2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to hand it to the Blues. They haven't had red on their uniforms at all for over 20 years, then they suddenly give us not only a throwback to the much-maligned 90s uniforms, but also one that's primarily red.

Meanwhile the Penguins were too scared to use the 90s Penguin logo and the Islanders were too scared to do anything at all.

1 hour ago, henburg said:

As expected, the Preds are rolling with a yellow version of the original uniforms, likely with updated logos.

Personally, I've always thought that it would be good to see silver brought back into the scheme, but I don't know about this color balance. This is also a case where the dazzle fabric made the silver look much better than this modern matte does. 

Looking at the front of the shoulders (in the shoulder patch pic) it does look like dazzle material is used. You can see the tiny lines that are used in dazzle/shimmer sheen material.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

10 minutes ago, NoE38_Concepts said:

Hopefully the Avs jersey uses their logo and not the Nordiques. I'm still not 100% sold on wearing a direct throwback to pre-relocation jerseys.

Same. I was hoping they'd go with a Rockies fauxback or something similar just to avoid the obvious landmines; the Nords are still such a sore point that wearing a jersey of theirs could come off as...particularly divisive. Like, the Whalers were bad. This could end up worse.

God, the more I look at that Avs jersey, the angrier I get. The Coyotes never touched the old Jets stuff for a reason, and with QC still desperate for a team and with a decent chance of getting one eventually, this feels way more of a slap in the face than with the Whalers jerseys, considering Hartford is practically never seeing an NHL team again.

6 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

I feel like people here in Quebec City will be kinda mad since the fleur de lys isn't in traditional blue or white, but i personnally like it

True -- would be similar to the Oklahoma City Thunder breaking out green and yellow unis.

At the same time, Avs fans like "HERE TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!" while knowing this uniform is already a complete disaster 💸💸

6uXNWAo.png

Archived