New York Knicks rebrand jersey changements + orange jersey (End)

Sidney

Fun to look out, brings a new level of integrity to the brand. Digging the extent of which you took your concept; with the alternates and applications. 

With their preference for nostalgia and having one of the "untouchable" logos/brands in the NBA, and pro sports... this is what I'd imagine is the perfect fixer-upper, upgrade, to their logo. I could see Nike implementing this and the hype around it. 

While the departure from the multi-dimensional word mark makes me slightly miss it... I think this would be welcomed, fresh, new; after all these years of harsh criticisms by way of mediocrity. It's bold, it's classic, and it still keeps their timeless brand intact.

I'd still be interested to see other ways their identity could be pushed further; but this is one of my favorites.

Dope. Check my NBA rebrands out too, if you like.

@AAO Thank you for the kind words. I went on your Behance and I really love a lot of your rebrands, I've seen some of them for a long time, but didn't know it was from you really good job. 

4 hours ago, Captain Tsubasa said:

Dang, that concept is really amazing! Especially love the fresh Roy Lichtenstein version! 

Thanks @Captain Tsubasa I was trying to do something really different, I think even for the yellow cab jersey was really risky. But overall I'm happy with the result. :) 

hNa1bgX.png

1 hour ago, Eric Westhaver said:

That Pop Art City concept is stunning.

Like the basics of that yellow cab uni too - to me though, it seems like more of a deviation from the Knicks colours and brand than the Pop Art jersey.

@Eric Westhaver Indeed Eric it's not even close, I've tried something "really really really" different than what we used to see. What you think I should've done better/different on this concept? For example. Thanks for your feedback.

hNa1bgX.png

3 hours ago, Whittier S said:

I keep coming back to that logo. I just can't see a Y. It looks like a Greek letter psi.

Yh I get what you're saying, maybe I've tried too hard to make the bball lines. I'll get back at it to improve it.

28 minutes ago, newarkian said:

@SidneyI wanted to get your permission to personally use your rebrand of Knicks for NBA 2k20 video game my league?

Sure! give me few days I'll prepare the pictures so you can use them. just send me in PM you e-mail add. 

hNa1bgX.png

I would change the Y in the alt it just kinda looks off. Uniforms are nice but I would like the statement to maybe be the away with the orange numbers and letters instead of the white. That pop art city jersey is so nice, really captures NYC culture and looks super fresh. Overall great job

2 minutes ago, jaytavo305 said:

I would change the Y in the alt it just kinda looks off. Uniforms are nice but I would like the statement to maybe be the away with the orange numbers and letters instead of the white. That pop art city jersey is so nice, really captures NYC culture and looks super fresh. Overall great job

Hi, I'm working on that alternative logo so when I got a good one I'll make the changement. thanks.

hNa1bgX.png

2 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I prefer the left, but it does loose the Subway token aspect it was designed after.

Yh didn't wanted to do it 100% so tried to take part of it and played with it.The 3 lines on top NYC is supposed to kind of recreate the ball. 

hNa1bgX.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived