An updated classic Capitals logo?

Retromaniac

yea not all 'classic' logos are great enough for a team to go back to. what is so great about it? it has no sign that it is a team from the Washington DC area, nor incorporates the name 'Capitals' properly. it's just an italicized wordmark with a hockey stick for a t. I'm not too big on retro/throwback, but my example of a classy logo would be the detroit redwings and the atlanta hawks' hawk head in a circle/pacman look.

The Capitals Eagle logo is possibly the worst logo, other than the Fisherman.

The Capital Dome logo, is possiply the best one i've seen in my days. I'd like to see a return to Red-white-blue, but even that's not needed.

They need to ditch the eagle, and go with the Dome full time.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

They need to ditch the eagle, and go with the Dome full time.

That is exactly the opposite feeling I have. The dome logo isn't a good design. Plus, hey, I know, let's slap the team name across it!

The black jerseys are horribly ugly. The blue jerseys were near-perfection. The eagle is a fantastic logo.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The eagle logo is so awful, how can you sit there and laud a logo that has an eagle with one, HUGELY disproportioned wing, is badly executed, and just screams "1995 fad". And the jerseys? With that huge flippin angled stripe that had "Capitals" on it? (until they finally got rid of it) Blech. That's not perfection. That jersey isin't even worthy of the AHL.

Time to wipe the slate clean, start fresh with the Caps.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I love all the recent designs. The eagle logo is not supposed to look exactly like a real eagle, but more a facsimilie to build a sort of Washington theme upon. The five bronze stars and the talon works great. The "sash" is a perfect touch as it gives that VIP vibe to the wearer, like a sash normally does, and it complements the eagle logo very well. And utilizes just enough black in it to warrant the use of black pants. The blue version of this jersey was also fantastic.

But, they are both trumped by the ultimate brilliance of the black jersey. Black is the one jersey color that can't be done bad, even if a team doesn't use it, so nothing too horrible can come from it if you got something good to start it with. The logo is another perfect representation of Washington, this time going with a more literal theme than a subliminal one. That bronze dazzle..damn it's beautiful, and it's contrasted with white and capital blue to offset it so perfectly. If there is one jersey I'd love to own more than any other jersey, even if I'm not a real fan of the team, it's the black Captials jersey. Greatest jersey of all time!

The letter and number sets are fantastic. Traditional looking while being different from the rest of the league.

The Capitals don't need to be red, white and blue. That's for everday America. This is Washington. They are the colors of the oval office, the most important place in the Capital.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived