2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Brian E said:

yeah, exactly. he is right, and it does dilute the brand. 

An orange version of the classic design being worn a couple times a season would hardly dilute the brand. The same with if the Devils had worn a traditionally striped black alternate during Lou's tenure. Not every alternate uniform has to be a Wild Wing/Burger King type of monstrosity.

Between this and the no facial hair nonsense, Lou goes beyond conservativism and crosses the line into pretentiousness when it comes to his team's brands.

Very serious question, quite possibly the most serious question ever asked on this forum...

Will the Islanders Reverse Retro logo have only three stripes on the stick or four?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

4 hours ago, Brian E said:

https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/1327295181260009477

someone will have to explain to me how this qualifies as "reverse retro" for the islanders. it's

1) not the template of their 1980 jersey

2) not...reverse anything? navy wasn't even in their color scheme until 1995.

The orange and white are likely to be swapped.  So, the striping will end up matching the road whites, where the bottom cuffs is orange and the top stripe will be white.  Could have at least made them orange to spice things up a bit if they didn't want to go with the fisherman.

Just now, Roger Clemente said:

Very serious question, quite possibly the most serious question ever asked on this forum...

Will the Islanders Reverse Retro logo have only three stripes on the stick or four?

Combine the both of them into 7 stripes on the stick. 😜 

Take it with a grain of salt because he said he was "pretty sure". But the boss of where I get my jersey's done says LA featured the Burger King. He was however positive that the Avs logo is recoloured in Nordiques colour, and told me the Leafs font was "out there". I was attempting to pre-pre-order a Thornton. 

untitled-6.jpg

2 minutes ago, youcan'tseeme said:

Take it with a grain of salt because he said he was "pretty sure". But the boss of where I get my jersey's done says LA featured the Burger King. He was however positive that the Avs logo is recoloured in Nordiques colour, and told me the Leafs font was "out there". I was attempting to pre-pre-order a Thornton. 

Hoven said it was a Chevy logo, though, which lines up with the design tease we've seen. And Hoven isn't really wrong all that often.

35 minutes ago, youcan'tseeme said:

Nothing about the adidas preview says it’ll be an Avs jerseys in Nordiques colors. Looks more like a Nordiques jersey in Avs colors. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I love this program. It's going to be ridiculous, and that is awesome. 

As a Canucks fan, the 2001 gradient third is kind of the most forgettable Canucks jersey aside from the home yellow skate  post flying V jerseys, so I don't see it being super exciting. It seems like they aren't using silver, which is a shame, since it's still on the current Orca logo. 

Icethetics has posted some great predictions based on the previews we've seen so far:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I feel like the Flames & Rangers should be doing more than just a straight throwback. Maybe more white & less red in the striping for both of them. I also wouldn't mind the sharks putting the old fin logo on the front.

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Nothing about the adidas preview says it’ll be an Avs jerseys in Nordiques colors. Looks more like a Nordiques jersey in Avs colors. 

Not the jersey, just that the logo was a re-colour. Again I'm just going off what he told me.

untitled-6.jpg

14 minutes ago, youcan'tseeme said:

Not the jersey, just that the logo was a re-colour. Again I'm just going off what he told me.

But the adidas preview is burgundy and light blue. That’s a strong hint towards Avs colors. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

8 hours ago, kw11333 said:

Why do the Islanders continue to :censored: the most basic things up?

ugh why couldn't a notoriously hidebound and history-obsessed organization invent an ugly throwback jersey with mixed-up colors? is that so much to ask?

7 hours ago, throwuascenario said:

For all intents and purposes, they are different teams. No players, fans, or even owners overlap from their time in Hartford.

They took the goal horn from the Hartford Civic Center, lol

But in all seriousness, you're being willfully obtuse here. The Whalers/Hurricanes were run out of Michigan by Karmanos and Rutherford for years and years, there was a ton of organizational continuity between Hartford and Raleigh that only ended recently. This wasn't Marcel Aubut cashing out on the Nordiques and the Avalanche being effectively started anew (and even that's not true -- they retained a surprisingly large number of French-Canadian front office personnel). 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

5 minutes ago, the admiral said:

ugh why couldn't a notoriously hidebound and history-obsessed organization invent an ugly throwback jersey with mixed-up colors? is that so much to ask?

They've done more than their fair share of ugly alternates so I'm quite ok to see them stick with something that works. They might not be filling the criteria of going for something a little off-the-wall with their reverse retro, but I actually think it's going to be a nice jersey, so I don't see the problem. Navy is a good option for them.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

9 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Honestly, the Fisherman in the current colors (so sans-teal) could be nice.

This IS Lou, though; the man doesn't like alternates, as seen in his tenure with the Devils.

5 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, the Fisherman in the current colors (so sans-teal) could be nice.

This IS Lou, though; the man doesn't like alternates, as seen in his tenure with the Devils.

Good. I love a consistent identity that isn't constantly looking for opportunities to get away from their own look.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

7 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

He hates the idea of alternate jersey as he thinks it is just a cash grab from the fans.

As for Carolina..come one guys. This is about out thing. MONEY. 

confused spongebob squarepants GIF

As for NYI...I'll mimic the hope for the fisherman logo

Archived