2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

All i can think of is that the caps are doing the black jersey striping with the screaming eagle just in red/blue/white?

(EDIT: Although in 97 the capitals took away the word "capitals" from the white jersey. So who knows)

based on predictions i've seen columbus surprised by putting white where most thought blue would be.

the rest seem pretty inline with what we're expecting.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Ti-Nick said:

As much as I'd like to, I can't believe the Ducks will go with Wild Wing breaking the ice. I think they'll just use their current D-foot logo in purple and jade.

The font on the jersey indicates Wild Wing pretty heavily. It could be something else, but my money is on the icebreaker jerseys.

18 minutes ago, Ti-Nick said:

As much as I'd like to, I can't believe the Ducks will go with Wild Wing breaking the ice. I think they'll just use their current D-foot logo in purple and jade.

No chance it isn't the Wild Wing; all of the leaks have been Wild Wing, logo and all. The teaser lines up perfectly with a white version of the Wild Wing jersey.

18 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Seems like the Caps are getting new helmets and pants, which match up with the info I got about their new third jerseys.

EkuektmXUAAYzAm?format=jpg&name=900x900

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the "Weagle" was beloved and people have begged for that as a crest, and they've never done it.  Here's one concept:

KP8-blue-stadium-series-jersey-1.jpg?resize=975%2C875&ssl=1

Also check out that pant logo...

41 minutes ago, Brian E said:

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/1327295181260009477

someone will have to explain to me how this qualifies as "reverse retro" for the islanders. it's

1) not the template of their 1980 jersey

2) not...reverse anything? navy wasn't even in their color scheme until 1995.

When it comes to jerseys, Lou Lamoriello is very traditional. Doesn't believe in alternate jerseys, and also like jerseys being kept traditional. I'm guessing that this jersey is the closest Adidas could come to a reverse retro without Lou vetoing it.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

53 minutes ago, Brian E said:

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/1327295181260009477

someone will have to explain to me how this qualifies as "reverse retro" for the islanders. it's

1) not the template of their 1980 jersey

2) not...reverse anything? navy wasn't even in their color scheme until 1995.

Looks to be the template for their white jersey from 1980 (spaces in the sleeve striping). It would be "reverse" since they've swapped out white for Navy. I'm not saying it's a great choice but it does seem to fit the theme.

Taking a jersey that's based off a 90's design and using the newest (and worst) logo confirms what I've suspected for years - the Pens refuse to acknowledge the robo pigeon ever existed. I get that it wasn't popular when it was introduced, but with the success/players they had in that era, it doesn't make a lot of sense to use a logo that the regular version of it wasn't even in use at the time. (I'll always die on the hill that the pigeon isn't a bad logo, either. Better than this new sans-triangle skater.)

oBIgzrL.png

3 hours ago, QCS said:

Pucky! It's awesome to see the Canes acknowledging the Whalers after years of not doing so.

Totally disagree. I grew up in Raleigh and maybe two times in my entire childhood did I ever hear anyone refer to the Whalers. No one cares about them there. They've been in Raleigh longer than Hartford, time to move on. I hated the twice a year throwbacks and adding to that will make it even worse. I was actually excited when I heard about the reverse retro because I thought it was a foregone conclusion we'd get the beloved 06 jerseys back, even if it was in the wrong color. This is a shank. Yuck.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

Just now, throwuascenario said:

Totally disagree. I grew up in Raleigh and maybe two times in my entire childhood did I ever hear anyone refer to the Whalers. No one cares about them there. They've been in Raleigh longer than Hartford, time to move on. I hated the twice a year throwbacks and adding to that will make it even worse. I was actually excited when I heard about the reverse retro because I thought it was a foregone conclusion we'd get the beloved 06 jerseys back, even if it was in the wrong color. This is a shank. Yuck.

Better than the Tennessee Titans who wore an Oilers throwback once and will never wear one again as long as the NFL has the one helmet rule. Ignoring the fact that a previous franchise existed (even though they were the Tennessee Oilers at one point) is so much worse...

3 hours ago, Ark said:

Better than the Tennessee Titans who wore an Oilers throwback once and will never wear one again as long as the NFL has the one helmet rule. Ignoring the fact that a previous franchise existed (even though they were the Tennessee Oilers at one point) is so much worse...

The link between teams that have moved is purely incidental. Maybe technically they are the same team, but there is no physical tie between them. I actually love the Whalers uniforms but not for the Hurricanes. For all intents and purposes, they are different teams. No players, fans, or even owners overlap from their time in Hartford. It would be sad for the NHL to lose a great logo and uniform set, but forcing them down the throat of a fanbase that has no connection to it isn't any better.

Also, I find it extremely tough to believe they wouldn't have sold more jerseys if they had turned their 06 jersey black. That is considered the golden age of Hurricanes hockey, not a bad team playing thousands of miles away from their current home decades ago.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

Yea, the Isles uniforms are a disappointment. But hey, that's Lou. The Devils introduced their red and black home/away uniforms in 1992, and did not wear ANY OTHER UNIFORM FOR 23 YEARS until his departure in 2015. He famously refused for the Devils to come out with a Stadium Series jersey in 2014, while all the teams (Islanders, Rangers, Penguins, Blackhawks, Kings, Ducks) came out with chrome logos/jerseys. The Devils simply wore their red/green throwbacks. He hates the idea of alternate jersey as he thinks it is just a cash grab from the fans.

As for Carolina..come one guys. This is about out thing. MONEY. The Canes know how much people love the Whalers gear, and it will sell. Especially with today's technology (can follow any team from anywhere), they are probably hoping to catch the eye of hockey fans over the world who like the Whalers look and buy the merch, or better yet, become a Hurricanes fan because of it. It's not that uncommon (especially on these boards) to become a fan of a team because you liked their uniforms/logos/colors. Whether you agree with it or not, its a pretty smart business move. 

i first saw the Blue Jackets one on twitter retweeted by someone else and didnt realize it was CBJ.  My first thought was "whoa, this is not what was rumored for the Capitals!"  It still looks cool.  I wonder if they'll use the original logo but make the red ribbon blue.  

So far these are all really cool and i'm excited for almost all of them.  Some could even start the ball rolling for some redesigns of the home/roads.

53 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

But hey, that's Lou. The Devils introduced their red and black home/away uniforms in 1992, and did not wear ANY OTHER UNIFORM FOR 23 YEARS until his departure in 2015. He famously refused for the Devils to come out with a Stadium Series jersey in 2014, while all the teams (Islanders, Rangers, Penguins, Blackhawks, Kings, Ducks) came out with chrome logos/jerseys. The Devils simply wore their red/green throwbacks. He hates the idea of alternate jersey as he thinks it is just a cash grab from the fans.

honestly, respect

Archived