2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/14/2020 at 3:45 PM, TorinK92 said:

The Sens new CEO, Jim Little, talked about potential new jerseys in a radio interview a couple days ago. He said that fans will be in a good mood and that we'll see a plan take place this summer around/after the draft. This message is pretty similar to what the ex-CMO said a few months ago, when she said new uniforms could be ready by the 20-21 (or 2021?) season. 

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200-1.1441584

(at 7:20)

So this "new CEO" has just been fired, along with seemingly everyone else in the org [who talks about re-branding]. If there isn't a plan for a new jersey to be revealed this summer, then I could see a good chance of it being further delayed assuming it's even something the team is really looking to do.  Similar to when Tom Anselmi changed almost everything about the Sens' branding to the "O'" logo and we got our first real wind of rumours about a rebrand, then when he left it immediately reverted back to what it's always been and almost nothing has happened since.

16 hours ago, TorinK92 said:

So this "new CEO" has just been fired, along with seemingly everyone else in the org [who talks about re-branding]. If there isn't a plan for a new jersey to be revealed this summer, then I could see a good chance of it being further delayed assuming it's even something the team is really looking to do.  Similar to when Tom Anselmi changed almost everything about the Sens' branding to the "O'" logo and we got our first real wind of rumours about a rebrand, then when he left it immediately reverted back to what it's always been and almost nothing has happened since.

I already would have been surprised if they had something to unveil this summer, and this announcement tells me the can is definitely being kicked down the road. Unless most of the work has already been done, and whoever the new CEO ends up being has no interest of making their own changes, we might even be a couple years away from a legit rebrand.

Maybe we get a '90s throwback as an alternate next season like St. Louis & LA did this year.

Wouldn't all new jerseys already be in the yearly adidas catalog? 

The catalog leak that Icethetics got last year seemed to be mid-winter.

Granted, not all the new jerseys planned in the catalog came to fruition...but if the Sens were planning for a jersey to debut in 20-21, it's theoretically already in planning and production phases. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

36 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Wouldn't all new jerseys already be in the yearly adidas catalog? 

The catalog leak that Icethetics got last year seemed to be mid-winter.

Granted, not all the new jerseys planned in the catalog came to fruition...but if the Sens were planning for a jersey to debut in 20-21, it's theoretically already in planning and production phases. 

has it been released yet?

On 3/5/2020 at 10:08 PM, kw11333 said:

Any word on the NHL softening the rules on throwbacks?

As far as I know, the plan for "league-wide" throwback games is still on for 2020-21, except for Vegas (unless there is a fauxback planned).

On 3/11/2020 at 1:11 PM, tohasbo said:

As far as I know, the plan for "league-wide" throwback games is still on for 2020-21, except for Vegas (unless there is a fauxback planned).

To spin off of this Icethetics on Twitter over the weekend the following.  Could be interesting to say the least, and if they use current logos or throwback logos is unknown.

24 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

Could be interesting to say the least, and if they use current logos or throwback logos is unknown

I imagine it'll vary by team. Some, like Arizona, might take the chance to just add in the white versions of their existing thirds (so a white Kachina). Others (teams like the Habs or Leafs) might just invert their current uniforms or just add a throwback. 

spacer.png

The Leafs, for instance, might use this retro jersey.

As for the Habs?

spacer.png

Gotta be this.

Teams with less history might throw back to previous teams in the city instead, so maybe the Avs go full-out Rockies;

spacer.png

And if Carolina's really ballsy...

spacer.png

...they'd add a white version of the Whalers jersey. 😛

18 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I imagine it'll vary by team. Some, like Arizona, might take the chance to just add in the white versions of their existing thirds (so a white Kachina). Others (teams like the Habs or Leafs) might just invert their current uniforms or just add a throwback. 

spacer.png

The Leafs, for instance, might use this retro jersey.

As for the Habs?

spacer.png

Gotta be this.

Teams with less history might throw back to previous teams in the city instead, so maybe the Avs go full-out Rockies;

spacer.png

And if Carolina's really ballsy...

spacer.png

...they'd add a white version of the Whalers jersey. 😛

Well, Carolina ALREADY has three and the Green Whalers jersey could be exactly what they stick with, unless they go BALLSY and use this design but in Carolina colours for the Stadium Series.

21 hours ago, TBGKon said:

To spin off of this Icethetics on Twitter over the weekend the following.  Could be interesting to say the least, and if they use current logos or throwback logos is unknown.

"Inverted" seems lame, like a value brand colour rush.

If they're going to go with four jerseys I'd rather see Home, Road, Alternate, Throwback.

My mockup of a possible Flyers sweater?

DRpm4Xw.jpg

I've always loved their white sweater, and think this could be the best black-dominant jersey the Flyers could ever have, but it'll still take a lot to get used to. It would be horrible if they switch the colors of the logo, I was not a fan of the all orange one they've been using for outdoor and all star games lately.

18 minutes ago, schlim said:

My mockup of a possible Flyers sweater?

DRpm4Xw.jpg

I've always loved their white sweater, and think this could be the best black-dominant jersey the Flyers could ever have, but it'll still take a lot to get used to. It would be horrible if they switch the colors of the logo, I was not a fan of the all orange one they've been using for outdoor and all star games lately.

Pretty much like the WHL's Medicine Hat Tigers sweater that they have been wearing for decades.  Close to at least 40 years.  A signature look for the Tigers. 

spacer.png

To be honest, I'd love for the Flyers to bring this Stadium Series jersey back as a third jersey, then maybe have a black jersey as their fourth/"throwback" jersey;spacer.png

Hell, flip the colors on this and I think it'd also look rather sharp. Either way is good by me. You kinda can't do a whole lot else with the Flyers anyways...well, unless you wanted to revive those fuuuugly 90's concept jerseys;

spacer.png

4 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

To be honest, I'd love for the Flyers to bring this Stadium Series jersey back as a third jersey, then maybe have a black jersey as their fourth/"throwback" jersey;spacer.png

Hell, flip the colors on this and I think it'd also look rather sharp. Either way is good by me. You kinda can't do a whole lot else with the Flyers anyways...well, unless you wanted to revive those fuuuugly 90's concept jerseys;

spacer.png

Oh God I forgot about the '90s for them. I blocked this out of my mind permanently (as most people did).

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived