2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

I generally like that Bruins one, but I feel like they should now always include the serifs (save for a true throwback)...The old B just seems to be floating and the serifs help it blend into the rest of the logo better.  Also, death to the flame-snorting horse.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of these are really nice. Vegas, Minnesota, New Jersey, Montreal, Arizona, and Anaheim are my favorites of the bunch.

Dallas needs to go in the trash. I like idea behind Detroit's, but the execution is just not there. 

Also, Florida's would be a perfect third if they use their current alternate Panther logo:

2243_florida_panthers-alternate-2017.png

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

A lot of these feel like concepts from this board that came to life since we all love blending eras together so much haha

I really do enjoy most all of them though, it's a cool idea. I think that updated logos could have been used in place for some like Florida, Nashville, and Tampa, but I understand that sort of goes against the nature of the "reverse retro" thing.

spacer.png

Wild Wing clearly wasn't thought all the way through. Changing the white ice to jade makes it look like water, but there are still white chunks of ice bursting around the logo.

Detroit, Dallas, and Toronto are the only ones that I really don't like. Arizona, Minnesota, New Jersey, and San Jose are probably my favourites.

Could definitely see the Panthers, Lightning, and maybe the Bruins keeping these around as full time alternates.

Many of these hit it out of the park, a bunch have small details that bug me (white cuffs on Bruins) but overall are good.  3 or 4 complete whiffs.  I was really hoping SJ would include the side panel stripe simply because i wanted to see how they'd handle it with the Adidas cut, but oh well.  Still love it.  

LIKE:

Arizona

Boston

Buffalo

Calgary

Carolina

Chicago

Florida

L.A.

Minnesota 

Nashville

New Jersey

Ottawa

Pittsburgh (I loved that diagonal script when I was a kid)

Tampa Bay (USE THIS TEMPLATE!!)

Washington

MEH:

Anaheim

Colorado

Columbus

NY Islanders (No fisherman?!)

Edmonton

Montreal 

NY Rangers (love the crest, but the design lacks big time)

Philly

San Jose

Toronto

Vancouver

Vegas

St. Louis

DISLIKE:

Dallas

Detroit (Why not go with an old Falcons or Cougars design?)

Winnipeg

sig.png

Stopping in here after many months to say that I think almost all of these are beautiful. Happy to see the Screaming Eagle back for us, I’m still convinced that our blue Screaming Eagle jersey is the best in our history. 

Also, good GOD that lightning jersey is gorgeous. Make it the primary now. 

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, LAWeaver said:

A lot of these are really nice. Vegas, Minnesota, New Jersey, Montreal, Arizona, and Anaheim are my favorites of the bunch.

Dallas needs to go in the trash. I like idea behind Detroit's, but the execution is just not there. 

Also, Florida's would be a perfect third if they use their current alternate Panther logo:

2243_florida_panthers-alternate-2017.png

Fix those feet, and I'm in. They're the only thing keeping that logo from being perfection.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

I like the idea with Colorado’s sweater, but why not an Avs logo in Quebec colors kind of like the Wild’s approach with the North Stars? 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

While I'm not in love with the jersey the Canucks chose to throw back to considering how many options there are in the teams' stable, I will say I'm very pleasantly surprised with how well the darker blue works with Kelly Green.

Tampa looks amazing, thats one of the best uniforms in their history. It just needs the arm striping raised a bit. 

Honestly most of these jerseys turned out really, really well.

36 minutes ago, kimball said:

I like the idea with Colorado’s sweater, but why not an Avs logo in Quebec colors kind of like the Wild’s approach with the North Stars? 

Probably saving that for Reverse Retro 2: Electric Boogaloo, maybe coming soon in 2022.

This looks so much better than I anticipated it would from the teaser, but I mostly want to riot because they replaced Stinger with that damn cannon logo that looks extremely out of place.

IMO, the original Blue Jackets white jerseys are kind of underrated and I prefer this striping template to what they're in now; it's nice to see real color blocks back on a Jackets jersey — and at least they kept the neon green in the original logo and the only use of Copperplate font I've ever liked.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived