squamfan

2020-2021 NHL Changes

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

Like I said, this might be the start of a “North Stars in all but name” rebrand for them. I’d be all for it.

 

Seeing the new Wild script in Northstars colours made me realize something...  I just want that identity back in the NHL on a full time basis.  Whether it's on a Dallas based team or a Minnesota based team, I don't care anymore.  Those colours are fantastic and have been absent from the NHL for way too long.  If Dallas doesn't want to use them, Minnesota should go for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The classic green and yellow scheme is a nice color combo.

 

But it would be a bummer to lose one of the best logos in the League.

 

8810_minnesota_wild-primary-2014.png

 

 

 

The green and yellow version, if they used it full-time, it will look bad. The Reverse Retro version, it's okay to use for fun. But not full-time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems legit.

 

We'll see if they adjusted their shade of blue on the actual uniforms, to avoid having dark burgundy jerseys and light blue pants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

The classic green and yellow scheme is a nice color combo.

 

But it would be a bummer to lose one of the best logos in the League.

 

8810_minnesota_wild-primary-2014.png

 

 

 

The green and yellow version, if they used it full-time, it will look bad. The Reverse Retro version, it's okay to use for fun. But not full-time.

 

I agree with this. There's something neat about how they've managed to make red and green work in their logo. It would be a shame to move away from it. The green and red is as iconic to the team as the logo is IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Colorado needs to change the numbers on the white, though, from black to blue.  Doesn't look right.  The burgundy gloves might actually be the better choice than the blue ones for the road jersey.  Still think black helmet/pants is the better combo for the white jersey and wished they kept them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/2/2020 at 11:24 PM, VC// said:

Why? The NHL literally had Adidas make 30+ of them. 

Because you made a clearly false claim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does green and yellow look amazing together? Yes

 

But the Wild already have a fantastic set in green and red and would be a shame to let that go. Now, could they make and keep their third green and yellow? Sure, go for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, habsfan9 said:

 

spacer.png


Did EA screw up the Rangers’ Liberty/NYR shield too? Top half of the background should be red, not navy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WSU151 said:


Did EA screw up the Rangers’ Liberty/NYR shield too? Top half of the background should be red, not navy.

The answer to that is always yes, regardless of the context.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

EA is not above screwing up jersey fonts; the Lightning and Flyers STILL use the wrong font, for example. Colorado's update using outdated number designs wouldn't shock me in the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

EA is not above screwing up jersey fonts; the Lightning and Flyers STILL use the wrong font, for example. Colorado's update using outdated number designs wouldn't shock me in the least.

 

And Ottawa still has their Edge Era uniforms as the primary - unless this update finally fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spacer.png

 

 

 

Full view of Wild uni in NHL 21. Interesting if they really do use the stars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The classic green and yellow scheme is a nice color combo.

 

But it would be a bummer to lose one of the best logos in the League.

 

8810_minnesota_wild-primary-2014.png

 

The green and yellow version, if they used it full-time, it will look bad. The Reverse Retro version, it's okay to use for fun. But not full-time.

 

12 hours ago, Bayne said:

I agree with this. There's something neat about how they've managed to make red and green work in their logo. It would be a shame to move away from it. The green and red is as iconic to the team as the logo is IMO.

 

sIC5Qv6.png YQwDxQf.png

 

g4DQbI6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wild logo on the '91 North Stars base is really nice. Would love for them to fauxback (or potentially even throwback) to those some day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Wild's logo looks great in the North Stars colors, but the outline and the sky inside of the animal both being yellow dilutes the clarity of the logo (too much yellow and green and not enough contrast).  If you change the outline from yellow to white, then the logo is easier to discern and the crest then compliments the numbers.

 

It's a subtle change, but it makes a big difference (IMO)

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, GFB said:

The Wild's logo looks great in the North Stars colors, but both the outline and the sky inside of the animal both being yellow dilutes the clarity of the logo (too much yellow and green and not enough visual contrast).  If you change the outline from yellow to white, then the logo is easier to discern and the crest then compliments the numbers.

 

It's a subtle change, but it makes a big difference (IMO)

 

spacer.png

spacer.png

 

 

That little subtle change really punches up the look and makes my eye "relax" to focus on the logo as a cohesive thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, _J_ said:

Does green and yellow look amazing together? Yes

 

But the Wild already have a fantastic set in green and red and would be a shame to let that go. Now, could they make and keep their third green and yellow? Sure, go for it. 

 

Throwbacks nights.

 

The Edmonton Oilers went back to the 80s look full-time. After 4 years, they already reverted back to navy, discontinued using royal blue, and went along with the orange phase they're in now, and seem to have no plans of changing anytime soon. The orange and navy does look better.

 

Throwback nights are fun. These outside-the-box, 1920-inspired fauxbacks are fun. But a lot of these need to remain that. Not every retro look can work full-time. That's why the Sens look was shunned upon and the Sabres were praised, even though both went back to their roots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

The classic green and yellow scheme is a nice color combo.

 

But it would be a bummer to lose one of the best logos in the League.

 

Yeah I'm kind of torn because everything about their identity, besides the name, is first rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.