2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Like I said, this might be the start of a “North Stars in all but name” rebrand for them. I’d be all for it.

Seeing the new Wild script in Northstars colours made me realize something...  I just want that identity back in the NHL on a full time basis.  Whether it's on a Dallas based team or a Minnesota based team, I don't care anymore.  Those colours are fantastic and have been absent from the NHL for way too long.  If Dallas doesn't want to use them, Minnesota should go for it. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The classic green and yellow scheme is a nice color combo.

But it would be a bummer to lose one of the best logos in the League.

8810_minnesota_wild-primary-2014.png

The green and yellow version, if they used it full-time, it will look bad. The Reverse Retro version, it's okay to use for fun. But not full-time.

1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

The green and yellow version, if they used it full-time, it will look bad. The Reverse Retro version, it's okay to use for fun. But not full-time.

I agree with this. There's something neat about how they've managed to make red and green work in their logo. It would be a shame to move away from it. The green and red is as iconic to the team as the logo is IMO.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Colorado needs to change the numbers on the white, though, from black to blue.  Doesn't look right.  The burgundy gloves might actually be the better choice than the blue ones for the road jersey.  Still think black helmet/pants is the better combo for the white jersey and wished they kept them.

28 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

EA is not above screwing up jersey fonts; the Lightning and Flyers STILL use the wrong font, for example. Colorado's update using outdated number designs wouldn't shock me in the least.

And Ottawa still has their Edge Era uniforms as the primary - unless this update finally fixed it.

13 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

12 hours ago, Bayne said:

I agree with this. There's something neat about how they've managed to make red and green work in their logo. It would be a shame to move away from it. The green and red is as iconic to the team as the logo is IMO.

sIC5Qv6.png YQwDxQf.png

g4DQbI6.gif

0I3kSAc.png

We are wolves • Under the moon

The Wild's logo looks great in the North Stars colors, but the outline and the sky inside of the animal both being yellow dilutes the clarity of the logo (too much yellow and green and not enough contrast).  If you change the outline from yellow to white, then the logo is easier to discern and the crest then compliments the numbers.

It's a subtle change, but it makes a big difference (IMO)

spacer.png

spacer.png

17 minutes ago, GFB said:

The Wild's logo looks great in the North Stars colors, but both the outline and the sky inside of the animal both being yellow dilutes the clarity of the logo (too much yellow and green and not enough visual contrast).  If you change the outline from yellow to white, then the logo is easier to discern and the crest then compliments the numbers.

It's a subtle change, but it makes a big difference (IMO)

spacer.png

spacer.png

That little subtle change really punches up the look and makes my eye "relax" to focus on the logo as a cohesive thing.

7 hours ago, _J_ said:

Does green and yellow look amazing together? Yes

But the Wild already have a fantastic set in green and red and would be a shame to let that go. Now, could they make and keep their third green and yellow? Sure, go for it. 

Throwbacks nights.

The Edmonton Oilers went back to the 80s look full-time. After 4 years, they already reverted back to navy, discontinued using royal blue, and went along with the orange phase they're in now, and seem to have no plans of changing anytime soon. The orange and navy does look better.

Throwback nights are fun. These outside-the-box, 1920-inspired fauxbacks are fun. But a lot of these need to remain that. Not every retro look can work full-time. That's why the Sens look was shunned upon and the Sabres were praised, even though both went back to their roots.

17 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

Yeah I'm kind of torn because everything about their identity, besides the name, is first rate.

Archived