2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

12 hours ago, squamfan said:

Based in the Canucks rumour this what they do and it’s hot garbagespacer.png

How does the addition of green to the Orca look good here?  It never looks good.

Unlike on the 2001 jersey, the gradient looks tolerable here.  No unwanted purple.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

How does the addition of green to the Orca look good here?  It never looks good.

Unlike on the 2001 jersey, the gradient looks tolerable here.  No unwanted purple.

I'm not sure, but the green does look ok in this context. I'm pleasantly surprised.

The blue-green gradient works quite well but overall it's a pass from me, if that is in fact what they're doing. Great concept artwork.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

15 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Someone on Reddit made a mockup of a purple Peyote, like a lot of us Coyotes fans are speculating their Reverse Retro will be;

spacer.png

And it looks pretty friggin' nice.

As much as I love purple with a bright orange, I hope the orange is more like copper as in this mockup.

10 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Tampa Bay - A blue version of this just has potential to look good.

spacer.png

If thats the jersey they end up reversing (Im still holding out little hope for the Storm alternate), at least slap the current primary or shoulder logo on the front.  

Alas, I dont know if ill buy one of these.

14 hours ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

I dunno, Avs, Rangers, and Canes have a shot at something truly great, based on the guesses from the mothership. Kings and Bolts...is there such a thing as tastefully gaudy?

The only three I'm expecting to lay an egg are the Preds, Isles, and Sabres. I'm probably just setting expectations for Nashville low. No room to disappoint, only to exceed. Their WCs were decent, but I only tolerate the current roads and hate the homes.

I'd expect Nashville to go with a yellow version of their inaugural jersey.

2 hours ago, Ricky_Roby said:

Very cool Senators jersey concept on Reddit from user DastardlyRidleylash, it's the Sens jersey I never knew I wanted.

Hope the final product is not too far from this:

e26jww8xwiy51.png?width=960&crop=smart&a

I'd assume that's the same @Ridleylash as the one here?

And yeah, I like that concept a lot. However it'd probably look better with white numbers.

ExJworW.png

Had an amazing break through, but what if the Habs did a blue version of their away jerseys? Everyone assumes that they HAVE to flip their home jersey, but the away jersey could be flipped to have a blue base and look damn good as well.

Someone on Twitter had a wordpress blog with all 31 mockups, and the Stars concept was a solid white jersey with a green single-line star pattern. It looked pretty good, as well, though maybe too much emphasis on white. Now I can't find the blog lol

edit found it:

https://jerseynerds.wordpress.com/2020/11/10/predicting-all-31-reverse-retro-designs/

JkOiFki.png

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So it won't be an orange and black version of Wild Wing after all, but it makes sense that they wouldn't do that when they already have an orange Mighty Ducks jersey in rotation. Wild Wing busting through a green sheet of ice will probably look weird (no weirder than the jersey already is, I guess), but I wonder if they'll recolour the logo(?) to have him wearing the purple uniform.

A red version of the '92 Sens uniform to go with their new/old set should look great. Blues and Blue Jackets in red uniforms already feels wrong, but maybe not as much as the Red Wings with barely any red. After seeing @Ridleylash's post earlier in the thread I already think a purple version of the Coyotes desertscape jersey will look better than the original. And with Minnesota fans pining for the North Stars I think it's fair to throw them a bone with a green and gold Wild jersey.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

41 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

JkOiFki.png

yea i saw that yesterday while looking around the internet for other Stars mockups so I didn't repeat someone's work. It's a decent look, but i agree that it's too much white. you lose too much of the original look with that much abstraction, imo.

The ‘97 on the Penguins teaser is throwing me off. Based on the leak we know it’s going to be a white diagonal script jersey but the black one was last used during the 96/97 season. Seems odd since most other teasers feature the year the jersey debuted. 

Archived