Gothamite

North American Pro Soccer 2020

1 hour ago, Sport said:

Is it normal for goalkeepers to wear baseball hats?

I recall this happening once at BMO field in the early days because the sun got in the 'keepers eyes and he couldn't see. I forget if it was TFC or the Canadian national team. 

I didn't watch, but by all accounts the Whitecaps were dreadful. Midfield again a huge issue. Not quite sure what the fixation with signing a slew of wingers each year is. There are more central midfielders on the way, but this was a glaring issue last year and they should have prioritized getting those guys into the team straight away. 

They signed a guy in January they still haven't managed to get into the country apparently. 

April 18th is the start of the CPL season.  Hopefully there will be a full on blitz of news from Atletico Ottawa this month, most notably a full roster, assistant coaches and broadcasting deals.  

Looks like a nice stadium. I've been in the dark on Louisville doing this. Are they trying to get a MLS Expansion Team?

2 hours ago, sohiosportsfreak said:

Looks like a nice stadium. I've been in the dark on Louisville doing this. Are they trying to get a MLS Expansion Team?

New stadium but not going to MLS.  Staying in USL Championship.

spacer.png

The current Liga MX champion, CONCACAF champion, Club World Cup 3rd place hasn't won since the end of january when they beat 2nd division team Celaya 3-4.

Two big wins on the road within the conference to start the season for the Loons...

...and yet the main thing I'm left wondering is how long a leash Matias Almeyda has left with the Quakes, after missing the playoffs last year and now opening 2020 with seven goals conceded in two games, both at home. His man-marking scheme just isn't getting it done for them; tonight they couldn't even seem to defend corners, where man-marking is particularly essential.

Professional Referee Organization is a complete joke. VAR is a complete waste of time.

On 3/7/2020 at 8:36 PM, Dilbert said:

VAR is a complete waste of time.

1kPjh4lSHozrnJqdVlsTqwE-ucwFUc1r4Nur11YW

I've got tickets to see the Revolution vs Timbers match this weekend. Hoping it doesn't get coronavirus'ed off the calendar. But I don't think there's much danger of being within six feet of another human at a Revs game at Gillette in March, hey-o.

The first of many, I suspect.

Even has its own thread: