North American Pro Soccer 2020

Gothamite

5 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Yeah, I just edited it.

When is the CanPL season anyways?  I would think adding an Ottawa team would be too late for 2020. 

I think, for reasons in your edited post, this makes things EASY. 4 games every week, and just eliminating bye weeks(if they were planned). Just plug in Ottawa where byes were going to be held.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

Yeah, I just edited it.

When is the CanPL season anyways?  I would think adding an Ottawa team would be too late for 2020. 

If the league plans on doing a split spring/fall season like last year the spring season began at the end of April to first week of May. Ive heard Ottawa might wait until the fall season to begin play. Last year the fall season began just after Canada Day.

Signature intentionally left blank

From what I’ve heard the CPL has both a 7 team and 8 team schedule ready to go.  

I believe, again from what I’ve heard, Ottawa has about a week to get it together or else the CPL will wait till next year to add them. 

Personally, and this is based on nothing other than my opinion, I think that it will happen for 2021. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 10:22 PM, mr.negative15 said:

From what I’ve heard the CPL has both a 7 team and 8 team schedule ready to go.  

I believe, again from what I’ve heard, Ottawa has about a week to get it together or else the CPL will wait till next year to add them. 

Personally, and this is based on nothing other than my opinion, I think that it will happen for 2021. 

That is a smart idea from them.  Sometimes these leagues will add a team for their upcoming season with no regard for scheduling. 

The smart play is that Ottawa should not play until 2021.  It gives them time to properly build their team. 

2 hours ago, GDAWG said:

I hope it doesn't happen.

I'm fine with it. When Vegas collapses due to lack of water they'll have to look elsewhere. You know who has tons of water, including a bigass river running right beside it? That's right, Little Rock, baby!

On 1/22/2020 at 12:44 AM, Red Wolf said:

I'm fine with it. When Vegas collapses due to lack of water they'll have to look elsewhere. You know who has tons of water, including a bigass river running right beside it? That's right, Little Rock, baby!

I applaud your persistence, sir! 😁

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, Corvus said:

Guess the CPL is announcing team #8 soon. Tomorrow maybe. 

Came to post the same thing. 
glad to see it’s worked out in time for this year. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

1 hour ago, Corvus said:

Yep. 

Is it? I don't mean to be a stickler or a sarcastic.....I'm asking if I missed something.

I mean, all signs point to it but I haven't heard any confirmation. 

I don't want to quote myself twice in one day (poor form) but to answer my own question, yes, I did miss something.

Expect Ottawa to be announced next week.

@Corvus

13 minutes ago, Jer15 said:

I don't want to quote myself twice in one day (poor form) but to answer my own question, yes, I did miss something.

Expect Ottawa to be announced next week.

@Corvus

Some subtle tweets by other CPL clubs. So, I guess not confirming the Atheltico involvement, but confirmation of a new Ontario based team. 

Pacific FC tweeting at their Ontario based supporters account:

York 9 FC:

Yeah,

I really should have googled first, lol. 

Also heard that the trademark for Athletico Canadians (which is assumed to be the parent company name, not the team name) was applied for. 

Heard that tidbit on this podcast: 

Archived