North American Pro Soccer 2020

Gothamite

1 hour ago, Sport said:

Is it normal for goalkeepers to wear baseball hats?

I recall this happening once at BMO field in the early days because the sun got in the 'keepers eyes and he couldn't see. I forget if it was TFC or the Canadian national team. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't watch, but by all accounts the Whitecaps were dreadful. Midfield again a huge issue. Not quite sure what the fixation with signing a slew of wingers each year is. There are more central midfielders on the way, but this was a glaring issue last year and they should have prioritized getting those guys into the team straight away. 

They signed a guy in January they still haven't managed to get into the country apparently. 

2 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Looks like a nice stadium. I've been in the dark on Louisville doing this. Are they trying to get a MLS Expansion Team?

New stadium but not going to MLS.  Staying in USL Championship.

Two big wins on the road within the conference to start the season for the Loons...

...and yet the main thing I'm left wondering is how long a leash Matias Almeyda has left with the Quakes, after missing the playoffs last year and now opening 2020 with seven goals conceded in two games, both at home. His man-marking scheme just isn't getting it done for them; tonight they couldn't even seem to defend corners, where man-marking is particularly essential.

CCSLC signature.png

I've got tickets to see the Revolution vs Timbers match this weekend. Hoping it doesn't get coronavirus'ed off the calendar. But I don't think there's much danger of being within six feet of another human at a Revs game at Gillette in March, hey-o.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Archived