2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The foot logo doesn't really make much sense anymore since they don't have any connections to yetis or sasquatch; not since Howler was unceremoniously retired, at least. The Colorado C at least is more general-purpose.

In non-Avalanche related news...Becher just teased that another jersey reveal is coming for the Sharks on the Fin Factor pod. Given it's an anniversary season, I can think of approximately one or two things it could possibly be; a teal early 90's jersey or a white early 90's jersey.

2 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

The foot logo doesn't really make much sense anymore since they don't have any connections to yetis or sasquatch; not since Howler was unceremoniously retired, at least. The Colorado C at least is more general-purpose.

In non-Avalanche related news...Becher just teased another jersey reveal is coming for the Sharks. Given it's an anniversary season, I can think of approximately one or two things it could possibly be; a teal 90's jersey or a white 90's jersey.

It's got to be the white jersey, there's not much else to throw back to that they haven't worn recently already.

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

2 minutes ago, ldconcepts said:

It's got to be the white jersey, there's not much else to throw back to that they haven't worn recently already.

Might even be both; teal as the main alternate and white as something like what Vancouver does with the skate. Neither of the two have been done on the Adidas base, after all, and it's a pretty important anniversary.

Wouldn't be shocked if the stealth alt is retired, at least temporarily.

10 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

It is indeed a puck, and I second your motion that it should always be the same color as the puck in the primary.

That should be irrefutable. To me it looks weird as a navy blue circle, even if the puck in the main logo turned to navy (which would look weird too). It's black. Maybe I'm just too used to it. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

7 hours ago, Durden said:

I'm guessing there won't be many who agree with me here, but regarding these reverse retros, I really like the Devils and Kings and I wish those uniforms would be permanent and primary.

I totally agree on the Kings. Day and night compared to the cheap garbage they have now.

💜🤍👑💛

8 hours ago, Durden said:

I'm guessing there won't be many who agree with me here, but regarding these reverse retros, I really like the Devils and Kings and I wish those uniforms would be permanent and primary.

I can't see either team shifting away from their current colour schemes based on the on-ice success they've had in them, but I could definitely see both looks kept around as alternates.

My only issue with the Kings is the colour balance. The sleeve stripes & back numbers are primarily gold, but the logo is mostly white with gold trim. Also the white sleeve numbers get lost in the gold stripe.

I'm reserving true judgement of most of these jerseys until I see them in action and as a full set etc. I feel like our opinions of each of them are possibly inaccurate as they were all photographed in a controlled setting and likely don't reflect how they would actually look IRL. 

I definitely agree that the Devils should be red and dark green though. LA, probably agree too, but not as sure because I really didn't love the throwbacks they did a few years ago. 

And yeah you're clearly not in the minority btw.

17 hours ago, Durden said:

Definitely agree with you on the Kings.

On 11/24/2020 at 7:16 PM, _RH_ said:

Here's how I'd fix the shoulder logo :)

71314094.jpg

Always hated the gimmicky big-foot secondary logo. The Colorado C is so much better.

The A-mountain crest is beautiful and timeless but the Avs could've had much nicer uniforms by emphasising their burgundy and steel blue instead of incorporating bland black in their colour scheme. The Avs' Stanley Cup-winning lineup in the 90's and early 2000's spared their uniforms a lot of necessary criticism.

20 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Always hated the gimmicky big-foot secondary logo. The Colorado C is so much better.

The A-mountain crest is beautiful and timeless but the Avs could've had much nicer uniforms by emphasising their burgundy and steel blue instead of incorporating bland black in their colour scheme. The Avs' Stanley Cup-winning lineup in the 90's and early 2000's spared their uniforms a lot of necessary criticism.

I disagree. The Big Foot secondary logo worked quite well in tandem with the primary logo. I didn't find it gimmicky at all. Something like the Stinger on Columbus' jersey is way more gimmicky to me. Even the skating Penguin is more gimmicky, and that's a primary. Look at how much respect that logo has. So you just can't say that.

I know they have moved away from the Sasquatch thing over the years but irrespective of that I like the Mountain/Big Foot theme better than slapping a somewhat generic/boring C logo on the shoulders. I know it's the state emblem, yada-yada, but to me it lacks character big time. And pairing it with the main logo just doesn't work - they're from two different design styles, so instantly the jersey suffers because it looks disjointed without a unified style.

If one day they come up with a nice clean simple new primary logo (the alternate jersey logos they've come up with in recent years haven't impressed me) that goes well with the C on the shoulders, fine, but until then I think those 90's early 2000's jerseys were much better. 

Not bad. If I were a Flames fan I'd be pretty happy with it. The white C's work nice with what seems to be red numbers. Overall it's a bit black heavy, but it's fine.

4 hours ago, Bayne said:

Not bad. If I were a Flames fan I'd be pretty happy with it. The white C's work nice with what seems to be red numbers. Overall it's a bit black heavy, but it's fine.

I'm not happy with it--too much black.

And that logo is horrendous--it's a bald horse --so much could redone with a flaming mane if you want a horse.

But on the other hand we have the original style as the primaries--so good news that way.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

So I've decided to make some brief comments on each team.

Even if it's been discussed quite a bit already (I did enjoy many of the comments made previously)

Anaheim--one of the worst alt jerseys ever comes back why? And he's breaking through green ice? 

Arizona--if they wanted this design it would make more sense on the orange/sand colour--the purple is garish & too contrasting

Boston-- I've always liked the Bruins in Yellow--and this one works as well, nice template to use.

Buffalo--not bad, not great--but better than a lot of other things they could have done. the logo was a good choice.

Calgary--See above--I do not like the bald flaming snot horse--mostly because  bald horse makes no sense. And I was glad to dump the black with the primaries--oh well,at least we have that.

Carolina--I like the Whalers' look, and this work as well--in some ways the grey/silver makes it stand out more.

Chicago--we've seen similar looks and they're classic, and a black jersey makes sense given the team name. (Yes it is a name, not a colour, but still...)

Colorado--I've never been a big fan of the Nordiques look--although the NHL look was better & more coherent than the WHA look-although I find it a bit boring--the Avs; colours though make it  bit more interesting as they are less subdued.

Columbus--tacky, confused, and so much they could have done to keep it clean.

Dallas--perhaps it may be a bit boring or bland--but the Star jersey is one I do like. (Although I like their current look better)

Detroit--I agree they look like practice jerseys--too bland--but on the other hand they didn't go overboard the other way.

Edmonton--I want to vomit--the colours & look is so dated & tacky--I know some fans love the orange--but it gets overdone & awful--Too bad they didn't stick with the darker blue & copper look--I like that one--maybe do the original look with those colours?

Florida--looks disjointed in how the colours match up--but they're okay

LA-- I like these. I like the old purple (forum blue) and gold look--and it really works with that logo.

Minnesota--Real nice.  the old North Stars look before they added black is one of my favourite looks in the NHL.  If these were green instead of white jerseys, I would be tempted to get one. (& I'm not a Wild fan)

Montreal--seems a no brainer as other variations have been tried.  It works.

Nashville--one of my least favourite looks made worse by the colours. the striping, the combination of colours-none of it flows for me.

New Jersey--makes sense, and there is something kind of catchy about that colour combo.

NY Islanders--I don't mind them & I'm glad they didn't bring back the Fisherman logo--never liked it. Maybe could have done something else--but I'm good with it.

NY Rangers-not bad--the originals were nice--and the imagery works for a hockey jersey, although the sleeves look a little barren.

Ottawa--here simple works-the red works & makes the logo pop.

Philadelphia--makes sense for what they're doing--the black really fits instead of white.

Pittsburgh-- disappointing to just use a word mark like that-when they had so many ways they could have gone--I'm okay with no Robo Penguin--but a blue colour scheme would have worked nicely.

Sharks--okay--a bit different, a bit not.

St. Louis--why? why the red? my least favourite look for them--and then add more red? It takes no sense other than someone likes red (Which is a good colour for hockey jerseys--just to this one.

Tampa Bay-okay, I guess--doesn't wow me or repulse me.

Toronto--Kind of fun in a  way--to have a large logo. a bit of a mishmash--but it's the Leafs--it works.

Vancouver--nice overall--I know many don't like the gradient and it can be overdone. the blue & green make this work.

Vegas--I like this better than what they have been using.  Not sure why--but the colours & shapes flow & it works.

Washington-they've already done retro & updated retro--so going to this design is nice--and the red works as well.

Winnipeg--I'm a bit perplexed at the colour choices--especially the grey--the blue in the logo would have been nice for the jersey.

Maybe some of that will change when I see them in action, maybe not.

But some games I'd like to see the would be Minnesota vs Boston or Ottawa vs LA (Although that isn't a likely match up this season.)

I guess we'll see.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

5 hours ago, Stampman said:

I'm not happy with it--too much black.

And that logo is horrendous--it's a bald horse --so much could redone with a flaming mane if you want a horse.

But on the other hand we have the original style as the primaries--so good news that way.

Then you risk making him look like a punk rock dork with a Mohawk 

Archived