Nike x MLB 2020 Recolorings & Tweaks Mini-Series

MJD7

Moving on to the National League, starting again with the West!

The Diamondbacks flip the colors around on the wordmark, and embrace turquoise full-time in place of sand.

xCCgUNd.jpg

The Rockies make the move most of us here would have wanted from the beginning, the purple is embraced and takes the place of black in the wordmark and logo.

cRAGtIz.jpg

The Dodgers are another team with a perfect home uniform, so about all there is to do is to reverse the colors and make a home blue alternate. 

gZNUXbb.jpg

Now that the Padres are back in brown, I won't be doing anything to go back away from that! I just changed the background color to brown in place of navy.

v8MAfA6.jpg

The Giants lose the unnecessary gold drop-shadow and thus receive a slightly cleaner look.

mIdb6Jm.jpg

C+C is appreciated as always, thanks for checking this out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realized I forgot to change the title of the thread before, but here now is the NL Central!

Chicago Cubs: City Edition.

ZL29y7T.jpg

Here is one of the smallest tweaks that makes one of the biggest differences: the Reds drop black.

69I1TvC.jpg

This is what the Brewers would have looked like if they went all the way back to royal blue.

zQLv4aa.jpg

A black Pirates alternate without white outlines gives it a Raiders-like intimidation factor which I love.

aq5RjMU.jpg

There's not much to do with the Cardinals' decidedly perfect home jerseys, so I just switched out the navy for dark purple try & give them a more unique scheme.

742NkGz.jpg

Any comments or suggestions about the NL so far would be great!

11 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I realized I forgot to change the title of the thread before, but here now is the NL Central!

Chicago Cubs: City Edition.

ZL29y7T.jpg

Here is one of the smallest tweaks that makes one of the biggest differences: the Reds drop black.

69I1TvC.jpg

This is what the Brewers would have looked like if they went all the way back to royal blue.

zQLv4aa.jpg

A black Pirates alternate without white outlines gives it a Raiders-like intimidation factor which I love.

aq5RjMU.jpg

There's not much to do with the Cardinals' decidedly perfect home jerseys, so I just switched out the navy for dark purple try & give them a more unique scheme.

742NkGz.jpg

Any comments or suggestions about the NL so far would be great!

Just great, now im starting to question if navy was the right move for the Brewers....

xD  Seriously though, fantastic job!

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

On 1/22/2020 at 4:03 AM, itsmb8 said:

Just great, now im starting to question if navy was the right move for the Brewers....

On 1/22/2020 at 9:10 AM, coco1997 said:

That Brewers jersey is fantastic!

Thanks! As an added bonus, here is the current Brewers uniform if they hopped in on the powder blue trend!

beulCX0.jpg

On 1/22/2020 at 12:38 PM, Eastport76 said:

Sorry, but a not a fan of green for my Red Sox. They look like belong to a Christmas event. Navy is a much better colour and a traditionally colour so they used it for decades. 

Sorry.

P.S. I love the navy ST/BP for Blue Jays.

I understand where you're coming from. This series is just for the fun of ideas, predicated on a requirement that every team change somehow. I would never suggest the Red Sox actually switch to green, or the Cardinals switch to purple, but it's fun to at least try & see what it would look like. If you have any other suggestions of what you'd like to see me do, feel free to let me know.

As another powder blue bonus, here's what I would've done with the Jays' alternate.

TsKtdDQ.jpg

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Thanks! As an added bonus, here is the current Brewers uniform if they hopped in on the powder blue trend!

beulCX0.jpg

Im gonna be honest, you actually shouldnt have done that lmao.  I was one of the biggest advocates for a powder blue uniform for the Brewers hoping they added one in their rebrand, so seeing this really hurts!  

At least I can create it myself in The Show haha

On 12/18/2019 at 2:26 PM, MJD7 said:

Here's navy in place of athletic gold, I took the liberty of making the piping silver to match the halos.

RHFsewl.jpg

Thanks for the feedback guys!

The silver piping idea is fantastic. Not sure about the patches (I think the regular/current patches are pretty lame already)...but great work nonetheless on this, and others.

Huge fan of 90% of these concepts. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 1/22/2020 at 3:03 AM, itsmb8 said:

I'm sure they were afraid going back to royal would cannibalize sales of their retro stuff.  Now they basically still have 2 completely different sets of merchandise to sell, and in 2 different color schemes.

1 minute ago, mjd77 said:

I'm sure they were afraid going back to royal would cannibalize sales of their retro stuff.  Now they basically still have 2 completely different sets of merchandise to sell, and in 2 different color schemes.

Oh yeah, no doubt about that.  But i meant from a pure aesthetic standpoint, royal might be just as good as navy here.

On 1/28/2020 at 1:49 PM, mjd77 said:

On 1/28/2020 at 1:51 PM, itsmb8 said:

Oh yeah, no doubt about that.  But i meant from a pure aesthetic standpoint, royal might be just as good as navy here.

I've said before, while I think the Brewers rebrand was a giant step forward, I don't think it's the end game.

I still maintain that navy blue vs. NL teams and royal blue vs. AL teams is the ideal direction for the Brewers. 

On 1/26/2020 at 2:33 AM, itsmb8 said:

Im gonna be honest, you actually shouldnt have done that lmao.  I was one of the biggest advocates for a powder blue uniform for the Brewers hoping they added one in their rebrand, so seeing this really hurts!  

At least I can create it myself in The Show haha

Haha, thank you! I think as much as I like the powder blue, it's probably best they left it out of the main set (after all, it leaves more room for throwbacks).

On 1/26/2020 at 5:22 AM, Black Dragon said:

Ill Would like to see the braves In Royal and one of the jerseys in powder blue 

I'll be able to show you the Braves in royal blue after I post the main sets in the NL East!

On 1/27/2020 at 1:41 PM, WSU151 said:

The silver piping idea is fantastic. Not sure about the patches (I think the regular/current patches are pretty lame already)...but great work nonetheless on this, and others.

Huge fan of 90% of these concepts. 

Thanks. I don't like the double patches either, but it's just one of those things I don't have the ability to remove without it looking weird.

I appreciate the support!

On 1/27/2020 at 11:22 PM, NicDB said:

So am I... and I wanted navy!

On 1/28/2020 at 10:16 AM, AnthPollock- said:

Very nice job. 

Thank you both!

On 1/28/2020 at 2:49 PM, mjd77 said:

On 1/28/2020 at 2:51 PM, itsmb8 said:

15 hours ago, NicDB said:

I've said before, while I think the Brewers rebrand was a giant step forward, I don't think it's the end game.

I still maintain that navy blue vs. NL teams and royal blue vs. AL teams is the ideal direction for the Brewers. 

In my opinion, both aesthetically and financially, navy was the right move for the Brewers at this point in the franchise. It clearly seems to me that their end goal was to combine all of their past looks into one cohesive set, and I think navy helps honor the Motre Bame and Miller Park sets well in that regard.

The NL East should be up later today! 

And now we move on to the last division, the NL East!

Here's how I would've handled the new Braves navy alt, to better resemble the iconic cap.

02TcxjB.jpg

I honestly could recolor the entire Marlins set to make an improvement, but to me having a blue alternate was the most essential.

9KBakkw.jpg

The Mets home uniform is pretty much perfect, so I tried the black and pink scheme that never was.

YKne6B6.jpg

The Phils go the obvious route back to maroon, with a dash of powder.

7tp4cOs.jpg

There wasn't really much to do with the Nationals' mediocre (in my opinion) home uniform, so I just switched out red for gold to give them their World Series celebratory jersey.

iIi6FQK.jpg

That's about all I've got for the main jerseys, thanks for following along on this mini-series! I'll be posting some bonus recolorings in the coming days, as well as taking any requests you guys have.

Love the Marlins look.  While I can live with the current red accent, the blue should at minimum be used for an alternate and not relegated to a ST/BP jersey.  It's a complete waste of their most unique color (barring a switch from red to pink).

Atlanta: Nice

Miami: blue on black?

Mets: Orange jersey please

Phils : Powder Blue on Maroon

Nats: maybe some gold lining instead on straight up replacing the red w/ gold?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

Archived