North American Pro Soccer 2020

Gothamite

That's an eyesore because of the obnoxious Heineken green branding everywhere but otherwise I think it's cool. Smart to use space like that, shove some suites in a corner of the stadium that makes for crappy normal seats. And it does stand out from the generic closed-in steel-box feel that all the other SSS's have.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/12/2020 at 8:12 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

CenturyLink is super cool when it's full, but that's like 4 times a year. I'm jealous of the new soccer-specific stadiums. They're really beautiful.

Is there anywhere in Seattle that could allow the Sounders to have that same gameday feel, like the March to the Match and a district that encompasses the stadium? I'd love for Seattle to have a stadium that still allows for that but I think it would have to be a bit away from the other stadiums. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is there anywhere in Seattle that could allow the Sounders to have that same gameday feel, like the March to the Match and a district that encompasses the stadium? I'd love for Seattle to have a stadium that still allows for that but I think it would have to be a bit away from the other stadiums. 

AXeoAYt_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

The marker is on Key/Climate Pledge Arena. Up and to the right is Memorial Stadium, a city-owned stadium that has been used for high school football and, until recently, the Seattle Reign.

You couldn't use or adapt the existing structure, and I doubt a new 20-30,000 seat stadium would fit in that blueprint, but if you could, it would be a great option.

Though just north of that are performing arts venues (ballet and opera), so maybe not.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

An open-air stadium in the very shadow of the Needle sounds amazing. 

Oh for sure. But that's also some of the most expensive land in the city and local city government is currently actively antagonistic to business interests. It would be an incredible idea, but would be dismissed out of hand pending a political sea change.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

No doubt it would be, but does the owning your own place/presumed artificial increase in demand and subsequent ticket prices make up for the construction cost/land acquisition/giving up the flexibility that CenturyLink has? I understand the rationale as to why a team-controlled SSS > NFL stadium but it's always seemed to me that Seattle might be a perfectly logical exception to that rule.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

23 hours ago, Digby said:

No doubt it would be, but does the owning your own place/presumed artificial increase in demand and subsequent ticket prices make up for the construction cost/land acquisition/giving up the flexibility that CenturyLink has? I understand the rationale as to why a team-controlled SSS > NFL stadium but it's always seemed to me that Seattle might be a perfectly logical exception to that rule.

Now that you say that, I really like the CenturyLink -- in contrast to a place like FedEx Field or even Husky Stadium -- gets used so damn much throughout the season. It's a true multi-purpose stadium in an era where those barely exist anymore.

I take it back. CenturyLink forever. Instead of being jealous of other cool stadiums, I'll just be happy with continued, sustained success of my team :)

I've adopted Orlando City as my backup team, but I'm reconsidering based on the irresponsibly large amount of fans are their stadium today.

On 11/10/2020 at 9:21 AM, Magic Dynasty said:

Subscribe.

On a good day this team can beat anyone, and even on a bad day we can draw most teams 1-1 and then win on penalties. Nani is exactly what we expected him to be when he signed, Mueller is finally putting his potential into actual performance, Dike is just crazy good, and there's plenty of other players I haven't mentioned, like Ruan (who might be my favorite City player of all time).

I really hope this is our year. It's all come together. With all that said, it would be so City to lose in the first round to NYCFC and that's what I'm expecting.

LOVE being right!!!! HOLY :censored: WE WON A PLAYOFF GAME OH MY GODDDDD

ExJworW.png

4 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

LOVE being right!!!! HOLY :censored: WE WON A PLAYOFF GAME OH MY GODDDDD

And you only had to win it like three times. Congratulations! Amazing, weird, and totally an MLS finish.

42 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

And you only had to win it like three times. Congratulations! Amazing, weird, and totally an MLS finish.

You’re right, that was the most MLS finish possible. Love it!

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I've adopted Orlando City as my backup team, but I'm reconsidering based on the irresponsibly large amount of fans are their stadium today.

It was announced 7,000, but I was there and it really looked like more than that. I’d say it was at least half full, which would be around 12,500. Sounded like it was full, too! 

Man, I just can’t believe that. Those types of games never go our way. Until now, at least. Wow!

ExJworW.png

Archived