2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

31 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Still waiting to see the jerseys you described.

Don’t be that guy who :censored: posts just to :censored: post. 

Here's the worst one, a team that represents morons. 

spacer.png

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, IceCap said:

This is such a bogus statement. Look, I can do it in reverse.

"The Stars look vibrant, powerful, and fast in their victory green and silver unis. They used to look drab, washed out, and boring in their black, dark green, and washed out gold."

See? I can make one group of colours seem like the opposite of what you said they were! Isn't language fun?

And if you're tempted to respond, consider this- this is all subjective. I actually don't really care if you liked the black, hunter green, and old gold stars. I really don't. In certain combos (pre-ASG template) it looked good on them. My problem isn't your preference but your insistence that you're right everyone else is wrong, and that your subjective opinion is The Right One. 

Discussing hockey sweaters used to be my favourite thing to do here, but a number of people made it a chore, and this Dallas Stars cluster :censored: is a prime example of how that happened.

You don't care that I liked the black hunter green and gold? You really don't? Oh I thought you would.

So you're someone who takes others opinions and gets angry at them. Ok.. Just because I have an opinion and don't decide to qualify every sentence with "hey remember guys it's just my opinion, take it or leave it!" doesn't mean I have this belief that I am right and everyone else who disagrees is wrong lol. I've been around too long to be that delusional.

The language thing is correct. You got me. I used adjectives in my sentences. Big deal, it's just my opinion and you can disagree. And btw not everything is subjective. That's what people who don't understand design principles and human perception and psychology say. 

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

7 hours ago, O.C.D said:

It seems like you want him to take the time to validate an opinion contrary to his own (or at least) not support his own opinion as much as he is.

Am I off base here?

Massively off base, but that's ok. 

I just want him to stop being an argumentative :censored: about his opinion. He can like whatever he wants, and he can argue in favour of it as long as he wants, without being needlessly aggressive about it. 

6 hours ago, Bayne said:

And btw not everything is subjective. That's what people who don't understand design principles and human perception and psychology say. 

No, you're right. Some things are objectively true. The sky is blue, water is wet, and you shouldn't stick a fork in an electrical socket. 

You know what's not objectively true? That the Dallas Stars look worse in their current colour scheme compared to their old colour scheme. So maybe stop acting like it is, eh?

6 hours ago, Bayne said:

So you're someone who takes others opinions and gets angry at them. Ok.. Just because I have an opinion and don't decide to qualify every sentence with "hey remember guys it's just my opinion, take it or leave it!" doesn't mean I have this belief that I am right and everyone else who disagrees is wrong lol. I've been around too long to be that delusional.

So here's where the mod hat comes on and you can take it or leave it. 

You need to fix your attitude. NHL sweater discussion on this forum has become a G-ddamn chore in part because of your combative attitude. To be fair you're not alone and we'll get to the others in due time. Right now though? I'm talking to you. 

You don't need to preface every post with "this is just my opinion" but there's a wide gulf of behavioural options between that and your MO of "being a combative :censored: to everyone who disagrees with you." 

Arguably we mods have allowed you and others to make NHL uniform discussions an unpleasant experience for long enough, and that's over. So again, consider this a mod warning- find a way to make your point without being needlessly combative about it.  

2 hours ago, IceCap said:

Massively off base, but that's ok. 

I just want him to stop being an argumentative :censored: about his opinion. He can like whatever he wants, and he can argue in favour of it as long as he wants, without being needlessly aggressive about it. 

No, you're right. Some things are objectively true. The sky is blue, water is wet, and you shouldn't stick a fork in an electrical socket. 

You know what's not objectively true? That the Dallas Stars look worse in their current colour scheme than their old colour scheme. So maybe stop acting like it is, eh?

So here's where the mod hat comes on and you can take it or leave it. 

You need to fix your attitude. NHL sweater discussion on this forum has become a G-ddamn chore in part because of your combative attitude. To be fair you're not alone and we'll get to the others in due time. Right now though? I'm talking to you. 

You don't need to preface every post with "this is just my opinion" but there's a wide gulf of behavioural options between that and your MO of "being a combative :censored: to everyone who disagrees with you." 

Arguably we mods have allowed you and others to make NHL uniform discussions an unpleasant experience for long enough, and that's over. So again, consider this a mod warning- find a way to make your point without being needlessly combative about it.  

