2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

9 hours ago, VC// said:

99% of those retro reverse jerseys are trash, the Avs one is fantastic but the rest look like some horrible Chinese rip off jerseys. 

Like the ones you'd get if you ordered a Pens one and got "#78 Crosbie"

If what you say is true (and it probably isn't), can you post pictures of these terrible knockoffs so we can compare to how similar they look to the authentic Reverse Retro unis?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Bayne said:

The Stars looked strong, classic and mean with black, dark green and gold. Now they look bright, modern and pretty with their (IMO) over-the-top green with silver flair.

This is such a bogus statement. Look, I can do it in reverse.

"The Stars look vibrant, powerful, and fast in their victory green and silver unis. They used to look drab, washed out, and boring in their black, dark green, and washed out gold."

See? I can make one group of colours seem like the opposite of what you said they were! Isn't language fun?

And if you're tempted to respond, consider this- this is all subjective. I actually don't really care if you liked the black, hunter green, and old gold stars. I really don't. In certain combos (pre-ASG template) it looked good on them. My problem isn't your preference but your insistence that you're right everyone else is wrong, and that your subjective opinion is The Right One. 

Discussing hockey sweaters used to be my favourite thing to do here, but a number of people made it a chore, and this Dallas Stars cluster :censored: is a prime example of how that happened.

The more I look at this Stars set, the worse it gets. Green or black pants is a marginal improvement, but green more so.

Now I'm wondering how it'd look if they reversed the colours on the logo, with all the text and the star outline in green with the middle of the star itself in silver.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

3eCei4b.png

The green looks pretty good to me....

This is a huge improvement.  Now just add a black outline to the silver elements of the logo and it goes from awful to pretty decent...  Or use gold *ducks*.

13 hours ago, WSU151 said:

If what you say is true (and it probably isn't), can you post pictures of these terrible knockoffs so we can compare to how similar they look to the authentic Reverse Retro unis?

Why? The NHL literally had Adidas make 30+ of them. 

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

5 hours ago, IceCap said:

This is such a bogus statement. Look, I can do it in reverse.

"The Stars look vibrant, powerful, and fast in their victory green and silver unis. They used to look drab, washed out, and boring in their black, dark green, and washed out gold."

See? I can make one group of colors seem like the opposite of what you said they were! Isn't language fun?

And if you're tempted to respond, consider this- this is all subjective. I actually don't really care if you liked the black, hunter green, and old gold stars. I really don't. In certain combos (pre-ASG template) it looked good on them. My problem isn't your preference but your insistence that you're right everyone else is wrong, and that your subjective opinion is The Right One. 

Discussing hockey sweaters used to be my favourite thing to do here, but a number of people made it a chore, and this Dallas Stars cluster :censored: is a prime example of how that happened.

A human can either think both opinions are right, both opinions are wrong, or one is (at least) more right than the other. What am I missing here?

It seems like you want him to take the time to validate an opinion contrary to his own (or at least) not support his own opinion as much as he is.

Am I off base here? This seems so odd to me

9 minutes ago, VC// said:

Why? The NHL literally had Adidas make 30+ of them. 

Still waiting to see the jerseys you described.

Don’t be that guy who :censored: posts just to :censored: post. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived