Nfl hockey x-over thread

IronChefShark

SHARK - great work on all of these concepts. my fav so far is the lions and the jets. the pats alt. is awesome with the stick. keep up the great work!

oh and i dont see ne thing wrong with the sle? u said it has broken links but i see them all working fine ???

untitled-1.png

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Saints one is fine, I like your use of the fleurs-de-lis, but the ones on the gold trim really don't need the outline. Just black fleurs-de-lis would be fine. By keeping the outline, it forces you to make them larger (so that they're still recognizable), and thereby forcing you to increase the size of the gold trim portion (which is a little big IMO).

once again syphi, you suggest something I allready tried. the solid black fleur de lis on the trim gave it a cheesy, cheap looking silk screen effect. by using the outlines it give that embroidered look, which is what I wanted. the gold trim itself is intended to be that thick to begin with. I wanted this one to look simple, however not boring.

Okay, fair enough. I still stick by the position that it looks a little busy... did you try just a solid white ouline? That might work as well. Don't let my nitpickyness overshadow the fact that I think the work you've done here is wonderful. I just happen to have the gift/affliction of seeing the little things, or perhaps just the feeling like I have to voice these opinions of mine.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

just uploaded these two to the NOW ALPHABETIZED BY CITY list!

Eagles - used the flyers alternate template and I am very happy with how it turned out. I did something a little daring with the helmets though. most of you may or may not like it

Bills - yet another jumbled mess that has been discussed. however this look translates better to a hockey set then a football set. I didnt use the side panel stripes though.

most of you may or may not like it

Reminds me of my Social Studies teacher last year...

We took a field trip to the MO capital Jefferson City, and she said something like this, "You guys need to be very careful, all these buildings or either private or public." And then we needed to use another teachers room one time, "Be careful, every thing in her room is hers."

Anway, thanks for Alphabetizing them.

I really like the Eagles, helmet included. The sleeves give a wingish feel. The Bills works. I would recommend using the shoulder panels like the Blues (but without stripes) as those match closer what their football jerseys have.

The Bills works. I would recommend using the shoulder panels like the Blues (but without stripes) as those match closer what their football jerseys have.

but it would have looked wierd with the piping, which is why I went with the rounded panels. also is remeniscent of the old sabres home jerseys (minus the evil blue and yellow of course)

The Bills works. I would recommend using the shoulder panels like the Blues (but without stripes) as those match closer what their football jerseys have.

but it would have looked wierd with the piping, which is why I went with the rounded panels. also is remeniscent of the old sabres home jerseys (minus the evil blue and yellow of course)

Good reasons, although the piping would have looked similar to what they had, so I dunno about weird. Eitherway, you have good reasons, plus what you have looks good anyway. You seem to always be right anyway lol, but I try...

just added three more

Bengals - I was stumped on this one for a while because I wanted something that wouldnt look too much like sabres7200's concept. So I added alternating black terminating lines on the orange to give the effect of tiger stripes without actually being tiger stripes.

Ravens - I used the head-on view raven head as the crest and the side view w/ the B on the shoulders ( I know one of the shoulder logos has a backwards B okay. I was just too lazy to fix it and its a small detail that shouldnt bother anyone  :P  ) . I used striping similar to the nashville predators third but without the gussets and the square neck

Vikings - only fitting I used the Team Norway template with the addition of stripes at the lower hem. very simple design. I wanted to incorporate the horn logos but I couldnt find a place to put them ( I wanted the name on the helmets because I couldnt fit it under the collar)

The Pats' alternates are great, however I would have loved to see a total throw back ditching the silver and going with Seals-esque roller derby stripes in white and blue.  And great job with the football to hockey stick switch!

I would have loved to see a total throw back ditching the silver and going with Seals-esque roller derby stripes in white and blue.

I dont do "total" throwbacks. I do modernized throwbacks!

keep in mind people, I do what I LIKE, not what YOU GUYS like!  :P  besides, most everyone's "suggestions" end up looking bad anyways! (right STL?  :;): )

all 32 home and road sets are complete now with these additions:

Panthers: loosely based on the penguins template. the full body panther adorns the shoulders, and yes there is a CAROLINA BLUE alternate jersey!

Colts: eh, I did my best to keep it from being a maple leafs clone. I extended the color on the cuffs in order to accomplish that and I went with the rangers style placement of the team script. the horseshoe is on the shoulders

Jaguars: loosely based on the Team Belarus template. head is the crest, full body jag is on the shoulders. Also made the black alternate jersey

Buccaneers: BRUCE IS DEAD AND HE AINT COMING BACK OKAY!  :P . I know most of you are against slanted striping, but I felt the Mighty Ducks template would work well here to give it that "pirate sash" effect. It probably would have looked better without the pewter under the striping, but I felt obligated to include the pewter somewhere, and I was NOT about to make a pewter hockey helmet and pants!

Actually, the pewter looks really good there.  But, I'm envisioning the stripe pattern you used coming to a point at the bottom, a la Calgary, and I'm liking the vision.

Not that you care what any of us think, of course.  :D

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Bucs' sweaters came out great!  I think the Ducks' template was a good choice.

Any chance you might consider a "heritage collection" for the  NY Titans, Dallas Texans and Houston Oilers or a set of prototypes for the St. Louis Stallions and Baltimore Bombers?

just added two alternate jerseys with that throwback feel:

Chargers: yes, its POWDER BLUE! and it has SAN DIEGO in the diagonal placement. You guys are gonna love it!

Redskins: yeah, that logo looks a little awkward as a hockey crest, but I couldnt figure out any better way to use it. Also, if anyone knows where I could get that "R" logo the coaches wear on thier hats let me know, because I want to put that on the shoulders.

and to answer your question yhollander, NOT A CHANCE!!  :)

this is better then a bump. this is informent that two more alternate jerseys have been added

saints - yes, its gold. I used habs-style belly striping in white outlined in black. that way the black numbers would be legible

broncos - its mainly a reverse of the road jersey, but the modernized D logo is the crest and the bronco head is on the shoulders

Archived