Gothamite

North American Pro Soccer 2020

I was about to make Wondo jokes, but it seems like he kept SJ in it at the very end.

Bummer end for what seemed like a resurgent season for the Earthquakes. Not a single PK converted!

More MLS PK madness in Portland and -- amazingly -- Dallas gets past Portland following a 90-minute equalizer and scoreless extra time.

I always root for Seattle, but a close second is not Portland (and used to be not Galaxy). I feel like I've already won!

The Union are playing its first ever playoff game as a number 1 seed. 

I need some advice...how am I supposed to act??

5 hours ago, JayMac said:

The Union are playing its first ever playoff game as a number 1 seed. 

I need some advice...how am I supposed to act??

With fear in your heart that your team will inevitably blow it.

Nashville SC - an expansion team and the #7 seed out of the Eastern Conference - has pulled off a 1-0 upset of the #2 seed, three-time MLS Cup finalist, and 2017 league champions Toronto FC.

In the saga that is Real Salt Lake, Real Monarchs and Utah Royals sales, potential owners for the Royals who are bidding on the team want to move them to Kansas City. Although FC Kansas City technically folded, its players were allocated to Utah.

32 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

Nashville SC - an expansion team and the #7 seed out of the Eastern Conference - has pulled off a 1-0 upset of the #2 seed, three-time MLS Cup finalist, and 2017 league champions Toronto FC.

And now Seattle won't make the MLS Cup Final :(

I don't want to say that I told you so, but I'm gonna gesture just below this sentence.

8 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

With fear in your heart that your team will inevitably blow it.

23 minutes ago, Brian in Boston said:

And the #8 seed New England Revolution have ushered the 2020 Supporters' Shield-winning Philadelphia Union out of the MLS Cup Playoffs, 2-0.

Revenge for the Philly special?

that legit stunned me even as a Revs fan. New England as their best selves vs. a Philadelphia team that just looked sloppy and unmotivated. Booed off at halftime! Serves you right for letting people in your stadium, you goons!

9 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

How Hartford Whalers of Toronto FC to not make it past the 1st round.... 

Welp. That sucked. It did feel very familiar though. Like it was the Union of old out there last night!

[/startrant]
City played with 0 urgency the entire game. The one goal we got was super lucky. Nani directly cost us a goal by lying on the pitch and doing :censored:all while they went on a break and scored and then missed the later PK that would’ve tied the game. Kamal Miller was useless, he may as well have been a plastic dummy. Actually, that probably would’ve played better than he did. The refs sucked, although they did get one call right - that was definitely a red, what was he thinking lunging like that? And lastly screw r/MLS for being all “lmao have fun getting covid” when their states are doing worse than we are. GOD I’m salty. 

[/endrant]

Anyway now that I’m done with that, congrats to New England. They were the much better team today. Honestly? Go win the Cup. Or at least make it out of the East. Losing to the team that wins it all is worth something, right?

I’m sure all 2 Revs fans in New England are off the wall with this run they are on. 

Someone should let Kraft know his football team made the conference finals. 
No Kraft, the other football team you own. 

Didn't watch the games today once I saw Orlando was out of it, but I'm pumped for the possibility of Columbus playing for the title. They've been knocking on the door for a while and it'd be cool for them to get in.

Pretty fun final-four in the Eastern Conference. Good effort by Nashville but I've had enough success from expansion teams. Hopefully Columbus won't go into the next game with seven positive COVID tests again.

Nice to finally see the fully-formed version of the 2020 Revolution, even if it didn't happen til the playoffs. Good time for it. Also I enjoy this streak of them going on the road and knocking out these putz teams with fans in stadiums! Go home and don't breathe on anyone on your way!