2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

8 minutes ago, Olmec said:

A jade version of Wild Wing breaking through ice is a throwback? Maybe you misunderstood what I meant.

Ok what did you mean? 

Sounds like you meant this:

CCM | TEEMU SELANNE Anaheim Mighty Ducks 1995 Throwback NHL Hockey Jersey

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, LAWeaver said:

Em89pc7XMAEn3kb?format=jpg&name=small

I know I hardly ever comment on hockey stuff (still a Kings fan, and still watch their games), but the Kings should really embrace purple and gold as their colors again.

I know they won’t since they won their cups in black and silver, but they could literally own the color purple in hockey and it would be incredible. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

6 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I know I hardly ever comment on hockey stuff (still a Kings fan, and still watch their games), but the Kings should really embrace purple and gold as their colors again.

I know they won’t since they won their cups in black and silver, but they could literally own the color purple in hockey and it would be incredible. 

I agree, but right now they also own silver and black, and it seems like that's the identity Kings management wants to mark as their own.

I’m definitely going to get the Wild Wing at some point.

The one complaint with it is that the breaking out of the ice illusion doesn’t work because it’s jade, so it looks more like water. Then the ice that Wild Wing broke that’s flying up with him is still white and not jade.

IbjBaeE.png

3 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

The one complaint with it is that the breaking out of the ice illusion doesn’t work because it’s jade, so it looks more like water. Then the ice that Wild Wing broke that’s flying up with him is still white and not jade.

Global warming. Lol. He was on an iceberg with water surrounding. Really stoked wild wing is back.

2 hours ago, Sport said:

All of these, even the good ones, look like they took some kid’s concepts from the concepts board and made them into a real uniform. Who among us hasn’t at one time or another taken the Canadiens red Jersey and flipped all the colors to make a blue alternate? It’s been done on this website hundreds of times dating back to the inception of the boards.

That's what happens when CCSLCers find work in the business instead of just sh-tposting all day from their stupid advertising jobs. It's a minor miracle that the Coyotes alternate doesn't have a tiny but unmistakable reference to frozen blood.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Just now, the admiral said:

That's what happens when CCSLCers find work in the business instead of just sh-tposting all day from their stupid advertising jobs. It's a minor miracle that the Coyotes alternate doesn't have a tiny but unmistakable reference to frozen blood.

Maybe Wild Wing is actually bursting out of a pool of frozen green blood? 😛

1 minute ago, the admiral said:

Perhaps the purple sky is really purple blood? Frozen, dried blood of non-believers. 

Granted, I'd have gone for the classics.

coolest-jessie-from-pokemon-team-rocket-

Some general thoughts...

If we're reversing retro, are we actually going... to the future? Turning ahead the clock if you will. Eh, maybe not. 

• Buffalo looks great. Shows that changing the colour scheme was never really necessary way back when. 
  • Generally Boring Category: Detroit, NYI, NYR, Ottawa. A lot of these have that practice jersey vibe going on. 
  • Carolina, the silver Whalers look is gross
  • Colorado, sharp jersey but kind of hard for the Nordiques crowd to see I think
  • "Ze Goggles Zey Do Nothing" Award: Columbus, St. Louis
  • Best jerseys in the program: Colarado, Buffalo, Oilers, LA, Wild, Devils, Sharks, Tampa. 

As a Vancouver fan, the jersey is what we expected, and I think it will be quickly forgotten. I feel like this is a missed opportunity to do something bold like have a full green jersey. Do the millionaire's jersey in blue and green or something. 

30 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

Climate change. The ice melted. 🥴

Edit: Beat to the joke

1 minute ago, Corvus said:

Buffalo looks great. Shows that changing the colour scheme was never really necessary way back when.

Talk about a war horse of the Concepts folder, yeesh.

That was the other one I was thinking of. I pulled hair out by the handful explaining to people that you can't just take scripts that were designed to evoke the seaside and paint-bucket them into brown and gold. Then the Padres did it anyway and everyone loved it! There's no loser I won't bet on.

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

That was the other one I was thinking of. I pulled hair out by the handful explaining to people that you can't just take scripts that were designed to evoke the seaside and paint-bucket them into brown and gold. Then the Padres did it anyway and everyone loved it! There's no loser I won't bet on.

At least they modified the font to look less beach-y. Most people in that folder preferred a straight recolor, especially of the beach script! That just doesn’t work.

18 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

I think everyone is overlooking just how terrible the Jets jersey is. It's so heavy on the charcoal and navy. Not a fan at all. 

I'll have to give additional thoughts on all jerseys later after work. 

The Jets jersey is just boring, but when your competition is Detroit, Dallas and the Islanders all making really disappointing efforts, "boring" is hardly that much of a problem.

Archived