2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Chromatic said:

One thing I just noticed about the Reverse Retros, they all have passable, alright looking collars. No toilet seat nonsense and very few clergy collars. 

It's a shame it took this long, you'd think Nike bungling the NFL collars when it took over would have been a lesson.

Actually the Rangers have a red toilet bowl collars on their sweaters. It was hard to tell in the reveal, because the guy modeling had long hair, and covered most of it up. You can see little snippets of it in some of shots... 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

14 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

A thin red stripe is hardly "toilet bowl" collar lmao

What do you mean? The back half of their collar is red... Like how the Blackhawks have the back half of their collars colored and no longer the fronts. Isn’t that what you mean by toilet bowl? 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

3 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

What do you mean? The back half of their collar is red... Like how the Blackhawks have the back half of their collars colored and no longer the fronts. Isn’t that what you mean by toilet bowl? 

No it's not;

spacer.png

The only red on the collar is the thin stripe. The entire base collar is navy. "Toilet bowl" is when the bottom part is colored, which this clearly isn't.

4 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

No it's not;

spacer.png

The only red on the collar is the thin stripe.

5faf07b2bd24f173f858b2a3_1113-nyr21rr.jp

But why doesn’t that show up on the front? That’s really interesting... Did they do a half collar for the trim of the collar?

11 hours ago, DPHF said:

Regardless what the rest of the Blue Jackets' uniform looks like, I'm pretty disappointed that they used the anachronous cannon logo on the shoulder.  The neon green stick on the crest even makes more sense with a neon green Stinger patch, like was on the originals.  The sweater got more boring when they switched to the kepi logo in '03, and it gets more boring again with the cannon roundel.  Free Stinger!!

Yeah I really don't like it when teams try to have their cake and eat it too. The original CBJ logo and the cannon roundel logo do not work well together and sticking them on the same jersey just looks awkward and jarring. It ruins what could be a nice retro style jersey for them. It's like the Ducks' throwbacks - the webbed D shoulder patch completely ruins it because it just doesn't belong on a jersey with the original Mighty Ducks logo on it. Teams try to combine past and present without realising that it weakens the original vision. Colorado using the C shoulder patch is similarly out of place (although not quite as egregious) - the bigfoot shoulder patch works much better in tandem with the Avs current logo; very 90's with a slightly cartoon aesthetic. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

For kicks and giggles

1. Arizona
2. Montreal
3. Edmonton
4. StL
5. Boston
6. LA
7. Quebec
8. NYI
9. Florida
10. Vancouver
11. Calgary
12. Buffalo 
13. Minnesota
14. Hartford
15. Tampa
16. Nashville
17. NYR
18. NJD
19. Washington
20. Vegas
21. Chicago
22. San Jose
23. Ottawa
24. Toronto
25. Pittsburgh
26. Philadelphia
27. Dallas
28. Columbus
29. Winnipeg
30. Detroit
31. Anaheim

12 minutes ago, Ricky_Roby said:

This is what I was kind of hoping for with Ottawa, maybe this would have been a little more unique than what they went with...

ott-rr.png

I know people like the peace tower logo but that wordmark does not belong on the front of a jersey. It looks like a soccer shirt with an ad on the front.

Also, that logo was used on a jersey using the Oilers template, not the Habs'.

I'll vouch that they should've done a red version of this jersey;

spacer.png

Fits the Reverse Retro idea perfectly and is markedly distinct from their regular look. We got Wild Wing and the Peyote Coyote, we can afford to get Scooby Doo-Eye Senator back.

The Coyotes posted a Twitter thing. Basic designspeak stuff about the Reverse Retro, but it did confirm something about the uniform kit they'll be using; black pants and matching socks.

Which lines up very well with this image Doerr (the team's Senior VP of Innovation & Revenue Strategy) posted.

The Arizona Coyotes already designed a updated kachina pattern, but relagated it to only the hanger effect.

png

Their last uniform redesing is really a missed oppurtunity to update the 90s uniforms. They should have used the remade hanger kachina pattern on the sleeves (and maybe the outer collar), just like their original jerseys featured it:

64e2d79604e9b80858c80abc81b49ce3.jpg

Avalanche Announce Uniform Changes, Patch for 25th Season in 2021

November 23, 2020 - 19:43 PM

The Colorado Avalanche will be celebrating their 25th season in Denver this upcoming 2020-21 NHL season with a series of events which (importantly to us) include a few related to the team’s uniforms. Débuting for the 1995-96 season after twenty-three in Quebec as the Nordiques, the Avs began their relationship

Read More...

Archived