2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Both were wearing white uniforms too. The NHL is not going with a one helmet rule. It would look ridiculous.

Wasn't there a post on the mothership saying that was a scheduling mistake?

15 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Seems like the Caps are getting new helmets and pants, which match up with the info I got about their new third jerseys.

EmprJMsXMAAOBHh?format=jpg&name=small     EkuektmXUAAYzAm?format=jpg&name=900x900

The white helmet is the outlier, as white helmets get paired with white jerseys.

10 hours ago, Discrim said:

I figure it's a longshot, but considering VGK's is apparently based on the IHL's LV Thunder (though honestly, I'd have thought a Wranglers-inspired sweater would've been more likely, but whatever), I'd be pleasantly surprised if the Blue Jackets' reverse retro was in any way inspired by the Chill.  If not, oh well, depending on how well received this ends up being, there may be more opportunities later on.

MPueMoPMk_ARmTdKL6FWeoiVHpqSOey1eSN8K1jb

13 hours ago, nash61 said:

AR-302249742.jpg&updated=201002241544&Ma

I believe the reason they do this is because they couldn't get the shade of blue right to match the jerseys so they went with white... I read that somewhere, could have been on here. I know at the '98 Olympics, Canada wore white helmets as well. I think it was after that that they switched to red then to black after the 2002 Olympics.

11 hours ago, Discrim said:

I figure it's a longshot, but considering VGK's is apparently based on the IHL's LV Thunder (though honestly, I'd have thought a Wranglers-inspired sweater would've been more likely, but whatever), I'd be pleasantly surprised if the Blue Jackets' reverse retro was in any way inspired by the Chill.  If not, oh well, depending on how well received this ends up being, there may be more opportunities later on.

I originally though the rangers teaser could've been the cbj and the year would've lined up with the founding of the chill but they folded before '00 so I doubt it :( I would love it thought.

1 hour ago, 1insaneguy said:

So is it pretty much understood that the Capitals are going to bring back the screaming eagle on a red jersey, or is that just a guess on the part of some dedicated fans? 

I'm not privy to any inside information but given that the teaser has the year '97 I'd say we're just as likely to get a red version of this since that's the year it was introduced.

EDIT: Never mind, the teaser obviously shows this isn't the case

promo code for washington capitals black jersey b0798 53875

16 minutes ago, 1insaneguy said:

So is it pretty much understood that the Capitals are going to bring back the screaming eagle on a red jersey, or is that just a guess on the part of some dedicated fans? 

I have a source in the Capitals organization that told me about it a month ago, before the name “reverse retro” was publicly announced. The colours and year from the Adidas teaser match, and since they also told me about the blue third, their info seems to match up.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

1 minute ago, Brian E said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/1327295181260009477

someone will have to explain to me how this qualifies as "reverse retro" for the islanders. it's

1) not the template of their 1980 jersey

2) not...reverse anything? navy wasn't even in their color scheme until 1995.

I believe this counts as "phoning it in". Are they so afraid of their dubious jersey history from 1995-2007 that they really played it safe? 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Just now, colinturner95 said:

I believe this counts as "phoning it in". Are they so afraid of their dubious jersey history from 1995-2007 that they really played it safe? 

they undoubtedly are. or at the very least, lou didn't want the org to go back in that direction. still, they could have had a little bit of fun, maybe with a re-colored lighthouse? oh well. saves me some money!

sig2024.png

17 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

I have a source in the Capitals organization that told me about it a month ago, before the name “reverse retro” was publicly announced. The colours and year from the Adidas teaser match, and since they also told me about the blue third, their info seems to match up.

OK, cool. I just saw the teaser on Twitter with the Capital building as the shoulder patch and I gotta say I'm excited for these. 

15 minutes ago, Roger Clemente said:

Really surprised to see the Blue Jackets going with the white sleeve yokes instead of navy. I feel like it's going to be a little too reminiscent of the Caps throwbacks, especially with the stars at the bottom of the sleeves. 

Archived