2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Any chance some of the Reverse Retros become the next primary uniform for said team?

I’d love to see Tampa and LA take cues from their respective Reverse Retros with modern logos, though with Tampa winning the Cup this year and the Kings’ most successful years being in black and silver, it’s not very likely.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

38 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

Any chance some of the Reverse Retros become the next primary uniform for said team?

The only one I can see becoming a primary is the Edmonton white jersey. Maybe Dallas if they look really good with the star design.

But teams I could see keeping their RR jerseys as alternates for a while...

Boston

Florida

Ottawa

Chicago

Minnesota

Rangers

11 minutes ago, MinnyHockey said:

I'll take the new Wild one please as primary :)

The North Stars classic colors will definitely cool to see. But even if they did start using them again, I don't even think they can use the North Stars name because maybe the League won't want a name too close to the Dallas Stars, the team they moved to. If they were allowed, they would have changed the name a long time ago, in my opinion.

Unpopular Opinion: I kinda prefer the red, forest green, yellow, and vintage white, as well as the Wild name. I would hate to see that unique color scheme go, just to have the Minnesota Wild in the wrong colors.

I have a fondness for this beautiful fauxback they used a few years ago:

91uhWbundFL._UX569_.jpg

1 hour ago, MinnyHockey said:

I'll take the new Wild one please as primary :)

The current Wild sweaters are amazing, and it would be a shame to see them go. 

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

The North Stars classic colors will definitely cool to see. But even if they did start using them again, I don't even think they can use the North Stars name because maybe the League won't want a name too close to the Dallas Stars, the team they moved to. If they were allowed, they would have changed the name a long time ago, in my opinion.

Unpopular Opinion: I kinda prefer the red, forest green, yellow, and vintage white, as well as the Wild name. I would hate to see that unique color scheme go, just to have the Minnesota Wild in the wrong colors.

I have a fondness for this beautiful fauxback they used a few years ago:

91uhWbundFL._UX569_.jpg

And that’s not even the best version. The 03-07 is the Better version of this jersey. It had a gem stripe, and no faux-yoke piping. 

Minnesota hockey has been pretty lucky to have pretty great identities, name debate aside. (I also really like the Wild name, as much as the North Stars would be good too.) The Wild have a great logo set, beautiful jerseys, and an amazing color scheme. It would be terrible to see all of that go, to play fake North Stars dress up. I do like this reverse retro, because the Wild should be able to honor the state’s history,  (I’d also love too see a Saints throwback as well) but it shouldn’t replace the current identity of the team. 

The logo and colors should stick around for a long time...

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

The way these turned out, I have no clue why it’s called the Reverse Retros rather than the Retro Remix. They’ve consistently been using remix to describe them as it is. It’s both more factually correct and sounds better.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

NHL, Adidas Unveil Reverse Retro Jerseys for All 31 Teams

November 16, 2020 - 14:58 PM

This morning, Adidas and the National Hockey League unveiled thirty-one new uniforms to be worn during the upcoming 2020-21 NHL season as part of the brand new Reverse Retro uniform promotion. These uniforms will be worn in multiple games by each team with an emphasis placed on them being worn

Read More...

5 minutes ago, MDGP said:

I need to chew on these a bit more, but overall I have to say that they turned out better than I thought. I really like the Devils, Kings, Rangers, Lightning, Caps, Whalers and Bruins.

That aside, my first impression of the Preds is better than I expected. Am I ready to say I like it? No, but it exceeded my expectations.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Having Wild Wing in a white jersey on a real white jersey seems like a bit of miss...would have looked better if Wild Wing wore an eggplant jersey. Plus the goalie stick isn't near the neck like the originals...would look better if it had the bigger logo. 

The Sens look better when the gold is metallic (which is one flaw of the new set...it's not metallic). 

The Jets one is cool but I would have made the "Winnipeg" in the logo red. 

The Coyotes should have made their numbers off-white (like they wear on the black jerseys)...it looks like the numbers on this are white. 

My favorites: Sabres, Flames, Hurricanes/Whalers, Panthers, Kings, Flyers, Pens, Sharks, Blues, Lightning, Caps. 

Waiting to put these on sale until December 1 (or 6th) is frustrating. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

About 70% of these are a mess, but some are beauties. Off the bat, Philly, San Jose, NYR and Van looks awesome. I'm actually surprised how much I like the Canucks

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived