2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

That prediction's also wrong; if they do the star, it'll be the exact same template with the modern colors; so it'd be more like this, if anything;

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

5faa39aafbe2c0895f49c1e4_1109-nyr-ebay.j

Not a Reverse Retro; this is probably that scrapped third we heard of before. The teaser used red numbers with a silver outline for the Rangers, not plain white; and nobody on the current team is wearing #27, but McDonagh did before being traded to Tampa.

14 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The Ducks’ alternate in 2018-19 used jade just fine, plus adidas made all the historical warm up jerseys that year with no issues. 

I have one of the black 25th 3rds. Though I don't have anything to compare it to other than a hat. Probably just people using the wrong name for the color has me off a bit.

10 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

As much as I like the current home and roads, this jersey style in gold and white would have been a perfect set for the Knights too...

Well, those are the colors of the original that doesn't exist. Remember, this is a retro reverse of the jersey that doesn't exist.

15 minutes ago, M4One said:

Anyone know why Vegas is throwing back to 95 of all years?  1993 was the first for the Thunder and 99 was the last.

They are one of the teams along with Boston and Philly that I haven't figured out why they picked those particular years.

Boston was in the Finals in 1990, so that's probably why.

Vegas is better than the gold alt. And I agree it could have been a good template for the regular set but that ones alright. 

15 minutes ago, M4One said:

Anyone know why Vegas is throwing back to 95 of all years?  1993 was the first for the Thunder and 99 was the last.

They are one of the teams along with Boston and Philly that I haven't figured out why they picked those particular years.

For Boston I’m assuming it’s because it’s the only era they haven’t thrown back to lately. Sure they have a lot of looks throughout the 30s to 50s but none of them were substantial for their history. And given the only other option was the pre-Edge set they made the right choice 

39 minutes ago, M4One said:

1995-96 was the most successful season for the Las Vegas Thunder. 57-17-0-8. 

7 hours ago, habsfan9 said:

spacer.png

This should be their alternate jersey, not that gold monstrosity. 

I can't get over how good their logo looks on a red background... or how great the number treatment looks.

6 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

This is a nicer Flames jersey than what the Flames had been wearing until this offseason

Definitely seeing the 2004 Flames in the design.  It's nice seeing the return of diagonal stripes.

10 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

Also very similar to the Penguins' sweaters of his first 2-3 seasons in the NHL - he's worn this template a lot, it would seem. :P 
ShgaHPZ.png

I've always been bothered by the fact that the triangle on the logo is gold with a black or white outline, but the triangle on the sweaters is white/black with a gold outline. I get that black was probably the way to go on the white jersey, but why not at least make it gold on the black one?