2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

12 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

It'd be a perfectly acceptable (if unremarkable) design if they used gold instead of silver.  Most of the logo is practically invisible.

Or...hear me out...it'd have been perfect if they'd completely skipped the stupid whiteout element and just gone with the base design in modern colors;

spacer.png

Like, how hard would this have been to pull off? The logo's easy to see, it's a reverse in the most obvious way and it doesn't awkwardly cut off on the armpits and begin again on the sleeves, either! They took a clear hit and turned it into an enormous gaffe.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

It'd be a perfectly acceptable (if unremarkable) design if they used gold instead of silver.  Most of the logo is practically invisible.

Yeah.

If they used gold, you could read "Dallas Stars"

In the silver they used, it says "Dallas" with the green star below. The silver "Stars" is very unclear.

On 11/27/2020 at 6:08 PM, TheRealPepman said:

The Calgary Flames' full Reverse Retro set:

127238373_10158701664243704_236896591629

- Blasty on helmet

- Pedestal pants

I didn't know the Canucks did a 94' Reverse Retro jersey on top of the new navy jersey they got. They even made a new logo and redesigned the pants for it too.

Dallas are full on embracing the futuristic vibe.

And I hate it. Talk about making themselves look cheap and tacky. Their winter classic jerseys are what they should be doing, not this trash.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

3 hours ago, Bayne said:

Dallas are full on embracing the futuristic vibe.

And I hate it. Talk about making themselves look cheap and tacky. Their winter classic jerseys are what they should be doing, not this trash.

Every uniform the team has released since 2014 has looked cheap and tacky, including the winter classic jersey.  Their embrace of half-baked designs is as perplexing as their aversion to Gold and their own history.

55 minutes ago, NYRFan said:

Not sure why they'd take the mountain off the current third and just go with the C-circle/puck. Gotta think the 2020 Stadium Series logo is likely to be the new logo. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

Every uniform the team has released since 2014 has looked cheap and tacky, including the winter classic jersey. 

Let's not pretend their edge set was good. 

The current set is pretty good...though I'd prefer gold...and the new alternate is pretty cool...

19 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Let's not pretend their edge set was good. 

The current set is pretty good...though I'd prefer gold...and the new alternate is pretty cool...

Their current set is fantastic*, that's why I said 2014 ;)

*It'd be better with gold

At 15 seconds, you can see the entire kit and uni layout. Have to say, it's pretty well balanced and sharp. The red mixed with the grey and gold evokes something different from what the VGK usually offer, but it definitely works as a scheme, to me.

11 minutes ago, CreamSoda said:

They did?  The third came out then, but no other tweaks.

The shoulder patches changed that year, didn't they? Plus the white Stadium Series jersey. 

Archived