Gothamite

North American Pro Soccer 2020

Great name, still a lot of potential for that identity. But they need to hire a more competent press release copywriter immediately.

the Angel City name is aces, and I actually quite like the what I assume, temporary logo with a downwards facing triangle and the multiple color stripes behind.

Just now, element7ero said:

it's like this inverted triangle (Charlie's Angels say hello 😉) and the various color bars very much, but I think that's just the placeholder since there was no usual "describe the logo explainer"

Would be stoked if it was the real deal though!

Kristen Stewart Angel GIF by Charlie's Angels

On their shop and social media they do sometime have the name in the inverted triangle, but without the color bars.

WEAREANGELCITYhttps://store.weareangelcity.com/

https://www.instagram.com/WEAREANGELCITY/

https://twitter.com/WEAREANGELCITY

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmL3eLNeL2Ux5hh5tUHLzng

The USL Championship and USL League One Finals are now set. In League One, Union Omaha (first season) will play at the Greenville Triumph. In the Championship Tampa Bay Rowdies will host Phoenix Rising. Phoenix relinquished their right to host the final after a request to the USL office out of respect to the LGBTQ community following their incident against the San Diego Loyal in the final game of the season.

Phoenix Rising 2020 Hand Of God Champions. 

19 minutes ago, FiddySicks said:

Phoenix Rising 2020 Hand Of God Champions. 

Honestly Im just glad its not a fourth straight final appearance for Louisville. As an FC Cincinnati fan I still hold some grudges.

I know Phoenix will probably win but Im hoping for a Rowdie upset.

Also cheering for the Triumph in League One because of FCCs first coach John Harkes.

For loans, it's common in some places (England especially likes those clauses), but not for outright transfers.   It's weird, but I'm not exactly bothered if Kamara doesn't play on Wednesday, given the compressed schedule and his lack of production thusfar.  Mind you, that means that MNU has only one forward available since they sent Mason Toye to Montreal and Amarilla is still out injured.

I know OM did it when they loaned Cabella to ASSE so it exists in france

20 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Is this normal?

This isn't a loan, so no not really. 

Although there will be no fans tonight, FC Cincinnati will play their final game at Nippert Stadium tonight. The Nip has served as a great opening venue but now we look forward to our new West End Stadium next season.

spacer.png

Well it was a 1-0 loss at the hands of Sporting KC but a big moment was the return of a fan favorite, Jimmy McLaughlin. Jimmy is the only member left from our very first season in the USL in 2016. He was out all of last year, and most of this year for injury. Making his first appearance (coming in late as a sub) in two years, October 27, 2018. It was also his first MLS appearance since 2015 with the Philadelphia Union

Apparently the answer to having only one healthy striker is to sub him out in the second half then get an own goal for the winner.

Steven Goff of The Washington Post is reporting that D.C. United has held "informal" talks with former U.S. women's national soccer team head coach Jill Ellis about the Black-and-Red's head coaching vacancy. One of Goff's three sources for the story said that Ellis and the MLS club were "feeling each other out", while the other two indicated that Ellis was "impressive" enough that - should she be interested - she'd advance to the next stage of the process.

Jill Ellis speaks with D.C. United in informal interview about head coaching job     

18 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Although there will be no fans tonight, FC Cincinnati will play their final game at Nippert Stadium tonight. The Nip has served as a great opening venue but now we look forward to our new West End Stadium next season.

spacer.png

If this is from the game I think it's from then I was there. It's such a fantastic venue it's a shame it'll only be used for B-level D1 college football. It's basically a tailor-made soccer specific stadium already. I know the new stadium is going to rock, but I'm worried some of the magic will be lost. All the ingredients were the perfect stew and what happens when one thing is changed? 

6 hours ago, Sport said:

If this is from the game I think it's from then I was there. It's such a fantastic venue it's a shame it'll only be used for B-level D1 college football. It's basically a tailor-made soccer specific stadium already. I know the new stadium is going to rock, but I'm worried some of the magic will be lost. All the ingredients were the perfect stew and what happens when one thing is changed? 

I think some of the magic was lost with the move to MLS and the team going from first to worst. Covid isnt making it any better.

I love the failure of Cincy, makes me warm inside. Thought they were too good for the USL

MLS announced today they're going by PPG for the playoffs, which you figured was going to happen given not everybody plays the same number of games.