North American Pro Soccer 2020

Gothamite

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

MLS and Liga MX cherry picked teams last year so I never trust the lineups to truly be 1-4 on each side. 

With 15,000 seats you're giving yourself room for expansion without having to possibly reconfigure at a later date. It's part of how Toyota Stadium was built in San Antonio. The posts are already i place for expansion so they can cut down on build time if they ever needed to do it. They'd end up taking over part of the adjoining road though so that would need to be closed off or built over. 

the thing is though is that unless the team is going to be bought by a billionaire, it seems unlikely that New Mexio United is ever going to MLS.  If that is the case, I think 15,000 might be a bit too much.  10,000-12,000 is sufficient for USL.  

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I feel like MLS treats all these random competitions like an episode of , "Whose line is it Anyways"?

Campeones Cup is a good idea and makes sense -- league champ v league champ.

Leagues Cup is an exhibition that doesn't appear to be tethered to any reality and is mostly duplicative of Concacaf CL. Thouh, I suppose, a good way to sell tickets to see Chicharito.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Okay so CCL runs roughly concurrently with the first third of MLS season / Liga MX Clausura. Best MLS teams (if USA), best Liga MX teams.

Leagues Cup runs roughly with the last third of MLS season / Liga MX Apertura. Lower MLS playoff teams (and Canada), but same best Liga MX teams plus four more.

Campeones Cup is the one-off between each league champion.

Simple.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

22 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Campeones Cup is a good idea and makes sense -- league champ v league champ.

I feel like this game is just unnecessary 

I know, I'm being one of those guys but there's plenty of soccer to go around between Champion's league, MLS and, domestic cups.

Do we really need to see an exhibition between 2 teams that already are, due to how well the did the previous year, going to have a full calendar? 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

5 minutes ago, Digby said:

This isn't great.

Oh, I'd be SO pissed as a United fan. That's garbage. Maybe the Defenders can use less paint going forward.

There were some faint football lines on the CenturyLink field last night, but it wasn't the nightmare it's been in the past.

2 minutes ago, Jer15 said:

I feel like this game is just unnecessary 

I know, I'm being one of those guys but there's plenty of soccer to go around between Champion's league, MLS and, domestic cups.

Do we really need to see an exhibition between 2 teams that already are, due to how well the did the previous year, going to have a full calendar? 

Depends. If Seattle wins this year? Yes. If not, no because the Cup would mean absolutely nothing.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Depends. If Seattle wins this year? Yes. If not, no because the Cup would mean absolutely nothing.

lol, fair.

I admit I wouldn't have been mad if TFC won the first one too.

I just worry, due to MLS salary rules, this is adding another game to teams schedules therefore another set of tired legs and increased chance of injuries. Plus, they aren't asking teams who aren't making the playoffs or the Champion's league to play in these games. These teams are looking to win major titles and shouldn't have to bother with an exhibition game that means nothing. 

I'll stop my rant now. Just my 2 cents for whatever it's worth. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

12 minutes ago, Jer15 said:

lol, fair.

I admit I wouldn't have been mad if TFC won the first one too.

I just worry, due to MLS salary rules, this is adding another game to teams schedules therefore another set of tired legs and increased chance of injuries. Plus, they aren't asking teams who aren't making the playoffs or the Champion's league to play in these games. These teams are looking to win major titles and shouldn't have to bother with an exhibition game that means nothing. 

I'll stop my rant now. Just my 2 cents for whatever it's worth. 

Part of me is bummed Seattle bombed out of the CCL last night, but the other part is happy it's one less set of games they need to win in order to defend MLS Cup. MLS Cup should be the ultimate prize, though I do think that you could call it a successful season if you win one of the CCL, Open Cup, Leagues Cup, or Supporters Sheild (which, typing all out is kind of ridiculous).

Ranking of MLS team honors:

1. MLS Cup

2. CCL

2a. Campeones Cup

3. Supporters Shield

4. US Open Cup

4a. Canadian Open Up

5. Leagues Cup

6. Qualification for CCL

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Part of me is bummed Seattle bombed out of the CCL last night, but the other part is happy it's one less set of games they need to win in order to defend MLS Cup. MLS Cup should be the ultimate prize, though I do think that you could call it a successful season if you win one of the CCL, Open Cup, Leagues Cup, or Supporters Sheild (which, typing all out is kind of ridiculous).

Ranking of MLS team honors:

1. MLS Cup

2. CCL

2a. Campeones Cup

3. Supporters Shield

4. US Open Cup

4a. Canadian Open Up

5. Leagues Cup

6. Qualification for CCL

I hear you man.

Coming from a TFC fan's perspective (which I think, in the past 4 years at least, is pretty on par with Seattle...seeing as we've played just about the same amount of soccer in all these tournaments and the league over that time) I'm so happy that they didn't qualify for the CCL this year. Take a step back, get healthy and focus on MLS Cup. 

Agree to disagree on the Campeopnes Cup but otherwise I completely agree with your ranking. 

21 minutes ago, Jer15 said:

I hear you man.

Coming from a TFC fan's perspective (which I think, in the past 4 years at least, is pretty on par with Seattle...seeing as we've played just about the same amount of soccer in all these tournaments and the league over that time) I'm so happy that they didn't qualify for the CCL this year. Take a step back, get healthy and focus on MLS Cup. 

Agree to disagree on the Campeopnes Cup but otherwise I completely agree with your ranking. 

Seattle and Toronto are pretty blessed as MLS fans. Three out of four Cup Finals, some of the best regular season moments, always being viewed as a contender, etc. It's been a charmed life.

If I were a Dallas or Orlando or San Jose fan, it would be a lot harder to care.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

This isn't great.

I suppose the DC United supporters who complained about the arrangement may end up being justified.

MZnWkGU.png

StL Cardinals - Indy Colts - Indiana Pacers - Let's Go Blues! - Missouri State Bears - IU Hoosiers - St Louis City SC

Watched the DC United game live on local TV. Was expecting it to look much worse than it did. The XFL season will be over in April and the pitch will go back normal. Not a huge deal.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

6 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

Josef Martínez tearing his ACL in match day 1 really blows.

Never good to see someone go down with that kind of injury. That being said hopefully FC Cincinnati now stands a better chance against Atlanta next week and a month from now in our matches against them.

The first half of FCCs game today looked like they had picked up where they were last season. Very rough, but the second half looked a lot brighter. Im liking what Ive seen from Jurgen Locadia so far.

Signature intentionally left blank

10 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Never good to see someone go down with that kind of injury. That being said hopefully FC Cincinnati now stands a better chance against Atlanta next week and a month from now in our matches against them.

The first half of FCCs game today looked like they had picked up where they were last season. Very rough, but the second half looked a lot brighter. Im liking what Ive seen from Jurgen Locadia so far.

Is it normal for goalkeepers to wear baseball hats?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived