squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

Recommended Posts

I feel like that's gonna be too much blue. Black kinda helped keep the other two colors balanced, while not overtaking the color scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

I feel like that's gonna be too much blue. Black kinda helped keep the other two colors balanced, while not overtaking the color scheme.

At the same time, it also looked like they grabbed stock hockey equipment off the shelf and gave it to the players, especially now, since black isn't really a thing on the jersey. I think the blue'll look a bit more cohesive with the rest of their uniform, which is an improvement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blue equipment will also greatly help the whites uniforms, where it's pretty much non existent.

 

Didnt someone post a screengrab  of an avs player posting new blue equipment a while back? We might be able to get a sense of whether they're going navy/steel blue from that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blue will work nicely on the home jerseys. I think it might be overload on the road white jerseys, though. Might've been better off having a maroon pair of shorts for the road uniform instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

The blue equipment will also greatly help the whites uniforms, where it's pretty much non existent.

 

Didnt someone post a screengrab  of an avs player posting new blue equipment a while back? We might be able to get a sense of whether they're going navy/steel blue from that.

 

it's 100% steel blue.  No idea why that article would speculate its navy...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

 

it's 100% steel blue.  No idea why that article would speculate its navy...

The other alternates colorado has used recently were navy heavy. It probably has something to do with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chromatic said:

The other alternates colorado has used recently were navy heavy. It probably has something to do with that.

 Yeah maybe, just found it odd since there has been two equipment leaks and a press release stating it would be their primary blue..

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Created some mockups with different possible "modifications" mentioned in the press release:

 

 

 

8h2Qp1f.png

 

1.  Blue equipment.  The Avs blue is much darker and more royal than I first imagined.  Its not this bright steel blue that has been used in earlier mockups.

 

 

 

 

tRYwsGZ.png

 

2.  Blue equipment plus changed the silver arm stripe to burgundy.

 

 

 

 

 

yDY82Bm.png

 

3.  Wow, big change.  Changed the arms to blue.

 

 

 

 

 

Ph2j8L3.png

 

4.  Blue arms with burgundy stripe.

 

 

With these more accurate blues, I prefer the first one.  Just change the equipment, letters, and numbers to the current blue.  Nothing else is necessary to create a cohesive look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d hope that the biggest change on the sweaters is to make the road match the original jerseys better. The slightly darker steel blue you used @CreamSoda looks nice with the road and would actually balance well, as long as they add blue to the stripes. I hope the home goes untouched, except for maybe the collar, as it is the best jersey the Avs have ever had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I’d hope that the biggest change on the sweaters is to make the road match the original jerseys better. The slightly darker steel blue you used @CreamSoda looks nice with the road and would actually balance well, as long as they add blue to the stripes. I hope the home goes untouched, except for maybe the collar, as it is the best jersey the Avs have ever had. 

 

 

Yeah, they could add a blue strip to keep the silver separating the burgundy and blue:

 

a5C8pd2.png

 

This is easily the best option.  The blue looks great and the additional arm stripe ties it all together well.  Really hope they go with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

 

 

Yeah, they could add a blue strip to keep the silver separating the burgundy and blue:

 

PRMZdWN.png

 

This is easily the best option.  The blue looks great and the additional arm stripe ties it all together well.  Really hope they go with this.

 

This not only balances out the blue equipment but makes the road uniforms consistent with the home in color/striping pattern (burgundy/silver/blue).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now make the circle in the middle of the C's on the shoulders blue instead of black and you're really onto something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, BrianLion said:

now make the circle in the middle of the C's on the shoulders blue instead of black and you're really onto something. 

 

Updated the original post with the C's colored blue.  Good catch!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BrianLion said:

now make the circle in the middle of the C's on the shoulders blue instead of black and you're really onto something. 

 

1 hour ago, CreamSoda said:

Updated the original post with the C's colored blue.  Good catch!

 

But... aren't those pucks? Are we going to change the puck in the primary logo to blue as well?

 

🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

But... aren't those pucks? Are we going to change the puck in the primary logo to blue as well?

 

🤷‍♂️

No, that's just from the Colorado state flag. They're just circles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

No, that's just from the Colorado state flag. They're just circles.

 

Interesting that they were originally blue and they changed them to black.

 

🤯

 

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-mGo8XIHeEfNvyc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Current / Blue /  Stripes

 

pX3jgJB.png

 

 

This takes the Avs from sloppy mistmatch (current) , to pretty solid uniform (blue equipment), to their best road uniform.  Love this change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

these mockups help, but I still would need to get used to the blue equipment on the roads. The all blue options you posted look great to me, but I also see them as too big a change and not holding the Avalanche identity. 
 

it appears that the gloves have the white cuffs too (If the McKinnon image is what they’ll be) which distract from the look for me. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. Like the Kings look worse with the silver/gray cuff on their gloves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Survival79 said:

 

 

But... aren't those pucks? Are we going to change the puck in the primary logo to blue as well?

 

🤷‍♂️


It is indeed a puck, and I second your motion that it should always be the same color as the puck in the primary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.