold is light metallic gold. 

 

Old gold is also metallic, but darker and more saturated than the Vegas variety. The Saints originally wore old gold. 

 

Athletic gold is what some people call yellow. I don’t know why they don’t just call it yellow, but there we are. 

 

In fairness, some athletic golds are closer to actual gold than others. I think the shade worn by the Padres is closer to gold than the shade worn by the Packers, for instance. But that’s neither here nor there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 10:28 AM, simtek34 said:

Hopefully that means fixed Shoulder Stripes, Blue Facemask, and the return of Sock Stripes.

 

On 2/25/2020 at 11:54 AM, canzman said:

You are thinking too big... Change is even more minor than what you listed.

 

Based on the above quotes, I would assume not that. That would be a major change to have TV Numbers on the Sleeves

 

51 minutes ago, FormerLurker said:

Colts: TV numbers move to the top of the shoulders instead of the sleeves a la Carolina this year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FormerLurker said:

Colts: TV numbers move to the top of the shoulders instead of the sleeves a la Carolina this year.

 

The Panthers have a reason why their TV numbers are on the shoulders.

 

The Colts would not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 6:08 PM, FormerLurker said:

Someone is either getting fired or promoted lol

Spoiler


 

spacer.png

 

 

"Twin City" on the Vikings hat is weird too. I guess it's technically correct, but never once heard the singular of Twin Cities used alone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, tjs11 said:

"Twin City" on the Vikings hat is weird too. I guess it's technically correct, but never once heard the singular of Twin Cities used alone. 

Could there have been a miscommunication somewhere along the line? Because it does seem like “we’re from Minneapolis, screw St. Paul” and they wouldn’t want to alienate a big part of their market...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

Home and sick as a dog today so did a little stalking for clues to the 7 changes in the NFL, and here are my semi educated guesses as to what each is:

 

Falcons: going modern and flashy, silver/chrome will play a big part in the new scheme. Black primary jerseys and helmets. They’ll drive us crazy because they’ll call them throwbacks with a twist and most fans will call them throwbacks as well. They won’t be.

 

Browns: Extremely boring, I’m even anticipating that stripes may be gone. Orange numbers kept on aways, Giants like cleanliness on the homes, orange alternate, brown pants stay in the rotation.

 

 Bucs: Red and orange become the new main colors with pewter becoming an outline only. Simple uniforms but the red and orange color scheme will make them a big hit. White helmets and creamsicle throwback alts. 
 

Rams: Going flashy and modern/ugly. Navy and old gold color scheme, and I still think we are in for some sort of surprise third color outline a la the Nuggets new uniforms. These will by far be the most hated and compared to the Bucs previous set.

 

Patriots: Going red, cleaned up version of their current primaries with piping issues fixed. Helmet remains completely unchanged.

 

Chargers: Complete and total overhaul, maybe even a change in primary colors. I honestly think the only thing that doesn’t change is the name.

 

Colts: TV numbers move to the top of the shoulders instead of the sleeves a la Carolina this year.

 

@canzman  blink twice if I’m close.
 

 

 

 


Yeah, and Santa Claus is changing to Purple & Orange next year.

 

All of these are complete guesses and this  should be emphasized in your post.    You provide no evidence other than “stalking”.  This is silly.

 

And coming from the same guy who promised a complete Chiefs rebrand.

 

Also, there’s no way the Colts would move their TV numbers from the sleeves to the shoulders...there’s simply not room.  Carolina’s stripe is different.  
 

Lastly, for the other poster who said it, Athletic Gold is Steelers/Packers/Chiefs gold, typically 1235 C or sometimes 123 C (Lakers).  However, it is not “Yellow”.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCM0313 said:

Could there have been a miscommunication somewhere along the line? Because it does seem like “we’re from Minneapolis, screw St. Paul” and they wouldn’t want to alienate a big part of their market...

can't imagine that they wanted to alienate St. Paul. Seems like they were just careless or trying to be "technically" correct. I can't imagine anyone from St. Paul or the Suburbs buying that hat! Like you said-its half their market. Minneapolis alone wouldn't have a team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Volt said:


Yeah, and Santa Claus is changing to Purple & Orange next year.

 

All of these are complete guesses and this  should be emphasized in your post.    You provide no evidence other than “stalking”.  This is silly.

 

And coming from the same guy who promised a complete Chiefs rebrand.

 

Also, there’s no way the Colts would move their TV numbers from the sleeves to the shoulders...there’s simply not room.  Carolina’s stripe is different.  
 

Lastly, for the other poster who said it, Athletic Gold is Steelers/Packers/Chiefs gold, typically 1235 C or sometimes 123 C (Lakers).  However, it is not “Yellow”.
 

 

Athletic gold is a slightly deeper and more saturated version of a yellow Crayola. Sorry not sorry, it’s yellow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 4:08 PM, WSU151 said:

The Browns have the elf instead of the helmet...

I PRAY the Browns return to Brownie the Elf as their primary. The helmet is not only the most boring logo in the league, but Brownie has actually been directly correlated with the team's old days of success/championships. No championship appearances since they dumped him :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Athletic gold is a slightly deeper and more saturated version of a yellow Crayola. Sorry not sorry, it’s yellow. 

 

The difference between athletic gold and yellow is like the difference between cardinal and red. So sure, in a general sense, it is a shade of yellow, but it is not pure yellow. So if you're not talking with uniform geeks or designers, go ahead and call it yellow. But here it's proper name is athletic gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always like to use the comparison that Athletic Gold is Velveeta Mac and Cheese colored and yellow is like a banana

 

that or im just really hungry rn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ScubaSteve said:

I always like to use the comparison that Athletic Gold is Velveeta Mac and Cheese colored and yellow is like a banana

 

that or im just really hungry rn

Yummy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Vegas gold is light metallic gold. 

 

Old gold is also metallic, but darker and more saturated than the Vegas variety. The Saints originally wore old gold. 

 

Athletic gold is what some people call yellow. I don’t know why they don’t just call it yellow, but there we are. 

 

In fairness, some athletic golds are closer to actual gold than others. I think the shade worn by the Padres is closer to gold than the shade worn by the Packers, for instance. But that’s neither here nor there. 

 

Yellow and Athletic Gold are two different colors.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.