North American Pro Soccer 2020

Gothamite

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/8/2020 at 1:33 PM, GDAWG said:

FC Dallas doesn't even have 5,000 in attendance for regular games.  

Um, excuse me, but when I went to an FCD game, the hype package said there were 20,000 Texans there. That you would imply that they would lie is just shameful.

On the one hand, it's cool the MLS runs through the PNW. On the other, go to hell Portland. And if I'm an Orlando fan, I'm thrilled with how the tournament turned out.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I’m obviously sad, but still so proud of this team. Never in a million years did I expect any run like this. We‘ll be back. Well, actually we won’t, since this tournament isn’t happening again, but you know what I mean.

ExJworW.png

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Letting fans back into your stadium in a pandemic hotspot just to throw things at your players. Yikes, FC Dallas! 

Lifting from reddit, but it's a special kind of person who 1. will go see a soccer game during a pandemic and 2. denies the personhood of athletes of color. To that end, it kind of sounds like a flat circle. But also, in MLS! Not saying MLS has to necessarily be the woke league, but I expect far more "puto" than blue lives matter stuff.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

In my experience, the yuppie millennials that you see in the beer-soaked supporters sections and in MLS marketing are still about even or outnumbered by the minivan family youth-soccer set in the pricier seats.

Safety-wise... this doesn't look that much different than a normal FCD game, let's be real. I would consider going to games if they all looked like this, but only if the positive rate in my county was more like 1 percent, not 16 percent.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

My all-time favorite non-Sounders MLS player is returning once again to MLS, and I couldn't be more excited. I hope Cubo Torres' turn in Atlanta is more like his run with Chivas USA than with Houston.

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

So MLS has resumed regular season play......that's not going to last.

Dude, stop being so pessimistic here. The tournament worked out, didn't it? I have no reason to think this will fail.

4 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Dude, stop being so pessimistic here. The tournament worked out, didn't it? I have no reason to think this will fail.

That was because the tournament was in a controlled bubble.  What the MLS is doing with regular season play is what MLB is doing now: games in their own home stadiums.  

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

That was because the tournament was in a controlled bubble.  What the MLS is doing with regular season play is what MLB is doing now: games in their own home stadiums.  

Here's the kicker (no pun intended): The MLS doesn't play every day like MLB does. For example, FC Dallas and Nashville played yesterday and play each other once again on Sunday. That's three days for each team to hopefully tamp down any potential outbreaks.

5 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

USL has been playing with fans at some games. San Antonio FC is not having fans through August, and probably not through September either but teams are getting better at policing themselves to limit outbreaks. Austin had issues at the start but are playing games and not reporting anymore people getting quarantined. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, Seadragon76 said:

Here's the kicker (no pun intended): The MLS doesn't play every day like MLB does. For example, FC Dallas and Nashville played yesterday and play each other once again on Sunday. That's three days for each team to hopefully tamp down any potential outbreaks.

I hope so.  I would like for the MLS to finish their season.

Also....

USL hasn't had any real major issues. Some things pop up here and there, but nothing on the scale of MLB. As  @Seadragon76 said, a big thing is the break inbetween games.

MLB can do it, even with needing to reschedule a match or two. Wouldnt mind them doing a quasi Liga MX thing though and have a second tournament bubble, with the Portland facing the winner of the second tournament in the MLS Cup.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

The USL is also keeping its opponents to a minimum.  Each team is playing in pods of 4 or 5 teams against those opponents plus a couple games outside of the pod still within their conference.

Signature intentionally left blank

Archived