2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/16/2020 at 10:05 PM, crashcarson15 said:

The prototype you linked was rough, but this white one below... might've actually had legs? I kinda love it for some reason??

0703-cbj-proto1.jpg

I love it too. It's very nice and the military patches fit well.

Should have used this unused jersey.

5 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Except for four years in the early 2000s in which they had decent, competitive teams. 

The Fisherman is fun. It's 90s. No one's really upset about it anymore, since it was 25 years ago. John Spano isn't coming back....it'll be fine. 

I do want to take a quick moment to defend the reluctance of some Isles fans to associate with Fishsticks, in the interest of fairness. A close friend who has been a lifelong Islanders fan relayed this to me, a couple years back.

While it's not the end-all-be-all of what's important in the sports world, Espn's 30 for 30 series has currently only done 3 episodes on hockey, of their just over 100. That small of a number aside, 2 of those cover Gretzky's trade from the Oilers to the Kings, and the Miracle on Ice. So far so good, right? You know what the other one was? An in-depth look at the Spano fiasco. That means that ESPN deemed it one of the top three most documentary-worthy stories in hockey's history. Heck, let's expand it to the shorts, too. We also get the rise and fall of John Wensink, who notoriously challenged the entire North Stars bench to a fight once only to take his own life shortly after his career ended, and Clint Malarchuk having his carotid slit, easily one of the scariest moments in sports. 

With that kind of focus on something your team has been the ongoing butt of, I am willing to take a step back from the jokes and show a little understanding to those in the fanbase who have a near PTSD response to Fishsticks.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

41 minutes ago, bowld said:

Just read the Avs are switching to blue helmets and pants at home. Curious to see what this will look like 

The white road won't be too bad.

The burgundy home, however, there's already a lot of that shade of blue at the waist. Now it's going to go all the way down to the shorts. The black was there to break things up a bit, each piece of the uniform was set apart, it let the colors breathe.

On 11/16/2020 at 11:03 AM, Sport said:

Who among us hasn’t at one time or another taken the Canadiens red Jersey and flipped all the colors to make a blue alternate? It’s been done on this website hundreds of times dating back to the inception of the boards. 

Hell, a number of junior teams do that all the time (two different teams here, FYI)

wc_ep_53_desjardins,_patrick.jpg toronto-jr-canadiens-a47dd6e0-a58d-463e-

At least they didn't do something like this

96_powell,_maliek.jpg

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Very very disappointed that the Avalanche are going with blue equipment. The renders look really bad, especially the road jerseys.

Black worked because the shade of blue the Avs use is lighter than the burgundy. Lighter equipment almost never looks good.

1 hour ago, Point1 said:

Very very disappointed that the Avalanche are going with blue equipment. The renders look really bad, especially the road jerseys.

Black worked because the shade of blue the Avs use is lighter than the burgundy. Lighter equipment almost never looks good.

Agreed. Not looking forward to that.

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

4 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The white road won't be too bad.

The burgundy home, however, there's already a lot of that shade of blue at the waist. Now it's going to go all the way down to the shorts. The black was there to break things up a bit, each piece of the uniform was set apart, it let the colors breathe.

Would burgundy work it for you? Black, imo, is like some kind of an afterthought that the Avs just go with because it's the only one that is dark and not burgundy.

Fits well with home. Not sure about away.

Devils should go dark green full time. Black is so played out. Dark green does the same job but adds a unique element. Looks really nice.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

8 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I love it too. It's very nice and the military patches fit well.

Should have used this unused jersey.

Sorry that's awful. I'm glad they went with what they did.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

2 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Would burgundy work it for you? Black, imo, is like some kind of an afterthought that the Avs just go with because it's the only one that is dark and not burgundy.

Fits well with home. Not sure about away.

The Avs blue isn’t dark enough.

8 hours ago, M4One said:

Unpopular opinion.  Colorado looks better with black pants and gloves, at least with the white jersey, despite not having any black striping, but certainly looks out of place on the home.  Too bad they couldn't use both.

It's true that black is only used on only 1 of their 2 primary jerseys (excluding the crest). But it's still an official team color because the puck in the snow of their primary logo is black. It's not used everywhere, but it's in their logo.

The Avs look is a product of the 90s. It looks nice. But with that color combo, they had to make adjustments, remove a color here, add a color there, so that the stripes would look as good as possible. Only so much they can do.

Me, I'm used to the black pants and I think they're allright with both the home and road.

Archived