Nike x MLB 2020 Recolorings & Tweaks Mini-Series

MJD7

Hello,

With Nike's recent release of images of the 2020 home uniforms for Major League Baseball, I decided to experiment with Paint.NET for the first time (thanks to @Victormrey), and see what I could possibly do to fix some of the uniforms across MLB with simple color changes. I adjusted what I could for each of the 30 clubs, resulting in what I think is an improved home uniform for some teams, or a new alternate option for others. After I show my one favorite design for each team, I'd be open to taking requests of things you all would like to see. Without further ado, we'll start off today with the AL West:

The Astros flip the colors of the wordmark on their orange alternate.

M01IXDo.jpg

The Angels get a refreshed home uniform that is heavy with an angelic athletic gold.

jfzU9k7.jpg

Kelly green makes its glorious return for the A's.

jddKhDj.jpg

The Mariners get a refreshed teal-heavy wordmark, along with teal piping for that extra "pop."

QIzuiN8.jpg

The Rangers remove their double-outline on the homes for a cleaner script look.

iCVu0qV.jpg

That's what I've got for now, I'd love to hear what you think!

The AL Central will be up next.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Griffinmarlins said:

Great job on the Rangers. Giving the wordmark a single outline gives it a much more professional look. That Mariners jersey is amazing though. I'd buy it in a heartbeat. 

Thank you! I agree, the M's would be much improved if they just emphasized teal a little bit more than they do now.

22 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

It looks pretty good! The only complaint I think I have is that the Rangers home might look better with a front number. But otherwise I like it!

19 hours ago, simtek34 said:

Rangers: Add Front Numbers

Thanks! Here's the Rangers jersey with a front number:

ftvBDk1.jpg

Astros: Would like to see an Orange-Heavy version of the White Jersey

Here's a look, I quite like it!

JXRZYBx.jpg

Angels: Switch out the Yellow for Navy

Here's navy in place of athletic gold, I took the liberty of making the piping silver to match the halos.

RHFsewl.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys!

18 hours ago, AusGiant said:

A's back in kelly green.. 😍

That template is sweet btw, so clean. Would it be ok if you could post it for personal use?

Thanks! I’d give you the template if I could, but there’s actually no template involved... I just used the image’s from Nike’s release of the home uniforms, as linked in the original post. 

Moving on to the AL Central!

The White Sox have a pretty much perfect home uniform as-is, so I did just about the only thing I could: a 1950's fauxback.

1zoW3Wj.jpg

Another small tweak, but this is how I think the Indians red alt should have been handled.

9E1tMWx.jpg

The Tigers just infuse a little bit of orange into their classic home set.

mKHv7iq.jpg

The Royals add a little bit more gold by using it in the striping and the swoosh, eliminating their unnecessary alternate home jersey.

VXQ9TKY.jpg

The Twins do what I wish they'd done from the beginning, and they lighten the gold from a near burnt-orange to a more off-white/sand shade.

BhWuucb.jpg

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Sox: reverse the colors on the Sox logo

Indians: Numbers please

Royals: Gold Word mark on blue jersey 

Twins: Move the wordmark slightly to the right

Detroit: maybe some lines on the sleeve to make it less..... plain

Overall Good Work!

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

On 12/21/2019 at 12:15 AM, coco1997 said:

Great work all around. I’m in love with that Tigers jersey!

Thank you! I agree, the Tigers are one of my favorites.

On 12/21/2019 at 12:23 PM, Eastport76 said:

Can you move the Twins script? It look way off-centre. I suggest replace the gold with lighter blue. And absolutely I loved that Tigers jersey. I know Tigers had classic uniforms but they’re so boring. that jersey is exactly they should’ve look.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to move the Twins script without it looking really rough. In my opinion, switching gold and light blue would only work if I switch the navy & the red in the wordmark, so here's a look:

fLndspS.jpg

22 hours ago, Section30 said:

All of these look great so far, I would also suggest powder blue for the twins and also maybe switching the navy and red in the script more like their Metrodome era unis

Thank you, here's a look at a powder blue fauxback, similar to the jersey the team is wearing in the upcoming year:

WXOIuj4.jpg

21 hours ago, Blindsay said:

Royals: Gold Word mark on blue jersey 

A blue alternate jersey is a good idea, so here are a couple options:

afD0TgR.jpg

sxLQlIq.jpg

Thank you all for your suggestions!

On 12/23/2019 at 2:56 PM, MJD7 said:

Thank you! I agree, the Tigers are one of my favorites.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to move the Twins script without it looking really rough. In my opinion, switching gold and light blue would only work if I switch the navy & the red in the wordmark, so here's a look:

fLndspS.jpg

Thank you, here's a look at a powder blue fauxback, similar to the jersey the team is wearing in the upcoming year:

WXOIuj4.jpg

A blue alternate jersey is a good idea, so here are a couple options:

afD0TgR.jpg

sxLQlIq.jpg

Thank you all for your suggestions!

For the Twins, i think keeping the gold/cream accent would be best (specifically a color that matches the stadium exterior color).  For the Royals, I prefer option #2, but i think the sleeve logo should be the primary logo version with a white outline to it.  They all look really solid though, cant wait for what you do to the Brewers!

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

On 12/25/2019 at 12:54 AM, itsmb8 said:

For the Twins, i think keeping the gold/cream accent would be best (specifically a color that matches the stadium exterior color).  For the Royals, I prefer option #2, but i think the sleeve logo should be the primary logo version with a white outline to it.  They all look really solid though, cant wait for what you do to the Brewers!

Are you referring to the powder blue jersey keeping the gold accents? As for the Royals sleeve logo, I agree, I’ll try to figure out a way to accomplish that.

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Are you referring to the powder blue jersey keeping the gold accents? As for the Royals sleeve logo, I agree, I’ll try to figure out a way to accomplish that.

I was talking about them both tbh.  The powder blue is a solid alt look for the Twins IMO, but I think gold would look better as the middle piping color on both jerseys.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

On 12/26/2019 at 7:34 PM, itsmb8 said:

I was talking about them both tbh.  The powder blue is a solid alt look for the Twins IMO, but I think gold would look better as the middle piping color on both jerseys.

Apologies for the late reply, but I finally figured out a way to have the gold as the accent color on the powder blue jersey, so here's a look at both of them:

MCmcKTx.jpg

vlqt39q.jpg

I also figured out how to add a white outline to the Royals patch on the blue alternate, and I think it looks much better:

sDCD12Y.jpg

I'd love to hear what you think.

And now we have the AL East!

The Orioles flip the wordmark colors around on their orange alternate to differentiate from the Giants, and to better match the home cap.

qvhCJoM.jpg

The Red Sox go with the oft-suggested switch from navy to forest green.

6VOUvJf.jpg

There's not much you can do to mess with the iconic Yankees home pinstripes, so here it is: road pinstripes.

dLkEroS.jpg

The Rays switching to columbia blue piping does wonders to improve their dated uniform set.

E4hnNyv.jpg

The Jays uniforms are perfect as-is, so here's a navy jersey that would presumably kept to Spring Training games and BP.

DzOs5od.jpg

Let me know what you think!

O’s: too much space between the I and the o.

Sox: Red on Forest Green?!

Yanks: You’re good.

Rays: Light Blue Word-mark?

Jays: Slightly move the wordmark right.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Archived