Ok, I will fix my attitude. I mean most of my posts aren't 'combative' or 'aggressive' though. Maybe 1 or 2 out of every 10 posts I make is, or comes across that way. I get stubborn about (what I see as, and what are definitely objectively) bad opinions sometimes and I can come across too bullish when that happens. I like strong opinions though, it makes for entertaining debates. But I get it - we can't have that. I'll accept the mod intervention.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

They winked so I don't believe them until I see a photo evidence.

I mean, it's an official team account. That person would likely know what the full design is and probably would've gotten clearance from the higher-ups to answer that question.

Besides, the Oilers have a fetish for orange, it really wouldn't shock me if they introduced orange pants.

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Yeah, I'm already that guy.

You're not close to the "Even though a lot of people like these and they sold exceptionally well on Tuesday, I'm going to announce to the board that these are all trash and look like fake jerseys that I made up in my head". level of :censored: posting

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

NHL 21 patch update with reverse retros and some other notes:

Avs home has royal blue pants, gloves and helmets; road has royal blue pants and gloves: alternate looks the same, except added white stripe to bottom of pants, and gloves now have white cuff; reverse retro gear is all burgundy.

PIT reverse retro has black helmet

EDM reverse retro has orange pants/gloves

NJ reverse retro has red pants

ANA reverse retro uses original Ducks road socks

CAR reverse retro has green helmets

PHI reverse retro uses same orange socks as 90’s

SJ reverse retro uses black helmet

DET reverse retro uses plain red pants ans red helmet

NSH reverse retro uses navy helmets and plain navy pants

OTT reverse retro shows current number font and current gold cape logo, which appear to be mistakes

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

13 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

NHL 21 patch update with reverse retros and some other notes:

Avs home has royal blue pants, gloves and helmets; road has royal blue pants and gloves: alternate looks the same, except added white stripe to bottom of pants, and gloves now have white cuff; reverse retro gear is all burgundy.

PIT reverse retro has black helmet

EDM reverse retro has orange pants/gloves

NJ reverse retro has red pants

ANA reverse retro uses original Ducks road socks

CAR reverse retro has green helmets

PHI reverse retro uses same orange socks as 90’s

SJ reverse retro uses black helmet

DET reverse retro uses plain red pants ans red helmet

NSH reverse retro uses navy helmets and plain navy pants

OTT reverse retro shows current number font and current gold cape logo, which appear to be mistakes

Is this update happening today or just promotion for later?

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

I mean, it's an official team account. That person would likely know what the full design is and probably would've gotten clearance from the higher-ups to answer that question.

I know but still they used wink emoji. Anyway now with EA confirms orange pants that wink wasn't ironic.

4r2eer.png

42 minutes ago, philly97flyer said:

This is frustrating because the EA NHL team has had the red cape version and original font in the game for years as a white jersey throwback. 

OT: How awful is it that EA is now offering NHL 94, but as a bundle. If you pre-ordered NHL 21 you got NHL 94 for free. If you buy it now you get it in a bundle. If you bought the game after release and before today, you're still :censored: out of luck. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

This is frustrating because the EA NHL team has had the red cape version and original font in the game for years as a white jersey throwback. 

OT: How awful is it that EA is now offering NHL 94, but as a bundle. If you pre-ordered NHL 21 you got NHL 94 for free. If you buy it now you get it in a bundle. If you bought the game after release and before today, you're still :censored: out of luck. 

Nope. If you already have NHL 21, go to the main menu and look at the bottom right where the scrolling tabs usually are. You should eventually see an option to buy NHL 94 Rewind. Click that and it takes you to the store, and you can buy Rewind itself for $10. Pretty sure this only works if you already have an active copy of NHL 21. I think RR uniforms show up once you download the latest roster update too.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

I'm finally ready to rank the reverse retro jerseys. I stayed up late for several weeks, did the calculus, computed an algorithm, and based on that came up with a metric that is inarguable truth.

Good = honks 

bad = farts.

I will not elaborate further, especially if you ask me to. 

Bruins - honks

Sabres - honks

Red Wings - farts

Panthers - honks

Canadiens - honks

Senators - honks

Lightning - honks

Maple Leafs - farts

Hurricanes - honks

Blue Jackets - farts

Devils - honks

Islanders - farts