squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

33 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

No but if they are going to wear them on the ice, even for a one off game, it makes sense to model them on the players. People are going to be far more interested in buying a jersey they actually see on a hockey player.

It feels like some marketing departments have been focusing more on jerseys as streetwear lately. It reminds me of the way the Canucks released their updated set last year: https://50thcollection.canucks.com/ 

51 minutes ago, kw11333 said:

Anyone have any idea to what logo the Flames are going to have on the chest? The Flaming horse would just be a straight up throwback

It's obviously going to be an inverted Alberta flag.

16 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

It feels like some marketing departments have been focusing more on jerseys as streetwear lately. It reminds me of the way the Canucks released their updated set last year: https://50thcollection.canucks.com/ 

The Sabres and Flames did a much, much better job in their uniform releases compared to the Canucks who had a bunch of youth with glum looks on their faces modeling the new sweaters and gear.

These are going to look amazing. Will Calgary go with the podium jersey but in black?

Reverse Retro Teaser Photos Released for NHL’s Pacific Division Teams

November 12, 2020 - 19:47 PM

Adidas and the NHL continue their sneak peeks into their new Reverse Retro jersey series, what we believe is the addition of a third (or fourth) uniform to all 31 of the league’s teams, throwing back to an old design but re-colouring or tweaking the designs to give them a

Read More...

18 minutes ago, bowld said:

These are going to look amazing. Will Calgary go with the podium jersey but in black?

It's not looking like it. Based on the teaser it's looking like a variation of the old Blasty alternate.

19 minutes ago, bowld said:

The teaser seems to be Blasty but with the vintage shades of red and gold; the C on the shoulders gives it right away.

Yeah, the Flames has to be Blasty.

The logo colour makeup may be changed or the striping is going to be different colours, but I can't see it not being Blasty, especially with the Flaming C on the shoulders and the Flames organization commenting on seeing the social media support for the horse.

Also, the Flaming C logo isn't really colour flipped, it's the version from the red jerseys of that era.

I have no idea if the Flames will just reverse the striping (and go with way more yellow than red)...maybe it'll be pedestal stripes + Blasty? Would that be too much? 

27 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Wow are the ducks going with a white version of the leaping Wild Wing??

I still can't believe they're doing Wild Wing... 

I think the majority of hockey fans will be like "Wtf is this?!". Personally love it, but this will get some backlash, I think. 

2 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

I think the majority of hockey fans will be like "Wtf is this?!". Personally love it, but this will get some backlash, I think. 

Other than Vegas' jersey, this has been my reaction to the reverse retro leaks I've seen. 

I'm loving this promotion so far. Although, as a Flyers fan, given that my team has had a very basic history of jersey design, and kept two colors and one logo consistent through their entire existence, I'm definitely jealous of the other teams

45 minutes ago, Pizzaman7294 said:

I still can't believe they're doing Wild Wing... 

I know it was much hated back in the day,  but as a kid I freakin loved the Wildwing jersey.

This league wide promotion looks like its gonna be a lot of fun. Way more so than the nba's mess.

10 minutes ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

This league wide promotion looks like its gonna be a lot of fun. Way more so than the nba's mess.

Probably because it's a lot more constrained and grounded. Like the NFL's colour rush but with actual design and theme rather than just a paint bucket.

The NBA seems to just have each team throw stuff at a wall and see what sticks, which can lead to good looks but often doesn't.

17 hours ago, B-mer said:

Vegas is better than the gold alt. And I agree it could have been a good template for the regular set but that ones alright. 

I do not agree with that at all. The Knights alternate jersey looks better than this Reverse Retro one. At least the gold jersey fits the branding.

14 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

This should be their alternate jersey, not that gold monstrosity. 

I can't get over how good their logo looks on a red background... or how great the number treatment looks.

Gold monstrosity? Yeah, uh... no. Completely disagree, but to each his/her own taste.

16 minutes ago, cityhockeyfever said:

I do not agree with that at all. The Knights alternate jersey looks better than this Reverse Retro one. At least the gold jersey fits the branding.

They've had red since the beginning, though, and just going "must be gold cuz GOLDEN knights" is so BORING. It's predicating every single brand decision on just the name; which at that point, may as well scrap every color but gold to really make them the Vegas GOLDEN Knights, right?

The Habs are the "bleu, blanc et rouge", even though their actual hierarchy would be "rouge, bleu et blanc". The Bruins don't use brown. The Blackhawks are dominantly red. Maple leaves in any form aren't blue. Names should not force a team to one rigid standard aesthetically, that's like taking your entire design team and smashing both their hands with pipes; it cripples your options.