2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, mcj882000 said:

Also very similar to the Penguins' sweaters of his first 2-3 seasons in the NHL - he's worn this template a lot, it would seem. :P 
ShgaHPZ.png

The Screaming Eagles then actually went to this exact template in 2006!

spacer.png

spacer.png

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

13 hours ago, RyanMcD29 said:

I like pretty much every jersey that's been leaked except for Philly. We might be getting a league-wide jersey program that doesn't suck for a change?

most of them should be pretty good, but as for the team we root for, prepare to be VERY underwhelmed.

sig2024.png

22 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I'd expect Nashville to go with a yellow version of their inaugural jersey.

That's fully what I expect, but the moves on helmets and jerseys they've made in recent years shows they have no concept of balance. They tend to go overboard on the yellow whenever they have the opportunity. their 11-17 homes needed just a little tweaking and additional navy, and they could have had a perfect look. Instead, they headed in the opposite direction and wound up with the worst main jersey they've ever worn, IMO.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

1 hour ago, BeerGuyJordan said:

That's fully what I expect, but the moves on helmets and jerseys they've made in recent years shows they have no concept of balance. They tend to go overboard on the yellow whenever they have the opportunity. their 11-17 homes needed just a little tweaking and additional navy, and they could have had a perfect look. Instead, they headed in the opposite direction and wound up with the worst main jersey they've ever worn, IMO.

The Predators' yellow helmets go naturally with their yellow sweaters. Matter of fact, yellow-gold should be their light colour like it was for the Kings and Canucks back in the 70s and 80s. The Preds could then use a navy set for their darks. White sweaters have white helmets. Yellow sweaters have yellow helmets. A little variety in light-coloured uniforms and I'm very happy that the Predators embraced yellow including the helmets.

1 hour ago, VancouverFan69 said:

The Predators' yellow helmets go naturally with their yellow sweaters. Matter of fact, yellow-gold should be their light colour like it was for the Kings and Canucks back in the 70s and 80s. The Preds could then use a navy set for their darks. White sweaters have white helmets. Yellow sweaters have yellow helmets. A little variety in light-coloured uniforms and I'm very happy that the Predators embraced yellow including the helmets.

We'll have to agree to disagree. If they were using yellow as their away color it would be a completely different conversation, and yellow helmets would make more sense. That's not what they're doing, though.

Using yellow helmets with their old set was still a move in the wrong direction for a home set, as I believe the navy looked better. When they went with a look that has minimal navy, as part of the Adidas move, they almost certainly should have moved back to navy helmets. The current look has no sense of balance or restraint.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

This is definitely one of the better promotions the NHL has done. It's fun without being over the top. Teams can be gaudy and embrace the weird without diluting their brands. And we're going to get some genuinely good uniforms out of this, I think. I'm almost certain at least one team will have the jersey become a fan favorite and will see it become the center of a rebrand in the coming years.

Edited because Roger already posted all of them...

These all look really nice. Great program for jersey collectors.

I might need to get a new credit card. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived