squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

I read in a book, forgot which, that it was always the organization's mission to do it all with French-speaking ownership, management, and staff (the Habs being a bilingual operation with either Molsons or Bronfmans at the very top), specifically to prove to the English that they weren't just a bunch of rubes. Turns out they couldn't, but one must admire the effort. 

38% of all players who ever dressed for the Nords were from the province. These days it's a big deal if the Habs can dress a single one. Quebec is definitely a place where we need to Grow The Game.

There's the Maine Nordiques of the NAHL who have the fleur-des-lis in a striping pattern and use powder blue, dark blue and red.

EGI_dlbW4AEZAzm.jpg:large

Goathead is back for Buffalo. Have to assume it will be the red crossed swords jersey in current colors

14 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

Goat head looks good in blue and gold.

Good grief it’s beautiful.

Wish the Islanders would give us the fisherman. Seems every other wild logo from the 90s is coming back. Blown opportunity 

So Tampa is just gonna switch the black with blue. Boring. Could have at least replaced white with grey.

We get a tiny peek at the crest for Detroit. Aside from looking very simplistic with the plain white collar it's hard to tell what exactly they're doing when their '98 uniform wasn't any different from what they've already worn for years. Maybe it's an inverted red jersey, or it's that but with silver stripes based on their teaser.

I’ve gotta say I’m excited for this program. Overall most teams look great and it’ll be a fun change. Some really nice options that would make great starters for full time uniforms. 

12 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

So Tampa is just gonna switch the black with blue. Boring. Could have at least replaced white with grey.

I’m glad they stuck with white if the Leafs jersey was always going to be blue and gray. 

17 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

We get a tiny peek at the crest for Detroit. Aside from looking very simplistic with the plain white collar it's hard to tell what exactly they're doing when their '98 uniform wasn't any different from what they've already worn for years. Maybe it's an inverted red jersey, or it's that but with silver stripes based on their teaser.

The inverted red was always the rumor, to resemble the old Howe-era white jersey. Assume they picked '98 because of the significance it has to the franchise.

Honestly- this could partially be their attempt at getting teams to experiment with colors and see how the fanbase reacts to them. Like the flames wearing black. If the jerseys sell real well then I imagine we see a black alt down the line. I'm sure 1 or 2 will stick around longer than the program runs due to their popularity with the respective fanbase

18 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

I wonder if we’re going to get each team’s full uniform revealed tomorrow or if it’ll just be the jerseys themselves

I would think just the jerseys right now.

The teaser pictures have just been people wearing the jerseys, so I would think we would get the full versions of the teaser photos.

20 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I’m glad they stuck with white if the Leafs jersey was always going to be blue and gray. 

Should have been the other way around. I’m just glad they didn’t go with those hideous storm jerseys that all the hipsters like because they’re so ugly.

15 hours ago, M4One said:

I know you didn't.  I said some people do.  All I'm saying is the Wild should never put the North Stars logo on any of their jerseys.

I would have rather seen the Wild throwback to their original green jersey and have a red version of it.

We need to keep in mind that it would only be worn for up to a few games. We can disagree about whether or not the North Stars' N logo should go on the front of it or not.

But I do agree about a Wild throwback. I personally like the original red jersey they had, not the updated one with the phantom shoulder yoke. Switch the main color to green and the primary hem stripe to red. The crest logo, nameplate and number colors would all stay the same. Would be a nice Reverse Retro jersey.

I have both the original home and away jerseys, but I do not like that one in red.

4 hours ago, daniel75 said:

Who cares it’s beautiful.

Not debating on how great it looks in the teasers. I'm only just hoping what I want for the crest logo.

1 hour ago, monkeypower said:

There's the Maine Nordiques of the NAHL who have the fleur-des-lis in a striping pattern and use powder blue, dark blue and red.

EGI_dlbW4AEZAzm.jpg:large

Wow, if any future Quebec Nordiques team becomes a reality, I really would love to see an updated uniform look like that. With the N logo, of course.

Otherwise, I prefer exactly what they wore in 1995. The crest logo the bigger size is a must, not the smaller one on the older past Nordiques uniforms.